Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

You Gotta Laugh!

Why would you have had to preorder months ago? You could easily compete without S&V and get the ships and cards when they become available.

And if your LGS has just enough to cover the preorders than they should handle their ordering better. 

Or you should look to other stores, there's plenty to be had online.

The problem isn't that some people want more ships. THe problem is that these people are, inadvertently, dictating my game experience. I could choose not to buy S/V but if I do (and if i Don't i don't get the new cards) I would have had to preorder months ago and queue up with all the people who insist on having 3x everything within. The whole lot is also too expensive for me really. So I'm looking to get out of the game if the price is right (it won't be I doubt).

There's no real secondary market.

If there's actually been a proper FFG boat restock and the local shops are sold out, buy online. They'll still have it, they'll have it at sensible prices, and if your local shops don't actually have any to sell people can't accuse you of not supporting them.

Why would you have had to preorder months ago? You could easily compete without S&V and get the ships and cards when they become available.

And if your LGS has just enough to cover the preorders than they should handle their ordering better. 

because the demand for product is huge. Many people want at least 3x everything.

Edited by signoftheserpent

The problem isn't that some people want more ships. THe problem is that these people are, inadvertently, dictating my game experience. I could choose not to buy S/V but if I do (and if i Don't i don't get the new cards) I would have had to preorder months ago and queue up with all the people who insist on having 3x everything within. The whole lot is also too expensive for me really. So I'm looking to get out of the game if the price is right (it won't be I doubt).

You do realize that FFG hasn't had those kind of shortages on new product since Wave 2? And to a much lesser extent Imperial Aces, but that I think was more of them being unable to get all of their containers released at the same time. 

because the demand for product is huge. Many people any at least3x everything

So? Wait a while, buy later. Or order from an online store, there are hundreds around the globe.

It reads to me like you are dictating your game. You seem hold a mindset that if you don't have everything you can't play. That won't be sustainable. Like I have said elsewhere, the game is very well balanced. Asteroid placement, ship placement and flying are as important, or more important, than what cards you have.

If you are done, ok. Don't act like it is the fault of the game or the rest of us playing though. You are choosing not to play.

because the demand for product is huge. Many people want at least 3x everything.
If you're not having fun, get out. This complaining about availability has been going on long enough. We have dealt with shortages for 2 years plus now. We have all waited for something to restock in our areas, you aren't the first to run into this issue, and you won't be the last. If you're going to let your frustration get the best of you, then sell your ships and find a game that has a better availablity.

Whining about it isn't going to get you ships faster, and the people that are geting their ships.. they are preordering, and you have the same ability as well. Even now.. you can go to miniatures market and preorder all the ships you want or can afford.. talk about your first world problems. People in other countries are short on food and water.. we gripe about plastic miniature toys..

Also.. buy everything, you get all the cards to play the game and when you find someone that doesn't play, and is interested.. you can field a Rebel, and Imperial force to show them how.. that's what I did..

Edited by oneway

Can you back up this people want 3x of everything claim?  Ill assume this claim is hyperbole used to make a point.  Ill agree with you that demand is huge...I have posted in several other threads about why these backups in shipping are happening and how difficult it is to forecast for the exponential growth Xwing is seeing.

But I doubt the majority of players want large numbers of most ships...some of the small ships maybe...but with most people playing 100 pt games 3 + of MOST ships isnt necessary..but I am sure you know that.  And even if most people want 3+ of everything why should they not get it when they can?  Keeps sales high and keeps the company in business.  Why should the fact that you want it wherever you are looking matter to me when we probably dont even live in the same geographic area and not even know each other?  Should I not buy something I want and can afford because someone may come in tomorrow wanting it?  What if he already has 10x?

No one dictates your game but you.  There is no grand conspiracy by others to keep you from getting the ships you want.  You may not have come out and said those exact words...but this and our "discussion" in the TIE Adv ripoff thread have lead me to believe this is your mindset.  I nor anybody else have the obligation to make sure that YOU have what YOU want available right when YOU want it at the price YOU want to pay.  Nor is anyone working against you to keep you from getting what you want.  Go out and do the footwork to find it...but there is a good chance that due to market conditions and the state of the game you may not find it for a while.

Edited by ShakeZoola72

It is amazing how quickly forget the history of this game. Or those that are newer. Does anyone remember the great A-wing and Interceptor shortage of 2013? Heck, by the middle of the summer, I think only the core and X-wings and TIE Fighters were available. And even then, the expansions were beginning to get thin. At Gencon, people were more interested in Interceptors than they were for any of the Wave 3 stuff. They ran out of Interceptors and other Wave 2 stuff before they ran out of Wave 3 stuff. 

I think if the game could survive the Wave 2 shortages, which was followed up with the game itself getting a bit difficult to find, I think we will be able to survive this. Yes, things seem to be getting scarce. But, we have about 6 ships that are fairly easy to get. Which is a heck of a lot better when people were being forced to get Cores for additional ships. We have reprints on the way. And when they get here, we can forget this problem for some time. Patience can be hard. I know, I went a summer with 1/3 A-wings and 2/4 Interceptors that I wanted at the time.

I remember that when I started I could not get my hands on squints for less than £30 and I refused to pay that extortionate price, I started with tie fighters a pair of advanced and a firespray but my friend could buy any rebel ship he wanted.

X-wing has gone from nothing to the second biggest mini game in a few years and could well claim the number one slot as more and more dump 40k.

It's annoying yes but it'll pass and the game will continue to grow.

It reads to me like you are dictating your game. You seem hold a mindset that if you don't have everything you can't play. That won't be sustainable. Like I have said elsewhere, the game is very well balanced. Asteroid placement, ship placement and flying are as important, or more important, than what cards you have.

If you are done, ok. Don't act like it is the fault of the game or the rest of us playing though. You are choosing not to play.

I didn't say it was. In fact I gave the reasons on the first page. Perhaps you should have read them more clearly. I even said theat the game is good.

If you're not having fun, get out. This complaining about availability has been going on long enough. We have dealt with shortages for 2 years plus now. We have all waited for something to restock in our areas, you aren't the first to run into this issue, and you won't be the last. If you're going to let your frustration get the best of you, then sell your ships and find a game that has a better availablity.

Whining about it isn't going to get you ships faster, and the people that are geting their ships.. they are preordering, and you have the same ability as well. Even now.. you can go to miniatures market and preorder all the ships you want or can afford.. talk about your first world problems. People in other countries are short on food and water.. we gripe about plastic miniature toys..

Also.. buy everything, you get all the cards to play the game and when you find someone that doesn't play, and is interested.. you can field a Rebel, and Imperial force to show them how.. that's what I did..

If you are going to use childish and provocative language such as 'whining' then please find another thread.

But whining is the most accurate term to describe what you are doing. What word non childish word would you have him use?

Find another thread to troll, i've no time for fanboys.

Ah name calling! That will certainly help your position.

Please answer my question? What other word is he supposed to use? Please. Educate me. I am genuinely curious as to to how you would describe what you are doing and how that isn't the right word to use.

Because to alot of us...whining is exactly what it looks like.

I'll make my exit here...I don't think I'll get worthwhile recourse from you if you are going to respond as you did above.

I didn't say it was. In fact I gave the reasons on the first page. Perhaps you should have read them more clearly. I even said theat the game is good.

You are making the claim that other players are, inadvertently, dictating your game. I've read the whole thread, saying you said something else first before you made the claim I am addressing is disingenuous. Even if true you are expecting me to take a position from the past over what you have said more recently.

The only one trolling this thread seems to be you. How about you graciously accept valid criticism, or bow out, as opposed to getting your back up and trying to invalidate the valid criticisms put to you.

Or heck, you claimed you were quitting, how about you stick your flounce.

You are making the claim that other players are, inadvertently, dictating your game. I've read the whole thread, saying you said something else first before you made the claim I am addressing is disingenuous. Even if true you are expecting me to take a position from the past over what you have said more recently.

The only one trolling this thread seems to be you. How about you graciously accept valid criticism, or bow out, as opposed to getting your back up and trying to invalidate the valid criticisms put to you.

Or heck, you claimed you were quitting, how about you stick your flounce.

Since this is not a solo game it is entirely proper that other players 'dictate' my game. If those players are, as I have said, never available when I am  and behave as an exclusive clique then that will influence my experience. Why would this be something you can't understand? It is what it is, the game isn't a solo game.

If you have any valid criticism then offer it, if you just want to play the wounded fanboy card then I'm not interested.

Signoftheserpent

I never played a wounded fanboy card. Now you are claiming that buying ships is equivalent to how someone flies when they are your opponent, or you are claiming that purchases are a competitive aspect of the game. Both are nonsense and both are an abdication of personal responsibility.

I am challenging your victim mindset. You seem to be forgetting the first rule of holes, when you are in one, stop digging.

Signoftheserpent

I never played a wounded fanboy card. Now you are claiming that buying ships is equivalent to how someone flies when they are your opponent, or you are claiming that purchases are a competitive aspect of the game. Both are nonsense and both are an abdication of personal responsibility.

I am challenging your victim mindset. You seem to be forgetting the first rule of holes, when you are in one, stop digging.

I have no idea what you are talking about, I think you are arguing with yourself. You and the other fanboys just seek to troll I think because you cannot stand how anyone can even be perceived to be saying something negative about your beloved game. I see it all the time on FFG forums. It's ridiculous.

I haven't made any claim remotely of the kind you seem to think I have and it's clear that you haven't actually paid any attention to what I've actually said. I made it clear from the start that I don't care about the Falcon. I said it several times in fact. I made my position perfectly clear. I've no idea at all how you can so egregiously miss the point. What on earth does this have to do with 'personal responsibility'? Again if people aren't available and the local community isn't particularly inclusive it would be absurd to seek to continue playing a game that, again, is a good game (doesn't matter how good it is if there's no opportunity to play). That is on top of the continued cost of playing along with nonsense like the Imperial Raider package. That the company can't even meet the demand is why I posted. The only people to get Falcons in this current print run were those that preordered in November at the latest - including people that already have 2 of them. Can you not see how absurd a situationi that is, or would you rather engage in a pissing contest?

Sign,

You said that other people buying stuff dictated your game. Insulting me doesn't change that. Insulting people who like the game doesn't change that. Trying to change what I have said doesn't change that. If you can't take a little criticism without losing your cool I don't think your local community is the problem.

The only people to get Falcons in this current print run were those that preordered in November at the latest

I got both a Falcon and a Slave 1 form Gameslore having ordered the day before the restock, and both were available from retailers with an on-line presence on the day. Hell, Slave 1 is still available from several suppliers including Amazon directly.

Sign,

You said that other people buying stuff dictated your game. Insulting me doesn't change that. Insulting people who like the game doesn't change that. Trying to change what I have said doesn't change that. If you can't take a little criticism without losing your cool I don't think your local community is the problem.

that you think you've been insulted proves how little of what I've actually said you have read.

The only people to get Falcons in this current print run were those that preordered in November at the latest

I got both a Falcon and a Slave 1 form Gameslore having ordered the day before the restock, and both were available from retailers with an on-line presence on the day. Hell, Slave 1 is still available from several suppliers including Amazon directly.
again: I'm not interested in the falcon. I already own afirespray