Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Dancer

POLL: Imps or Rebels?

Rebels all the way.  In reality I will play both, but Rebs will be my go-to choice. 

After all, Imps seem like easy-mode.  "I will trundle forward slowly and throw massive amounts of dice.  What fun!"  Give me some maneuver and strategy!

Kidding, kidding, don't hate me.  :)

We don't hate you, Rebel scum.  We loyal Imperials simply revile your anarchistic, misguided, and -- ultimately -- futile efforts to disrupt the lawful and proper Order of the Galaxy...

Honestly, you all just have a sad case of Destroyer envy :P

I was planning to do Empire only, but not knowing what if my game group will buy in I am going to do both. I have an Assault Frigate Mk2 on Order with my core and Victory SD. I just need another Neb and I will have my Rebel fleet mostly done :D

As a Rebel Scum I'm often in favor of the Rebel's use of superior starfighters but I'll admit the temptation of commanding a force of mammoth grey triangles of doom is too strong to resist therefore I'll side with the Empire this time. Although once the Mon Cal Cruisers arrive I'll be turning back to the light:) Redundant shields FTW!

So I guess this means I'll play both but I'll start with the Empire first for sure:)

Rebels all the way.  In reality I will play both, but Rebs will be my go-to choice. 

After all, Imps seem like easy-mode.  "I will trundle forward slowly and throw massive amounts of dice.  What fun!"  Give me some maneuver and strategy!

Kidding, kidding, don't hate me.  :)

Numbers of dice.

Don't hate me either :(

The pull of star destroyers is very strong indeed. I've added percentages to the results to help put things in perspective (see my original post). I know its not a huge data set, but the results indicate that the rebels will be outnumbered by imp players.

On the plus side, most same faction matches will likely be imps vs imps which is much better lore-wise (this is being discussed here: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/132536-faction-versus-same-faction )

Edited by Ghost Dancer

I'm definitely going to focus on rebels first. I think a double assault frigate build will pack a surprising amount of firepower, and they look like the ship that plays the most like a 1700's ship of the line with its broadsides. Plus I love its cute ugliness

Cugly? :)

Just bumping this in case anyone else wishes to cast their vote. Remember, you are voting on which faction you will PLAY the most (not necessarily what you will buy).

So far, the results are as follows:

Imps:     12  (34%)

Rebels:  8    (23%)

Both:      15  (43%)

Rebels are in the minority, but not by a huge amount considering that the majority will be playing both factions (there's roughly a 10% difference whether or not you factor in people play both factions).