Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

You Gotta Laugh!

I don't think others on this forum are particularly mad for missing out. but the chance that those players that have bought 3 or more falcons just to scalp them on Ebay is more than likely, which to me is more than frustrating.

I bought my falcon when they were in stock but there has been a slow down in players joining the game in my area simply because they cant get enough stock, of most things, not just slaves and falcons

Welcome to the free market. Barnes and Noble has them for less than $30, and you can just order them online with FREE SHIPPING! It's not a sin to buy things at big retailers if you're local game store cannot provide the service you need. 

Welcome to the free market. Barnes and Noble has them for less than $30, and you can just order them online with FREE SHIPPING! It's not a sin to buy things at big retailers if you're local game store cannot provide the service you need.

Yep I do this... I like to keep a variety of people I can buy from be it FRP Games, Minature Market, Amazon, B&N ,My local Gamestore. Sometimes one will have a better deal on prices than the other.......man this sounds like im talking about drugs..... :/

yeah what One Way said.. I too am one of those guys...  I collect EVERYTHING got 3 falcons 3 firesprays, 4 shuttles etc. Pretty much based my collection on what ever would build a 100 point squad and then round up to the next even number if its an odd number 100 point build. I buy items when they are available. I got all the scum on pre-order and will be pre ordering a raider soon. Falcons were available at my local Barnes & Nobel ON the shelf until just recently. I even have 6 Tie advanced!! you can bet they will get scarce fast once the Raider drops... Now when I fist got into the game Y wings were next to impossible to get and I actually saw some on ebay for 200 plus!! crazy.. just keep checking ebay and other places on the net.. and of course your LGS and book stores. and even NOT so local places if you happen to be in an area. thats what I did and eventually got everything. However that said I now pre order everything that way I dont have to hunt for the stuff later. also face book has a site dedicated to selling and trading stuff.

I agree, I like to be able to have enough of every ship to fly a 100 point list.

Now if people are buying these restock falcons just to shill them on Ebay...that makes them terrible people who deserve to be blacklisted. However if someone like me or someone else wants another falcon, that is our choice and our prerogative, we have no say in that. If you spoke to one of the people who had it on pre-order, you may be able to appeal to them to forego the falcon so you can get it. I certainly would if I was picking one up, but blaming them for that is just ridiculous.

Yes there is a stock issue with this game which I think speaks more about the popularity of the game than anything else. It's just something we all have to work with. Scum will most likely get a decent amount of stock since its not hard to see how popular that will be....but it will eventually sell out because that's what happens. Don't go complaining about people who want 3, 4, 5 or even 6 falcons/firesprays.

...I do believe engine upgrades can be found in imperial aces though.

Sadly enough I just searched through my x wing companion app and no ,no engine upgrades come in any of the expansions but the Falcon...well that actually does suck because I only have one Falcon myself as with one Firespray and that is a ship I need at least one more of for Scum and Villany.

Poop, guess I was thinking of Shield upgrade. Maybe we will get a reprint in one of the scum ships. I could see it in the Star Viper pack, which would help me feel better about the slightly higher cost.

I never really wanted a second of many ships in the large category, you just get diminishing returns on so much of them. Small ships I usually get pairs of. Exceptions being a quad of Z-95s, the double effect from the aces packs got me to quads of A's and B's and six of Interceptors, five X's from double core/blister+1 for transport. And I really wanted a full eight TIE Fighters so that happened. I kinda wanted a second Slave I for awhile just to get a full set of stealth device but held out waiting for a repeat in some other pack, oh look, scum has one I'll get at east two of! Hoo-ray! I mean sure there's a triple YT-XX00 list or two I want to try some time, but not so much as to pay for a lot of stuff I wouldn't use and take away from the stores stock to boot. Real talk is as it stands a lot of my ships don't see enough play to justify their purchase. It would take way too much effort to actually get value out of three falcons in my collection.

I mean if it was just cards I'll be honest if you print out your list and at least have the models, let's go. I don't need a basic R2 card for all four of your fluffy Red Squad list, Just to know you supported the game for the most part, and have one for reference, is enough for casual. In tourneys I'll let the judge know you'r using a few of mine to fill in the gap and I would be astounded if they weren't cool with that. :)

i know a guy that will purposefully buy something that is popular in the community just to keep other people from having it.  Literally, if he played X-Wing, and he wanted to prevent people from getting falcons, he literally would buy everyone anyone gets.  Its the benefits of making middle to high six figures a year i guess.

I personally dont like the dude, he is a petty jerk that acts like the worlds richest baby.  the kind of guy that walks up to me when im parking my truck and says "2008 huh, well i understand if thats what fits your budget and its all you can do, but you have had that truck for like 3 years now, you should buy a new one, i like the 2015 hemis my self". This is not an over exaggeration. That is a thing. it happened.

Still, if the store owners will sell them to him (they normally don't, they typically have a big "one per customer per week" sign on really hot items, its not really my place to get angry at him, or the game stores, he is doing what his financial status allows him to do.  I can get frustrated FFG for not working through these inventory outages and being a little more forthright acknowledging the problems and finding answers to it.

Both of my FLGS have nothing nice to say about FFG other than "they make good games, when you can get them".  FFG needs to address their inventory publicly so players dont loose faith and leave the game.  The only thing worse than not being able to play what you want (as in they didn't put it in the game) is not being able to play what you want because you physically cant get ahold of it.

I mean if it was just cards I'll be honest if you print out your list and at least have the models, let's go. I don't need a basic R2 card for all four of your fluffy Red Squad list, Just to know you supported the game for the most part, and have one for reference, is enough for casual. In tourneys I'll let the judge know you'r using a few of mine to fill in the gap and I would be astounded if they weren't cool with that. :)

A judge has no business knowing, and even if he did it makes nothing to him. He has no say in that whatsoever.  So long as its a legal card in his (the players) possession, for the duration of the event, its all good.

i know a guy that will purposefully buy something that is popular in the community just to keep other people from having it.  Literally, if he played X-Wing, and he wanted to prevent people from getting falcons, he literally would buy everyone anyone gets.  Its the benefits of making middle to high six figures a year i guess.

I personally dont like the dude, he is a petty jerk that acts like the worlds richest baby.  the kind of guy that walks up to me when im parking my truck and says "2008 huh, well i understand if thats what fits your budget and its all you can do, but you have had that truck for like 3 years now, you should buy a new one, i like the 2015 hemis my self". This is not an over exaggeration. That is a thing. it happened.

Still, if the store owners will sell them to him (they normally don't, they typically have a big "one per customer per week" sign on really hot items, its not really my place to get angry at him, or the game stores, he is doing what his financial status allows him to do.  I can get frustrated FFG for not working through these inventory outages and being a little more forthright acknowledging the problems and finding answers to it.

Both of my FLGS have nothing nice to say about FFG other than "they make good games, when you can get them".  FFG needs to address their inventory publicly so players dont loose faith and leave the game.  The only thing worse than not being able to play what you want (as in they didn't put it in the game) is not being able to play what you want because you physically cant get ahold of it.

That guy you know ....really needs a good throat punch.

And yes my FLGS says the same thing. Biggest complaint FFG is never on time....so here it is 2015 and im still hearing the same woe's that has become what is known in the gaming comunity as FFG

It is disappointing, I agree. I've been hearing from many new players that they can't find ships to buy. If people are going to buy 3 of everything, they will have to accept that there are fewer players in the community. Unfortunately, I get the sense they don't care.

Your solution is for people to buy less ships........not make more ships? Fantasy Flight has had a hard time keeping up with the demand. I understand we all want the game to grow and want to invite newer players into the game. Often this happens because people own multiple copies of ships so they can field both sides and introduce people to the game.

I do find it slightly annoying that there are people out there with two dozen of the same ship and then others who can't own even one of that ship because they're all sold out. It's never really affected me personally, hence only slightly annoying. I know that there is nothing wrong with what the two dozen folk are doing... they want a product and they're buying it... it's up to FFG to produce enough supply to meet that demand, but when there are so many shortages, I do feel it's a bit selfish towards the community as a whole.

The issue is more about supply than whether people have the right to buy things. It is simply a reality that if you buy 3 Falcons, 2 other players can't. They don't have Fat Han or Engine Upgrade.

I'm not adding judgement to that. That's just reality.

I agree it's a supply issue - if they sell more than are produced, and in a short time frame, then the reality is that the shop will need to order more, the suppliers will need to order more and in turn FFG will need to order more.  It seems to me that there's nothing wrong with people buying multiples; it's not in their power to know the stock levels or the demand levels of a given ship.  I did get the impression that people were suggesting that it was the people buying multiple's fault, so I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what people were saying.

TBH I'm more interested in getting out of the game at this point. The falcon thing isn't an issue in the sense I want stock that's not available, it's that it highlights the way the game is going. The gameplay is, more or less fine (apart from Engine Upgrade being in every list I've ever played against ever), but I can't keep up with it. Plus the cliquely local community who, despite being very enthusiastic about the game (which is great) never actually being available to play when I can play. So for me it's not really working out and I don't think I can justify preordering £100 worth of stuff every couple of months just to keep up. I know S/V isn't compulsory, etc, but then why bother playing at all?

Nothing wrong with owning multiples but when your buying twelve of a ship you'll never be able to fly together in one game that's being a bit dickish.

And scalpers who buy in bulk so they can sell at inflated prices on eBay and Amazon need to be strung up.

I have to wonder why you'd ever need 4 Falcons. It does seem rather...self indulgent

The issue is more about supply than whether people have the right to buy things. It is simply a reality that if you buy 3 Falcons, 2 other players can't. They don't have Fat Han or Engine Upgrade.

I'm not adding judgement to that. That's just reality.

I agree it's a supply issue - if they sell more than are produced, and in a short time frame, then the reality is that the shop will need to order more, the suppliers will need to order more and in turn FFG will need to order more.  It seems to me that there's nothing wrong with people buying multiples; it's not in their power to know the stock levels or the demand levels of a given ship.  I did get the impression that people were suggesting that it was the people buying multiple's fault, so I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what people were saying.

I'm not criticising the shop, they are great. They can only stock what they are allocated. Believe me, they want more because they can sell more! The demand is there and they are up for supplying it. They just can't.

The issue is more about supply than whether people have the right to buy things. It is simply a reality that if you buy 3 Falcons, 2 other players can't. They don't have Fat Han or Engine Upgrade.I'm not adding judgement to that. That's just reality.

I'm not criticising the shop, they are great. They can only stock what they are allocated. Believe me, they want more because they can sell more! The demand is there and they are up for supplying it. They just can't.

Indeed, I would assume it comes down to FFG nor ordering enough from the factory.", as you'd expect the suppliers to be ordering as much as they can get.

Exactly, it's not really a problem with players buying 25 Falcons and 70 Slave one ships. Its the problem that there are literally thousands of players that would do that IF FFG supplied the product.

I would wager that if FFG doubled the number of falcons and firesprays out there, literally doubled the total number produced they would still sell out of them.  Of course i have nothing to back this up, its my gut feeling, but as a dude with 5 guts, i've learned to trust them all from time to time.

If i worked at FFG, and i was a marketing/sales/financial director of some level or another, i would be SCREAMING at the top of my lungs to quadruple production and not stop pumping product into the US and Europe. Every one of those falcons and firesprays, let alone tons of other hot selling items, they are like printing money right now, and FFG is really kind of silly for not doing everyting they can to exploit it, including looking for secondary manufacturers/suppliers.

It is disappointing, I agree. I've been hearing from many new players that they can't find ships to buy. If people are going to buy 3 of everything, they will have to accept that there are fewer players in the community. Unfortunately, I get the sense they don't care.

Your solution is for people to buy less ships........not make more ships? Fantasy Flight has had a hard time keeping up with the demand. I understand we all want the game to grow and want to invite newer players into the game. Often this happens because people own multiple copies of ships so they can field both sides and introduce people to the game.
I'm just a girl in Canada. We have the free market here but we don't worship it.

I'm not attempting to suggest any solutions. I've been clear about that. If you buy a lot of ships, you have fewer players in the community. Period.

I'm sure it will all get figured out soon. FFG was probably surprised by the boom of attention. I heard wave 2 was a very different community size than it is now, at wave 6. That is difficult to predict.

I believe FFG has it well in hand. In our local area, proxy has become an increasingly popular thing. People who don't have engine upgrade can proxy it, people who want to test scum or tie advanced cards may. It works out.

I don't have to approve of your frivolous spending habits. Your wife does. ^___^

Edited by bubblepopmei

Dont know what happened there but at the immediate time of restock most UK game stores (wayland, firestorm) had like 50-60 firesprays and like 5 falcons. Was wondering whether ffg intentionally made so few falcons or all of them were distributed to preorderers.

Well at least i finally bought my slave I. And theres still plenty in stock on those stores if you want hehe

Most likely, the bulk of Falcons were on a different boat. FFG has gotten very good at how much stock they make. See as how there were no immediate shortages of Wave 3, 4, or 5. Yes, there will be periods of ships being unavailable. People just have to accept that there will be the occasional shortage. 

Most likely, the bulk of Falcons were on a different boat. FFG has gotten very good at how much stock they make. See as how there were no immediate shortages of Wave 3, 4, or 5. Yes, there will be periods of ships being unavailable. People just have to accept that there will be the occasional shortage. 

Different boat? They aren't life size!