Sign in to follow this  
Vascopinto

First-time painting results

Imperial assault is amazing; a better descent with star wars theme. Yay!
I also like me some x-wing and each time the ships are on the table I LOVE the fact that they are painted. So what to do with those bland unpainted imperial assault mini's...
Enter sorastro's painting guide on youtube

After seeing that I thought to myself "I think I can actually pull this off". 

Behold my first three creations:

IMG_20150113_213942.jpg

Okay, many other painted stormies put mine to shame, but man I'm proud. They look so much better than the unpainted plastics! On top of that I found I really do enjoy painting these figures. I have no idea when my whole set is done, and yeah, I had to invest some money into paints and brushes, but it's exciting that I found this new hobby. And playing the game is going to be so much better from now on!

Will show more images when I have painted the bases, sprayed varnish and put some ardcoat on their tiny little stormtrooper heads.

Credits to Sorastro!

Any comments, burns, suggestions or questions are welcome.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR NOOB RESULTS HERE!

Edited by Vascopinto

I agree. Sorastro's guides have been very helpful so far. I just wish I had a chance to see them before finishing my Imperial figures.  :(  But it looks like you were able to put his tips to good use. I would be proud to play with figures like that, too. Nicely done!

You did a great job for a first try.  I've painted for a year or two on and off as I've played different games and mine look only marginally better.  Great job!  You should be proud!

Job well done sir. I saw the videos and I started working on my probe droids since they seem to be the easiest one to do... Never thought I would paint minis but so far I'm enjoying it.

Those looks awesome! Great job! 

I'm getting anxious to start painting my own set next week. Will need to find a good way of storing the painted minis that will still fit the box. 

and those videos are great, kudos to that guy

You know, having had a look at your first time results and the tutorial on YouTube I'm going to give a first time go as well.  Will have to wait until next month to buy the materials (assuming the first wave expansions aren't out then, or I'll get them first).

I hope mine come out half as good as yours do!

Cool to see that people get inspired by this post as I was by others. Imperial assault really seems to stir peoples creativity.

Those probe droids look really cool JediJF! I started on those today actually. Nice to do something different from the stormtroopers. :-)

Those stormtroopers look nice to me! I wouldn't have mind if mine were a little bit cleaner like yours...
As an update I can tell I made good progress: finished 2 groups of stormies (only 1 more to go for the last trio) and did my probe droids, including applying a coat of laquer. Very happy with the result!

Behold my probe droid creations:

verfupdate.jpg?raw=1

Edited by Vascopinto

Nice work guys!  I wish I had seen this post before I painted my stormies.  They turned out good but I really like the gritty look that the black wash gives them.  starwarsimperialassault008_zps7c711292.j

What brush size/technique you use to get all that detail on the helmet? Looks great

Nice work guys!  I wish I had seen this post before I painted my stormies.  They turned out good but I really like the gritty look that the black wash gives them.  starwarsimperialassault008_zps7c711292.j

What brush size/technique you use to get all that detail on the helmet? Looks great

Thanks!  I think it was a Red Sable brush size 2 from Atlas Brush co.  I also use a magnifier and have really good lighting.

Those stormtroopers look nice to me! I wouldn't have mind if mine were a little bit cleaner like yours...

As an update I can tell I made good progress: finished 2 groups of stormies (only 1 more to go for the last trio) and did my probe droids, including applying a coat of laquer. Very happy with the result!

Behold my probe droid creations:

verfupdate.jpg?raw=1

Those Probes look great

Edited by JediJF