Sign in to follow this  
DarkGuard

why does the defender have a white k-turn where the IG200 does not?

i thought the whole point of the IG200 was that it could fly better than a human pilot? can someone tell me lore wise why the defender can get a white k-turn and the IG2000 does not?

Edited by DarkGuard

People are complaining about the dials but if you were to ask me I say they all are perfect. Different fighters helicopters and aircraft handle differently A F-15 doesn't fly the same as a F-16 and a AH-1 Cobra doesn't fly like a AH-64 Apache even if they are similar and fill similar rolls.. Some have speed some can bank and turn better. The way they are keeping all the dials the way they are is great because it gives all the ships a different feeling in how they move. Take a look at the Z-95 and X-wing. Sure they have similar movement dials but the different orientation of the green maneuvers makes it so that flying a X-wing is different then flying a Z-95.

There are some that handle very well (A-wings) and others that are rather cumbersome (Lambda Shuttle) Still it is not about which ship has the most greens the fewest reds the K-turns and what not, it is how you take that ships dial and where you place that ship with that dial.

Edited by Marinealver

Because the defender actually turns better than the aggressor for any turns that don't require breaking.

IG has space-ceramic disk brakes to the Defenders' drums. But at least Defender pilots got ABS, B-wings are STILL begging for those.

Because the defender actually turns better than the aggressor for any turns that don't require breaking.

IG has space-ceramic disk brakes to the Defenders' drums. But at least Defender pilots got ABS, B-wings are STILL begging for those.

Well the b-wing decided to pimp it's ride with that rotating cockpit instead.

The defender is faster whereas the 2000 is deceptively agile for a large ship.

In other words if physics had any meaning in star wars ig2000 handles sharp continuous turns that put substantial more GeForce especially from a larger vessel on the pilot. Whereas the defender is a smaller faster sports car that zips down the road pulls his ebrake, jerks his wheel to the right to perform a kturn.

Game balance. It's a droid, GForce matters nothing to it and if we were speaking lorewise, it shouldn't get any stress.

Machines can be physically stressed, a passenger jet can't hold up to the same g-force turns that a combat jet can do, regardless of whether or not the pilot can withstand the g-forces.

The Aggressor would be totally fine if it had a white k turn. Just also have it receive a stress token every time it gets hit with Ion to show that droids aren't 'better' at everything. Problem solved!

Because if a game designer has to make a decision about gameplay vs flavor, it's better for the game to choose gameplay. If they gave it a white k-turn, or even a white s-turn, it would increase the cost of the ship significantly which would significantly limit it's options for upgrades. 

Well the Agressor is already going to be the best ship in the game with the BEST maneuver dial. Giving it a white K-turn in addition would have changed the ship from "game breaking" to "game ending".

Seriously. You found something a single ship can do (basically as its only strenght) and you want it for the agressor in addition to its awesome dial, awesome actionbar, cheap cost, AWESOME pilot skills and awesome stats? I am wondering!

People are really over selling the aggressor, it's nice but it's a large based fighter with a forward arc it's far from invincible.

Reminds me of my friend Rob, when we'd play 40k he'd start a new army thinking they'd be awesome and unbeatable only to actually play them and realise they are not all that, I remember the look after the first game with sixth ed dark angels against my wolves he'd gone in with dreams of plasma death wiping me out and ended up shocked when I tabled him.

You are right, aggressor is far from being the top dog, but it certainly looks like playable atleast and more importantly, it seems pretty fun to fly to me unlike turrets, i seriously tried to like them with wave 5, but they are mindnumbly boring to me. High PS interceptors and Phantoms looks like the better option for wave 6 in my opinion.

Into 40k's point, most people who played competitively, even if some tried (and somewhat managed) to make the 6th Dark Angels work, knew that the codex was a downgrade compared to other Space Marines codexes. GW apologizers would tell you that they were trying to downgrade everything, but there is little conform with that argument on a system where codex release could take years, even editions, to happen.

As a tau player who loved playing 5th edition with them, i stopped playing the game when their codex was released, not because it was bad, but because it was completely stripped of their spirit on 5th streamlining it to make it more manageable for players who would like to put less effort into playing them (mostly SM players). If i am playing Tau, i want to try to control the battlefield as much as possible to be efficient, not a gunline because the extra firepower and durability allows you to be efficient that way.

Edited by DreadStar

I dunno about best ship in the game, sure its got a great dial, stat line and upgrades but the pilot skill is rather mid range leaving it open to high ps arc dodgers. In a 100pt game your really only going to be able to squeeze in two and at best a couple of z's if your not going crazy on the upgrades.

Game balance. It's a droid, GForce matters nothing to it and if we were speaking lorewise, it shouldn't get any stress.

Machines can be physically stressed, a passenger jet can't hold up to the same g-force turns that a combat jet can do, regardless of whether or not the pilot can withstand the g-forces.

People seem to forget about structural stress. It's not what the pilot can handle, with inertial dampeners that's no problem.

It's what the ship itself can handle before it tears itself apart that's the problem.