Sign in to follow this  
Sternguard777

Larry's an ace now

Congrats. A lot of my toes are aces but I don't count the deaths. So. Really congrats.

Your toes have five kills each?

Lethal toes.

Fatali-toes?

Toe-nados

Please stop. These puns are toeture.

Edited by TopHatGorilla

Congrats. A lot of my toes are aces but I don't count the deaths. So. Really congrats.

Lethal toes.

Fatali-toes?

Toe-nados

Toe pun, or not toe pun, that is the question. :-)

sadly, the chances of him living that long are just as slim in this game as they are in the fiction :)

It's not impossible that he is about to eject before his Tie blows up. Roll an evade die. On squiggle, he is alive. Victor of the fight performs SAR.

Depending on what source you consult, TIE pilots can't eject.  Crash-worthy ejection seats take up too much space and add too much weight. 

Ride that sucker to the ground. 

Edited by Jedhead

Lethal toes.

Fatali-toes?

Toe-nados

Sheesh.  The poor guy clearly meant to say his TIEs.

Now we are all forced to spend an etoenity reading these horrbile puns. 

Lethal toes.

Fatali-toes?

Toe-nados

Sheesh.  The poor guy clearly meant to say his TIEs.

Now we are all forced to spend an etoenity reading these horrbile puns. 

You sir, just won the internets...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It seems there are a few main ideas.

Idea 1: "Put that man in an interceptor!" And then maybe a Defender down the line. 

My Opinion: I am not that good with interceptors so if I do this he's probably not reaching double ace any time soon. It would be fun to see him go from Academy to Alpha Squadron to Delta Squadron Pilot though.

Idea 2: "Serving is its own reward." Give him a pat on the back and get back to it.

My Opinion: Not a bad option. Leaves him in the same ship that got him to ace in the first place. Maybe I'll give his pilot card a little something to distinguish it and keep playing him as is.

Idea 3: "Put some paint on that Tie." Bring out the acrylics and give him some kind of kill marking.

My Opinion: Another easy one. Though the Imperial Commander in me tells me that this would be discouraged even if it would be fun to do for the hobbyist me.

Idea 4: "Poor Larry's going to die."

My Opinion: The way I do the progression even if a ship is shot down the pilot survives. (ejection seats, rescue recovery, floats back to the ship by dumb luck, etc. Though if you are shot down you lose progress to the next milestone. So Larry is safe and will remain an ace forever. (But if he keeps getting shot down he won't make double ace.)

Idea 5: "Toe Fighters are being put into production on a scale never seen before!"

My Toepinion: I think the puns are getting played out. 

Lethal toes.

Fatali-toes?

Toe-nados

Just got weird mortal kombat finishing move images reading these

"Toe-tality!"

We have a system similar to this for our x wing RPG. No one is an ace yet, but my x wing has an improved ejection seat, and a hill and a shield upgrade. It's an absolute monster in the sky and I love it.

With a hill on it it truly would be a monster in the sky, though I am having touble picturing it mentally. 

This could be the start of something beautiful/horrible...a whole new line of puns based off of a simple typo!

Ye gods...there will be hill to pay!