Sign in to follow this  
kiwidru

Where the Phoenix Lords at?

If previous hints are any indication, the Phoenix Lord is most likely Baharroth. It matches the mobility sub-theme the Eldar have going on, and I feel like Death From Above is just slapping me in the face with obvious foreshadowing.

Can only agree with that.

Plus Im looking very forward to a more agressive Eldar deck, a deck that will probably use a couple of different Events but will have a whole other feeling as Eldorath.

If previous hints are any indication, the Phoenix Lord is most likely Baharroth. It matches the mobility sub-theme the Eldar have going on, and I feel like Death From Above is just slapping me in the face with obvious foreshadowing.

Can only agree with that.

Plus Im looking very forward to a more agressive Eldar deck, a deck that will probably use a couple of different Events but will have a whole other feeling as Eldorath.

looks like BaharRoth is confirmed first mobile warlord

Heh, Isha was an easy pack to predict, with all the foreshadowing.

Shall we make our predictions for next cycle?

Eldar - Kaela Mensha Khaine, because autarch, farseer and avatar are the three Eldar HQ choices. 60% likely.

Dark Eldar - Asdrubael Vect. I'm 80% on this one, as we need to complete the wych/homonculus/kabalite triad.

Chaos - A Chaos Space Marine, either Slaaneshi or Khornate, possibly unaligned. I'm saying Kharn the Betrayer, based on nothing but gut instinct. 10% on that.

Astra Militarum - Sister of Battle Cannoness of some sort. 20% on that.

Ork - A Goff seems likely. Ghazghull I hope. 20%

Space Marine - Ought to be a Blood Angel or Dark Angel next, though art previews hint at Iron Hands. I reckon Commander Dante, 20%. Iron hands guy 20%.

Tau - Commander Farsight. Has to be. Please. 80% certain, as Tau have so few notable characters, and we've had Mrs. Orthodox and the Ethereal "hero", so now we need the best of the best.

After that I'm speculating we'll see Deluxe Expansion, with 2 warlords apiece for the other two factions. Maybe we'll see them first at the end of the current cycle.

Anyroads, lets say Swarmlord and Doom of Malantai, and let's say Imotekh the Stormlord and Trazyn the Infinite.

if I'm right of all of the above, you have my permission to report me to the Ordo Hereticus as a farseeing witch.

All very legit guesses, I can agree with all of them.

Some guesses of my own:

AM: Creed/Yarrick because of sheer awesomeness and I believe a Cannonness will be much later added.

SM: Mephiston (they dont have a Psyker Warlord yet)

Chaos: Kârn the Betrayer (they dont have a Warrior Warlord yet otherwise Fabius Bile would have been a real contender)

Edited by Killax

There is always the possibility that they'll make up a character, a la Zarathur or Kith. Just saying.

Kaela Mensha Kaine? An eldar god? What will his signature squad unit be, four avatars? I don't know, the god himself seems unlikely to me. I am positive that we will see an avatar in one form or another, but Kaine seems like going too far.

There is always the possibility that they'll make up a character, a la Zarathur or Kith. Just saying.

Kaela Mensha Kaine? An eldar god? What will his signature squad unit be, four avatars? I don't know, the god himself seems unlikely to me. I am positive that we will see an avatar in one form or another, but Kaine seems like going too far.

The Avatars are the only surviving incarnation of Kaela Mensha Khaine, and they each bear his name. The way I'd play it, personally, would be to have seven Eldar Exarchs (the Court of the Young King) and the Suin Daellae as his signature cards.

I'm not saying it will be next, but if I don't get Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt at some point, I'm going to have to go mobilise the guard and sort things out.

Yeah Gaunt, Yarrick etc, I expect a real generalisimo.

On a serious note.. I mean we have a sacrifice-based Guard Warlord coming already, but if they come back round to it I wouldn't mind seeing one based around a Commissar like Yarrick (Gaunt was less fond of exercising those powers of execution, but he did it once or twice).

His/Her ability could be to sacrifice a unit to ready all or some units at the same planet.

While not warlord material, I could see a commissar unit that allowed the sacrifice of another IG unit to prevent a unit from being routed. High command, low attack and moderate health.

Cadian warlord along with Abaddon in a eye of terror deluxe box?

Orks v IG: battle for Armageddon would also be fun.

While not warlord material, I could see a commissar unit that allowed the sacrifice of another IG unit to prevent a unit from being routed. High command, low attack and moderate health.

Like Sebastian Yarrick or something. Still I think this is a very cool idea for a IG card. It is well established that the Imperium executes soldiers for retreating and stuff. I'm not sure that there is enough rout effects to worry about it, still some IG effect worded "execute" instead of sac might be neat, in fact I think it is a good bet we will see it, though I guess sac effects are already around so if you look at it in a certain way you could say this idea is already here.

I was disappointed in the signature squad at first too, but then I realized how much better it is at winning command struggles (the importance of which should not be understated). Throw hawks all over the place and you're likely to win plenty of resources, then move them wherever you see fit to win combat as well. Just don't build your entire deck around it, or you're likely to lose pretty hard if your warlord gets bloodied. Worst case scenario, you have a mobile pair of command icons moving around winning you resources while your regular Eldar cards do all the heavy lifting in combat.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

Yeah it sure helps, its not like the signature squad is bad, but it doesn't force Death From Above to be in Baharroth's deck, and I kind of think that is a shame.

Nontheless, the card by itself works perfectly fine. As Trailblazer has shown us, Mobile can work really wel on bodies who are not really worth anything in combat ;)

The only downside of this is that Baharroth's signature army (unlike Eldorath's) isn't anything to special to get back from Gift of Isha.

Not saying it's bad, just complaining that Ive found Eldar's Command presence allready strong enough but this body is a bit lackluster in Combat.