Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

You Gotta Laugh!

Most likely, the bulk of Falcons were on a different boat. FFG has gotten very good at how much stock they make. See as how there were no immediate shortages of Wave 3, 4, or 5. Yes, there will be periods of ships being unavailable. People just have to accept that there will be the occasional shortage.

I dont know man .......Falcons have been out for quite some time now.

Most likely, the bulk of Falcons were on a different boat. FFG has gotten very good at how much stock they make. See as how there were no immediate shortages of Wave 3, 4, or 5. Yes, there will be periods of ships being unavailable. People just have to accept that there will be the occasional shortage.

I dont know man .......Falcons have been out for quite some time now.

Yes, and they have been out before. As well as Wave 1 stuff. When there was only 2 Waves. Try getting anything summer of 2013. You will pardon me if this is just business as usual. 

I'm not attempting to suggest any solutions. I've been clear about that. If you buy a lot of ships, you have fewer players in the community. Period.

Not "Period" unless absolutely nobody buys multiples.  If next week I have enough money for a third Firespray and I decide not to buy it, that doesn't mean somebody who doesn't have one will get it.  For all I know somebody who already has two, like me, will come and buy it.

I have to wonder why you'd ever need 4 Falcons. It does seem rather...self indulgent

Shield Upgrade, Engine Upgrade and Veteran Instincts.

You get Engine Upgrade with something else don't you?  I've got two YT-1300s and I think I've got around six Engine Upgrades, or at least four...

There are also collectors of this game. I mean, how many people actually have the three HWKs and Advances that I do? I don't need them for the game, but I do like having fighters in multiples of 3 and 4. (I am very worried about a need to pick up 2 more Imperial Aces...)

I have to wonder why you'd ever need 4 Falcons. It does seem rather...self indulgent

You get Engine Upgrade with something else don't you?  I've got two YT-1300s and I think I've got around six Engine Upgrades, or at least four...

Nope EU only comes w the MD...you can get shield upgrades from the imp aces and vi from the slave.

My opinion...the whining about people buying multiples needs to stop. They have the money they got there first they get the ship. No one has any obligation to worry that someone in the nebulous "community" might have wanted that too. They weren't there when the ship hit or they couldn't afford it when they found it. How many of these ships being sold actually went to people looking to own multiples? Do any of you actually know? Or are you just looking for a convenient scapegoat to take your frustration out on? If you are looking for a scapegoat that's fine...but don't act like the people buying multiples are committing some type of cardinal sin against "the community" for buying something they want. In the end it's better for the company anyway...that's one more ship they sold.

To pre empt anyone who may ask,me about profiteers? They are here...deal with it. If the price they want is more than you are willing to pay then I guess,more patience is required on your part. We all know the new load is coming...when it lands is anymore guess. If you just have to have it NOW be prepared to pay up...if you aren't prepared to pay then you are stuck waiting. No amount of complaining is going to change that.

I don't understand why after all this ffg doesn't quadruple or more the order size. Are they worried they will not be able to sell them all? I've been playing since wave 3 and despite daily (and I mean daily) checking I still do not own a y wing, x wing, tie fighter, a wing, b wing, bomber, slave 1, etc etc. People want them ffg please stop this nonsense and order more than ten next time you talk to your boys in China :(

To pre empt anyone who may ask,me about profiteers? They are here...deal with it. If the price they want is more than you are willing to pay then I guess,more patience is required on your part. We all know the new load is coming...when it lands is anymore guess. If you just have to have it NOW be prepared to pay up...if you aren't prepared to pay then you are stuck waiting. No amount of complaining is going to change that.

Well, I can't agree with you there.  In my opinion they're parasitic not very nice people, deliberately spoiling other people's fun to make a profit for themselves.

Oh, I must only have two engine upgrades then.  That's plenty I suppose, obviously I've never wanted to use more than two or I'd have noticed that's all I have.  Maybe it would be nice on a mini TIE Advanced Swarm, although I think it's mostly only great on Vader?

Well, I can't agree with you there.  In my opinion they're parasitic not very nice people, deliberately spoiling other people's fun to make a profit for themselves.

Oh, I must only have two engine upgrades then.  That's plenty I suppose, obviously I've never wanted to use more than two or I'd have noticed that's all I have.  Maybe it would be nice on a mini TIE Advanced Swarm, although I think it's mostly only great on Vader?

I neither agree not disagree with what they do as I do not know their individual reasons for doing it. I guess I am mostly neutral to the idea...it all comes down to the quantity the individual is trying to off load and why. I see no issue if they are trying to supplement a lower paying job or get their kids birthday present. I am in a crappy money situation...if I found a falcon I would seriously consider buying it to resell if the starting price was right. I got a 2 year old to keep fed and happy. The main reason I wouldn't do it now is knowing a new shipment is on it's way and the high initial price. I don't see any moral argument to be made. There is nothing morally wrong with finding something in demand and seeing if you can't make a little something off that demand.

I don't think I could stand behind someone who makes a business out of creating scarcity. I wouldnt support someone buying the store out resell. But someone selling a falcon he found cheap to someone so desperate to have it NOW, well that's just a good business opportunity.

I know my opinion isn't going to be popular here...but that isn't going to keep me from speaking my mind.

You get Engine Upgrade with something else don't you?

It comes 2 per Falcon, so you would have 4. Other cards do come with other sets, but if you're a Rebel Only type, why would you buy Imperial Aces or a Firespray?

My point however is that there's reasons to buy 4 of a given ship, even if you can't use 4 of them in a 100 point game.

Also lets not forget that Epic is a thing, and someone could field as many as 6 YT's in a epic game.

Edited by VanorDM

I neither agree not disagree with what they do as I do not know their individual reasons for doing it. I guess I am mostly neutral to the idea...it all comes down to the quantity the individual is trying to off load and why. I see no issue if they are trying to supplement a lower paying job or get their kids birthday present.

Yeah, s'pose, if you're gonna be all reasonable about it :P

You get Engine Upgrade with something else don't you?

It comes 2 per Falcon, so you would have 4. Other cards do come with other sets, but if you're a Rebel Only type, why would you buy Imperial Aces or a Firespray?

My point however is that there's reasons to buy 4 of a given ship, even if you can't use 4 of them in a 100 point game.

Also lets not forget that Epic is a thing, and someone could field as many as 6 YT's in a epic game.

Ah, that explains it.

If you're only buying Rebel ships then you're doing it wrong cos FIRESPRAYS!!!  Also also now TIE Advanceds and Raiders, but mostly FIRESPRAYS!!!

FIRESPRAYS!!!

I don't understand why after all this ffg doesn't quadruple or more the order size. Are they worried they will not be able to sell them all? I've been playing since wave 3 and despite daily (and I mean daily) checking I still do not own a y wing, x wing, tie fighter, a wing, b wing, bomber, slave 1, etc etc. People want them ffg please stop this nonsense and order more than ten next time you talk to your boys in China :(

Because they are not a massive company and if they order stuff that never gets sold it could massively impact on their business as a whole, warehouse space is not free, neither are utilities or security.

Order too little they annoy customers, order too much they could have an unexpected bad turn and bankrupt themselves.

it takes 6-8 months to get stuff made and delivered they want to sell us stuff but they have no way in advance to know what the meta will shift to and which ships will suddenly go high demand. 

Because they are not a massive company and if they order stuff that never gets sold it could massively impact on their business as a whole, warehouse space is not free, neither are utilities or security.

Order too little they annoy customers, order too much they could have an unexpected bad turn and bankrupt themselves.

it takes 6-8 months to get stuff made and delivered they want to sell us stuff but they have no way in advance to know what the meta will shift to and which ships will suddenly go high demand. 

Not to mention that the factories themselves have a limited capacity. I'm sure they use the same factories for all of the X-Wing ships so they need to divide that capacity between all the ships they need to make. 

I would also assume that expanding their manufacturing capacity is a long and expensive process.

4 Falcons gives you 8 Engine Upgrades. Do you need 8?

I dunno.

Depends on the size game he wants and if he is supplying all the ships, cards, and extras.

He may very well need 8.

And even if he doesn't...why should it matter? FFG still gets their sale and he still gets the ship he paid for.

4 Falcons gives you 8 Engine Upgrades. Do you need 8?

Perhaps... 4 per side is hardly unreasonable. Not to mention epic. Also there's other upgrades in the Falcon that you may want 4 of.

Point is, that you seemed to have missed, is that there's more in that box then just the model itself, there's upgrades that you may want for other stuff. For example the Advanced Sensors that come with the Shuttle, at 1 per shuttle. Or the Heavy Laser Cannon that comes with the Firespray pack.

There is nothing even remotely self indulgent in wanting to have enough of a given upgrade to field a tournament legal list.

You asked why anyone would want 4 Falcons, I answered the question.

I empathize for you on the shortage. Have patience, more will be available. Dont let this temporary situation sour you on this great game.

This.^

I probably have more ships than I "need" (as I suspect many of you do), but it's simply because the game is cool, and I want to support both FFG and the FLGS. In addition, I like painting and modding, so I might feel the need for additional ships, and I may or may not have accidentally butchered my first Firespray trying to over-mod it.

I feel lucky in that I started collecting not long after release, and bought a collection of early wave someone was unloading, the ground floor so to speak. But the ground floor keeps rising, S&V will be the new ground floor, and many new players will be able to decide they need two IGs, or three of everything, or whatever. As long as the game stays strong, older waves will still be released in response to demand, it just may take a while.

I in no way mean this to sound dismissive of your frustration, I understand it and have experienced it in other games/media where I was a late bloomer and missed the horn of plenty-era.

Hang in there, pilot! :)

By the way, do people feel that tournaments should be as cheap as possible to attract more players, or should have a price so that there's a prize pot - irrespective of whether there's official prize support? What's the most you'd pay to play if anything?

I've been wanting more copies of proxy mines without having to buy more than 2 Firesprays. The IG-2000 looks to come with a proxy mine. So there's precedent to get the older upgrades with yet to be released ships.

Tournament entry over here is £5 for all X-Wing events which I believe is reasonable for the prize pack we get. Especially considering our store streams the events. Although we recently had a £10 entry event where we had so many people entered, the store owner gave out more prizes than we thought.

It was the 'Most Wanted' Tournament, winner gets a free most wanted pack (when they arrive).

However, he also did random draws for all the other Wave 6 ships, of which I won the M3A Interceptor!....I did come in last though. :P