Sign in to follow this  
Joseph_Lavode

new investigator mid-game question

Hi folks, pretty new to this game and had a situation come up today I couldn't find resolved in the rules. I may have been looking in the wrong spot. I had an investigator defeated, and when I set up their replacement I noticed one of their starting assets was already taken. What do you do in this situation? The decision I made was that they were out of luck and just had to start worse off than normal, is there an official take on this I missed? Or an unofficial but popularly used one?

if a character has it already they do not receive it, if it on a dead investigator, discard pile or to buy, they take it. I am sure there is a line in rule book.

Though if devoured by some reason(dark pact), it gone for good in my opinion.

Edited by Daisu

It's filed under Gaining Possessions and Conditions (Ref. guide, pag. 6). Under "Gaining a Specific Card", we read:

"If the specified card cannot is not found while searching, he does not gain a card. For instance, if other investigators or defeated investigators possess all copies of the card or all copies of the card have been returned to the game box"