Sign in to follow this  
strongarm85

Help me come up with a name

So essentially in my game the PCs have been dealing with this inquisitor.

Well it turns out that this Inquisitor is actually the head of a secret organization that has spies deep within the Rebellion and the Empire itself, pulling strings for  some nefarious means.

Essentially the PCs are fighting against Hydra. But obviously it can't be named Hydra. So what do we call it?

Ophidian.

Ophidian... I see what you did there :D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Command

Hail Zillo!

Zillo would be pretty bad ass.

Scylla

Charybdis

Tiamat

Typhon

Orochi

Gidorah

Chimera

Okay that's all the multi-headed monsters i can think of.

Hail King Gidorah!

Gidorah is awesome. There is actually a Sithspawn called a Battle Hydra. They can actually look a lot like Gidorah except that they have 2 heads instead of one. I'm sure with a little hand waving I could make that work for an epic boss fight though. Maybe the is enough of a BBEG that he can make a Battle Hydra grow a third head and teach it out how to breath fire?

I'm leaning towards Zillo right now because its Star Wars related, and Gidorah because of that cool scene I that just popped into my brain.

Some more background. The Villain who is charge of this evil shadow organization is actually none other Jerec from Dark Forces II. We are only about 10 months after the Battle of Yavin at this point. I've picked him because he potentially has Red Skull levels of insanity given how he was depicted in Dark Forces 2.

As it is a nefarious group aimed at infiltrating both rebellion and empire, I dub you "The Ettin". Of course the proper "Bogle" could be used but sounds like toggle and as well sounds like IKEA furniture. Although IKEA is William Gibsons favorites for futuristic jargon dubbing, so Duktig or Skärpt could be helpful, one being a clever knife is nice edge to the Empire. Hermm....

Praise the Emperor when he finally descends upon the outer rim and cleanses all heretics.

What was the name of the ancient race that effectively caused the dark-light split within the Jedai?

Rakati wasn't it?

Emphasis on ancient traditions maybe an obsession with collecting ancient artefacts as a clue they're involved after all this way you have a link to the new Star Wars movie by giving them your version of what's going on so when they watch it they'll ask and you use their comments to fine tune your game after one of them is bound to want that awful new lightsaber!

How about a Star Wars creature of legend?

Orbalisk:
small, but large in number; parasitic; deadly; resilient to the point of being nearly invincible.
K'kayeh:
a large dragon-like sithspawn, immune to Force Detection, expert in camouflage, even able to hide from electronic sensors. Amphibious, armor-plated, extremely long-lived.
Derriphan:
a dark side creature from a nightmare. They can devour your very consciousness, and completely possess you.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Decision time will be Monday probably, otherwise which will be our next session.

So we have one last couple of days for brainstorming.

If it helps, the leader of this organization is Jerec, the villain from Dark Forces 2.