Sign in to follow this  
Hrathen

What are the odds

The Imperial Raider is still in development (according to FFG's upcoming page).  It is also scheduled to come out in Q1. 

So what are the odds we really get it by March (the last month of quarter 1)?  I am guessing really slim.

I was wondering about that.  Still, they say 6-8 weeks to get shipped once it's ON THE BOAT?  It can happen, but there isn't much time left. 

I'm doing a focus group tonight to taste test pizza for $75, which is going to be my pre-order from MM for one.

I was wondering about that.  Still, they say 6-8 weeks to get shipped once it's ON THE BOAT?  It can happen, but there isn't much time left. 

I'm doing a focus group tonight to taste test pizza for $75, which is going to be my pre-order from MM for one.

But it isn't even at the printers yet...

"Never tell me the odds!"

To answer your question; probably the same probability of anyone other than Han navigating an asteroid field.

Considering that each asteroid into an asteroid field in real life (unlike in movies) are separated by about a kilometer (an not just a few meters), the chance would be pretty high ;)

My guess is that it's not actually still in development. My guess is that they probably figured out the Raider from a gameplay standpoint before they finalized the physical design. I'd also guess the physical design is finalized- I don't think they want a replay of what happened with the first round of Huge ships.

What I think is happening is that they are waiting for free space in their factories. I don't think there is a "waiting" setting on their webpage for a period between "design" and "print".

Given that, I'd expect a Raider in July.

Edited by Punning Pundit

I think the odds are very good, we know the ship is produced(thanks to there beeing a picture of it's box, all they are dooing is playtesting, considering what cards it comes with, writing missions for it and so on.

Edited by arolig

I think the odds are very good, we know the ship is produced(thanks to there beeing a picture of it's box, all they are dooing is playtesting, considering what cards it comes with, writing missions for it and so on.

You've got that backwards. The box and picture of the actual model would be prototypes, not actual production units. The playtesting would have been finished months ago along with the actual contents of the box, what cards and counters are going to come with it. We know that has all been decided because the cards are shown in the picture of the full spread. by the time the preview article gets posted, all that is left for a product is the actual manufacturing. Which, sadly, is the area where unavoidable delays happen.