Sign in to follow this  
bmwrider

Will we get as many tie advanced pilots as we did x wing pilots in the transport?

Four named pilots. Commander Alozen (commander of Storm Squadron), Juno Eclispe (ace pilot from The Force Unleashed) and two currently unknown ones. Commander Strom, possibly.

Is Juno Eclipse confirmed? I had not heard that.  Cool.

Real talk, what's the difference between this new paint scheme and the old one?

it looks to me like this paint scheme is in the imperial blue-gray instead of just grey. Like how the old tie fighter toys were. (at least that's what I think it is)

Juno has some cool history in the story line.

I would love to see if there will be cool enough pilots to make buying that big ship worth it?

I cannot see enjoying play with such a big hard to flyship.

Real talk, what's the difference between this new paint scheme and the old one?

I believe it's blue like the bomber rather than the current light grey.

I think the different coloured models are a bit silly. I always imagined the difference between the colour of the TIEs in the films was just meant to be a filming/lighting difference, not a different in-universe pain scheme. I might grey-up my new one, or blue-up my old ones. Maybe I should do the latter and also blue-up all my Fighters to get them to all match...

I would love to see if there will be cool enough pilots to make buying that big ship worth it?

The Advanced stuff along with the crew that will be playable in standard tournaments makes it a more attractive package than the Corvette. Though I still want the Corvette eventually. 

The Advanced stuff along with the crew that will be playable in standard tournaments makes it a more attractive package than the Corvette. Though I still want the Corvette eventually.

Now don't get me wrong!

I think the ship looks better than the other huge ships, or should I say more like a combat ship, I just know that one of my XW friends has had the transport from the day we started and we never use it.

I think the huge ships would make the game long and slow, I love the visual these big ships offer, I just wish the game play would not be as slow as described cuz I would like them I think.

When playing with huge ships, they do not really slow things down.

Yeah they do. Every epic game I have played has taken 3-4 hours to play.

They were massive fun, but very long.

I may be wrong but I would be willing to bet that the time increase of a game played with Epic ships has a lot more to do with the increased points allowed than it does with the size of the models you are playing. I mean come on can you really expect yo play a game with more points and expect it not take longer to play?

I may be wrong but I would be willing to bet that the time increase of a game played with Epic ships has a lot more to do with the increased points allowed than it does with the size of the models you are playing.

Probably, but since you can't really play with the huge ships without increasing the point level significantly (except maybe the transport, which is kinda unusual) it us kinda a moot point. If you play with the corvette or raider, the game is going to take longer, regardless of whether it it because the huge ships are harder to kill or because of the increased points.

Four named pilots. Commander Alozen (commander of Storm Squadron), Juno Eclispe (ace pilot from The Force Unleashed) and two currently unknown ones. Commander Strom, possibly.

Is Juno Eclipse confirmed? I had not heard that. Cool.

Yes it was deciphered some days after the Raider was announced. PS 8 so probably the top pilot of the release.

I don't know how the thread was called but the guy had a pixelated zoom of the release picture from FFG and the name typed in the same font and at the same angle for comparison, and it convinced me 100% that the letters say Juno Eclipse. Concerning me it is confirmed but search the thread for yourself. Should have been something with Juno Eclipse of course...

Edited by ForceM