Sign in to follow this  
Ceodryn

Movies that inspired FFG types of Zombies?

I am not a zombie expert, thus I am curious to get a list of movies (good ones) that inspired the scenarios.

No room in hell - walking dead, night of the living dead

Pandemic - 48 days, i am legend, world war z

Meteor - ?

Whisper - ?

Under the skin - ?

Meteor - Walking Dead (whole world is infected and it isn't until they die that they get raised). I haven't watched all the seasons yet only read about their zombies. Night of the Comet (never seen it)

Whisper - The Serpent and the Rainbow (never seen it)

Pandemic - Resident Evil

just my added thoughts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films

Pandemic - 28 Days Later, Dead Alive

No room in hell - Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead.

I think the Romero films (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead) were where the modern version of zombies were conceived. But I believe the idea zombies were taken from Haitian folklore where the dead were raised form the grave by magic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie This is probably where the Whisper scenario comes from.

Under the Skin reminds me of Slither (I think that was the name) though it isn't a zombie movie.

Yep definitely slither and also a bit of Dead Mary as well, which also isn't a zombie movie but then Under the Skin is not a typical zombie scenario.

Under the Skin reminds me of movies like The Thing, Slither and The Cave. The Cave wasn't about zombies, but it had some similarities in that it was microcosmic creatures infesting and changing their hosts.

|Rec| and its sequels is a good example of a demon zombie infestation.

Undead or Alive is a Native American shaman curse and has similarities to the magic of voodoo. The magic could be attributed to any necromancer myth really.

Pandemics are pretty standard. Z Nation, the tv series, was pretty fun. I enjoyed it for its poking fun at genre while embracing it.