Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

You Gotta Laugh!

Bugger

It can be reet frustrating when you can't get hold of something fo'sho'...

Dunno if this'll help but one of the UK based online retailers I've used tweeted that they were expecting an x-wing re-stock this week including both YT's (although having looked yesterday it still wasn't showing on their website) so they may be worth a look over the next few days... Here's the link (as I said I've used them plenty and had nothing but great service from them so I'm happy to recommend them. If you want to ask them directly what they've got coming the main guy's called Ben Coulthard and he's been excellent about communicating everything he knows to you so you feel part of the loop)

http://www.gamessesh.com

Happy Falcon hunting

Well it would be typical if after ordering international from barnes and noble they finally got a restock.

Tru'dat. It's always the way... Just look at that VT-49/YT2400 deal just posted... Doh! Now I don't need one of each a great deal surfaces...:-/

I don't really care anymore. I did want a Falcon, but all this sort of nonsense puts me off the game frankly. People desperate to own 3 Falcons? Not for me.

Hey dude they've got their Falcons in stock-just checked (although they are down to two left so you'll have to hurry)

I've got one, but I've never used it. I use the Engine Upgrade in almost every list, though.

That's what I hear most. Shuttles are available everywhere. So a new player buys what's available. They buy a shuttle.

Then they check out the forums and a thousand posts insist that you MUST put an Engine Upgrade on all shuttles or you lose and I dunno maybe a kitten dies.

They can't get engine upgrades because they can't get falcons. Now the player invested in one of the only ships they can find and are told they can't use it properly. It is taxing to endlessly explain that engine upgrade is by no means necessary on a shuttle (it any ship).

Edited by bubblepopmei

I've got one, but I've never used it. I use the Engine Upgrade in almost every list, though.

That's what I hear most. Shuttles are available everywhere. So a new player buys what's available. They buy a shuttle.

Then they check out the forums and a thousand posts insist that you MUST put an Engine Upgrade on all shuttles or you lose and I dunno maybe a kitten dies.

They can't get engine upgrades because they can't get falcons. Now the player invested in one of the only ships they can find and are told they can't use it properly. It is taxing to endlessly explain that engine upgrade is by no means necessary on a shuttle (it any ship).

As far as I'm concerned, even in tournaments I'm more than happy to let someone proxy whatever cards they want-I totally see where someone is coming from when they're loath to buy a ship just for the cards...

Hey, I tried a game once with no Engine Upgrade and two cats died right outside the game store!  ....the horror....the horror...

"Je suis Engine Upgrade"

I think it's a bit unfair blaming people for buying multiples of the ships they want.  How are we to know if everyone who might buy one from the shop we're in, and who currently has fewer than us, has bought one?  Are you suggesting we should all restrict ourselves to one of each ship?  I'd like a third Firespray - is there a list I can go on to be notified when everyone who wants one has one?

It is disappointing, I agree. I've been hearing from many new players that they can't find ships to buy. If people are going to buy 3 of everything, they will have to accept that there are fewer players in the community. Unfortunately, I get the sense they don't care.

Totally agree.

And I'm more interested in the cards than the actual ship.

Ridiculous really. Between this and the TIE advanced nonsense i find myself non plussed at the game - along with the imminent cost of Scum which will be astronomical - and will also be out of stock given, again, the preordering insanity. When they announced the Falcon restock on FB last week the queue of people was already around the block, so to speak, before I even saw the announcement!

Life's too short :D

I don't really care anymore. I did want a Falcon, but all this sort of nonsense puts me off the game frankly. People desperate to own 3 Falcons? Not for me.

Hey dude they've got their Falcons in stock-just checked (although they are down to two left so you'll have to hurry)

Thanks but like I said, i'm not really that fussed anymore. I also checked the site out of curiosity and it's listed as OOS anyway, not surprisingly.

Edited by signoftheserpent

As far as I'm concerned, even in tournaments I'm more than happy to let someone proxy whatever cards they want-I totally see where someone is coming from when they're loath to buy a ship just for the cards...

Same. I've let people borrow some of my cards in tourneys, because I didn't want him to have to buy another B-wing just for a blue squadron pilot.

Fly casual, chums

It is disappointing, I agree. I've been hearing from many new players that they can't find ships to buy. If people are going to buy 3 of everything, they will have to accept that there are fewer players in the community. Unfortunately, I get the sense they don't care.

Totally agree.

And I'm more interested in the cards than the actual ship.

Ridiculous really. Between this and the TIE advanced nonsense i find myself non plussed at the game - along with the imminent cost of Scum which will be astronomical - and will also be out of stock given, again, the preordering insanity. When they announced the Falcon restock on FB last week the queue of people was already around the block, so to speak, before I even saw the announcement!

Life's too short :D

I wouldn't call any of this nonsense-excitment seems much more fitting to me (I get excited about new releases or re-releases of hard to find stuff anyway but that's probably a whole 'nother thread and a potentially embarrassing one at that:-/

I'm assuming you weren't able to get one of the Falcons I suggested earlier...?

I Dunno what your current stockist choice(s) are but my FLGS has been very straight forward regarding pre-orders and anything ordered has been sourced no worries. If I've missed the chance to pre-order at the FLGS or decided to chance a bargain using online retailers I've just accepted the hit-and-miss first come first served nature of it...

If you'd like suggestions for stockists I'm sure a thread would get a decent response and give you plenty of alternatives to go at. And as I stated above, if it's just the cards you're after I'm sure people'll be happy to let you proxy in friendly games or physically lend you a card at tourney's in the meantime, I know I have..

I'd hate it (and I'm sure everyone else including FFG too) if supply issues tarnished the game for you... Hell I've got a decent number of mates who play-I'd be happy to ask if any have a falcon they'd be happy to let go for you if you wanted...

Thanks but like I said, i'm not really that fussed anymore. I also checked the site out of curiosity and it's listed as OOS anyway, not surprisingly.

Sorry man looks like gamessesh's falcon flew off the shelf:-/

Another UK based online retailer Ive used is games lore, also recommended from my experience of them. Their page says the falcon is on back order and expected 15th January so they might be worth a look too...

Honestly, Im not bothered anymore. I can't really justify further expense in this game either because if I do it will be insane expense. It's either all in or all out it seems to me, certainly locally. I appreciate the offer, but it's not for me.

It's funny, in a sad way, ther was a a guy in the local community who had a Falcon for sale a month ago and someone mentioned I was interested. He didn't know what he watned for it (ie, he would just come out and say) so I offered him £25 which is the most I'd be prepared to pay even if I was interested, I'm not into collectables. He was righteously offended but only then did he say he watned £35. I told him to fly casual. Honestly, people can buy what they want and sell their stuff for whatever they want, that's entirely fine. But don't pretend you're a 'fly casual' community when you're out to stiff one of your own for as much as you can get. That's not for me. YMMV :D

I believe OP is venting his/her frustration is all.  I'm OK with venting, especially if you make it

entertaining for others.

Yeah, it's some of th follow up posts that seem a bit critical/judgemental.

If you want to  buy 3 Falcons that's your call. It's your money after all. But as has been said, it's not 100% compatible with a community when people have to queue up with the local clique who are desperate to have their third Falcon. Ok, it's your choice, but...three? really?

Oh well!

I'm not venting either. I just find the whole situation rather insane, but tbh it's not helping my interest in the game.

Shame there's not a For Sale forum ;)

Edited by signoftheserpent