Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

You Gotta Laugh!

Honestly, Im not bothered anymore. I can't really justify further expense in this game either because if I do it will be insane expense. It's either all in or all out it seems to me, certainly locally. I appreciate the offer, but it's not for me.

It's funny, in a sad way, ther was a a guy in the local community who had a Falcon for sale a month ago and someone mentioned I was interested. He didn't know what he watned for it (ie, he would just come out and say) so I offered him £25 which is the most I'd be prepared to pay even if I was interested, I'm not into collectables. He was righteously offended but only then did he say he watned £35. I told him to fly casual. Honestly, people can buy what they want and sell their stuff for whatever they want, that's entirely fine. But don't pretend you're a 'fly casual' community when you're out to stiff one of your own for as much as you can get. That's not for me. YMMV :D

I believe OP is venting his/her frustration is all. I'm OK with venting, especially if you make it

entertaining for others.

Yeah, it's some of th follow up posts that seem a bit critical/judgemental.

If you want to buy 3 Falcons that's your call. It's your money after all. But as has been said, it's not 100% compatible with a community when people have to queue up with the local clique who are desperate to have their third Falcon. Ok, it's your choice, but...three? really?

Oh well!

I'm not venting either. I just find the whole situation rather insane, but tbh it's not helping my interest in the game.

Shame there's not a For Sale forum ;)

I just don't see how the people who do want three are responsible for somebody else not getting one. If they don't buy it that's no Guarantee that somebody who doesn't have one will - logically the next most likely person to buy one will be another of the type of person who buys many, and as soon as th come out. Again, I ask you - if you want three should you just never buy more than one, even if there are lots in the shop (as ther always have been when I've bought any ships)?

I think your friend was being a bit of a **** though, I buy as many as I want for myself, I don't buy extra and sell them at a profit, and if I were selling something second hand I'd sell it for less than I bought it not more just because I know it's in demand. Very capitalist :(

Edited by mazz0

I hope this doesn't turn into a negative thread as it's got funny in the title of it.  :)

As for it hurting your interest in the game, that stinks.  I hope that they clear things up soon.  I think the realize that they needed to reprint stuff.  I heard that X-wing alone brings in 20% of FFG's profits.  There have been a number of plagues on shipping, including strikes with dock loaders.   So, I'd like to believe that that was just the first wave of replacements. 

You said you were in the UK?  I know in the US there is Barnes & Nobles as a hidden gem that stocks the game, but no one thinks to look there.  Is there anything like that in the UK?  I also read that FFG is merging or working with one of those euro companies that is supposedly helping with shipping trouble. 

Lastly, I don't have a problem with venting.  It's a family pastime where I come from.  The trick is to make it entertaining enough that people will laugh with you. 

Ffg isn't a massive company they simply can't afford to have stock sitting around in warehouses so they place orders designed to meet demand, there is no way they could of foreseen how popular the game would become in just three years.

They also can't predict what will become popular from wave to wave, pre wave four you could get falcons, before gencon announced scum you could get firesprays and y wings.

What's more they can't just order a batch and have it turn up next week, you have to order six months in advanced, then you have to reject bad batches, then you have to get it shipped which takes months.

It's not like they don't want your money, but they can't wave a magic wand.

They clearly aren't reprinting enough, which isn't surprising as Armada is probably the priority right now.

BTW the guy wasn't a friend per se (not an enemy either), jsut a person in the local community. I've found them a bit cliquey, but don't take that as an insult. I'm not here to slag people off.

Urgh before wave four there was stock of the falcon freely available that was June, up until August is still wasn't that hard to find them then everyone went mad and we got the current shortage, given that time frame ffg had already ordered the reprint we are expecting to arrive soon.

If they had continued to sell at regular levels there would of been no problem but suddenly everyone had to have one or two falcons and panic buying started, same with the slave 1 and y-wing.

It's really not worth all this pouting, New stocks coming just exercise some patience and deal with it, or do what I did and order from Barnes and Nobel who have stock, with international shipping it works out at £25.

I've got one, but I've never used it. I use the Engine Upgrade in almost every list, though.

That's what I hear most. Shuttles are available everywhere. So a new player buys what's available. They buy a shuttle.

Then they check out the forums and a thousand posts insist that you MUST put an Engine Upgrade on all shuttles or you lose and I dunno maybe a kitten dies.

They can't get engine upgrades because they can't get falcons. Now the player invested in one of the only ships they can find and are told they can't use it properly. It is taxing to endlessly explain that engine upgrade is by no means necessary on a shuttle (it any ship).

i really dont believe this. i started the game maybe 3 weeks ago and did little researching of what squads i wanted to run and where to get them, I easily found just about everything even two falcons from the B&n restock . the only thing i didnt find was a second slave1 at MSRP.

Edited by irecruiter

I don't know what your area looks like, but in my neck of the woods any of the people with three or more of each ship will gladly lend anything you need to the new players here. Does it suck that you can't get one? Sure, but its not the fault of the hardcore guys.

I've got one, but I've never used it. I use the Engine Upgrade in almost every list, though.

That's what I hear most. Shuttles are available everywhere. So a new player buys what's available. They buy a shuttle.

Then they check out the forums and a thousand posts insist that you MUST put an Engine Upgrade on all shuttles or you lose and I dunno maybe a kitten dies.

They can't get engine upgrades because they can't get falcons. Now the player invested in one of the only ships they can find and are told they can't use it properly. It is taxing to endlessly explain that engine upgrade is by no means necessary on a shuttle (it any ship).

Please save the kittens ;)

Urgh before wave four there was stock of the falcon freely available that was June, up until August is still wasn't that hard to find them then everyone went mad and we got the current shortage, given that time frame ffg had already ordered the reprint we are expecting to arrive soon.

If they had continued to sell at regular levels there would of been no problem but suddenly everyone had to have one or two falcons and panic buying started, same with the slave 1 and y-wing.

It's really not worth all this pouting, New stocks coming just exercise some patience and deal with it, or do what I did and order from Barnes and Nobel who have stock, with international shipping it works out at £25.

New stock came and went; that's what I'm talking about! Five ships were all the shop was allocated! Pricless!

It does suck. Especially when im sure at some point people just buy up all the models just for the cards....It would really be great if FFG could come out with a supliment pack of cards from wave 1-4 just so newcomers to the game would be caught up on the upgrades that they are missing instead of having to wait forever for older wave ships

It does suck. Especially when im sure at some point people just buy up all the models just for the cards....It would really be great if FFG could come out with a supliment pack of cards from wave 1-4 just so newcomers to the game would be caught up on the upgrades that they are missing instead of having to wait forever for older wave ships

I like it! My only request would be that it not include new cards that are unavailable in with any ship. This may also inspire people to by additional models so that they can fully utililize their cards.

Edited by benbaxter

Be patient. i really wanted a falcon and slave one and refused to pay more than retail for either.  Just so happens, i caught a "bargain" on amazon with one of the companies that sell on there that i got the Slave one for like 30% off, and that MADE it retail priced (it was actually like 32.99, but it had free shipping so i was cool with it.) and i got a Falcon from barnes and nobles for 26.00 give or take.

They are out there, just be patient.  I don't think the Barnes and Nobles thing was a restock completely, i think it was a re-allocation of inventory from lesser producing stores to their warehouse in jersey (i think). This kind of thing happens, especially when you have mis managed stores that don't get their inventory out on the shelf properly and timely.  Some corporate guy comes in during inventory, realizes they have tones of stuff that is selling on the web but not locally, and they send it back to the warehouse for re-disribution.

Im sure with the barnes restock/redist, as well as more stuff on its way, it will be there. just be patient and proxy until then.  I didnt like doing it, but the players in my area were pretty cool about it and completely understood.

It's really not worth all this pouting, New stocks coming just execercise some patience and deal with it. ..

That isn't necessary. It is perfectly human and reasonable to vent fustration with our community. It is a healthy way to shed stress which we could all use less of.

I'm one of the folks with multiple of almost everything. I can see my pile being a source of fustration to those who want and can't find.

I'd offer the op a falcon but that is one of the ships I don't have more than one of. I do believe engine upgrades can be found in imperial aces though.

along with the imminent cost of Scum which will be astronomical

$186 US is astronomical? At Miniature Market I can get 1HWK-290, 2 MW, 2 IG2000, 4 M3-A and 3 Starvipers for that much money. Not sure anyone would really want more than that, Maybe another Firespray... Which would put it up around $200.

Sure $200 is a lot of money, but when you consider the price of other miniature games it's not really that bad. At Games Workshop they have a pack for Space Marines, that includes 5 terminators, a dreadnaught and a Stormraven for $235. That isn't even a legal list, it's just the starter core for one.

As opposed to the $200 that gets you everything for an entire faction that would let you make what 25+ lists...

If you aren't used to the cost of other games, it can be a bit shocking.  It's also bad when lots of things hit at one time.  I've played WHFB and know better, but that doesn't mean I like paying large amounts of money for games.  :)

I did use Xmas gift cards and Xmas cash to just get over $100 for free shipping for my order.  I did get:

-VT-90

-Outrider

-Most Wanted

-2 Scyks

-Star Viper

That should let me build a great S&V list, but I also have $10-15 store credit at a local shop.  I'll siphon off $10 from the family fund and get IG-88 or some more Scyks.  I'd love to try a 5 Scyk list.

I like it! My only request would be that it not include new cards that are unavailable in with any ship. This may also inspire people to by additional models so that they can fully utililize their cards.

Or, FFG could include Engine Upgrade in another expansion. I know Han was legendary for supeing up the Falcon, but share the love.

I believe OP is venting his/her frustration is all.  I'm OK with venting, especially if you make it entertaining for others.

Yeah, it's some of th follow up posts that seem a bit critical/judgemental.

I think you are projecting your guilt. I do not have to agree with your decisions, not do I have any will to influence them.

The issue is more about supply than whether people have the right to buy things. It is simply a reality that if you buy 3 Falcons, 2 other players can't. They don't have Fat Han or Engine Upgrade.

I'm not adding judgement to that. That's just reality.

It is also not judgement, simply reality to point out that shuttles without engine upgrades are an unpopular choice on these forum discussions and yet ironically the shuttle is one of the few available ships.

I'm in Toronto. We have so much community that there are drop in nights within driving distance, all on a Tuesday.

Smaller communities would feel this reality a little more harshly.

Go ahead.. blame me.. I like to paint stuff.. I have 4 Falcons, and wanted to have one dedicated one and 3 ORS pilot possibilities... 4 firesprays .. because I like to paint, and a Mando repaint and Kath Scarlet are just too tempting to me.. and 5 shuttles... sigh.. I'm sad and pathetic.. 2 each of the 2400 and VT 49... I just cant help myself... I'm sick.. sick, sick, sick... sigh...

But I did lend a friend 2 engine upgrades so he could kick my butt with engine boosting ships.. lol... oh, and if I'm teaching someone to play the game, they have all the ships they need to play, and no cost invested if it isn't their cup of tea.. and if you forgot something.. be it ship card or what have you, I'm more than willing to let you borrow.. or for that matter.. if I have a plethora of them.. I'll give it to you.. I've sent ship base tokens and cards to a couple of people on the boards here... no charge to them... I had extras and decided to help out a brother gamer... just gave away a RGP tile because a friend had misplaced one of his, bit didn't have enough to keep playing his list of ships without it..

Before we condemn people with multiple ships, lets remember we aren't all jerks hoarding the good stuff from new players or veterans who just haven't been able to get what they want..

It's really not worth all this pouting, New stocks coming just execercise some patience and deal with it. ..

That isn't necessary. It is perfectly human and reasonable to vent fustration with our community. It is a healthy way to shed stress which we could all use less of.

I'm one of the folks with multiple of almost everything. I can see my pile being a source of fustration to those who want and can't find.

I'd offer the op a falcon but that is one of the ships I don't have more than one of. I do believe engine upgrades can be found in imperial aces though.

Sadly enough I just searched through my x wing companion app and no ,no engine upgrades come in any of the expansions but the Falcon...well that actually does suck because I only have one Falcon myself as with one Firespray and that is a ship I need at least one more of for Scum and Villany.

Go ahead.. blame me.. I like to paint stuff.. I have 4 Falcons, and wanted to have one dedicated one and 3 ORS pilot possibilities... 4 firesprays .. because I like to paint, and a Mando repaint and Kath Scarlet are just too tempting to me.. and 5 shuttles... sigh.. I'm sad and pathetic.. 2 each of the 2400 and VT 49... I just cant help myself... I'm sick.. sick, sick, sick... sigh...

But I did lend a friend 2 engine upgrades so he could kick my butt with engine boosting ships.. lol... oh, and if I'm teaching someone to play the game, they have all the ships they need to play, and no cost invested if it isn't their cup of tea.. and if you forgot something.. be it ship card or what have you, I'm more than willing to let you borrow.. or for that matter.. if I have a plethora of them.. I'll give it to you.. I've sent ship base tokens and cards to a couple of people on the boards here... no charge to them... I had extras and decided to help out a brother gamer... just gave away a RGP tile because a friend had misplaced one of his, bit didn't have enough to keep playing his list of ships without it..

Before we condemn people with multiple ships, lets remember we aren't all jerks hoarding the good stuff from new players or veterans who just haven't been able to get what they want..

Now now, I haven't used the word blame, nor have I offered any insults :)