Sign in to follow this  
patox

Are we out of Rebel Ships for Wave 7? Any guesses?

It would not surprise me if wave 7 would be a full S&V wave again. That way they could get them up to speed with the other two factions.

S&V needs 2 - 3 more starfighters and another Aces set to catch up.

If I remember it correctly, I did see a R-41 Starchaser in a cutscene in the force unleashed II.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starchaser

Doesn't exactly fill a niche, but it is a possible new starfighter for the rebels.

That will most likely be a Scum ship, not Rebel.  No one has mentioned the T-Wing yet!  Although the T-Wing might be another Scum candidate instead of Rebel according to the lore.

I think the biggest question people need to ask is, what roles and niches still need to be filled?

That's a dumb question. That implies that once those niches have been filled (as perceived by some authority), there is no reason for anything else to exist. That is a world devoid of inventiveness and creativity. That would mean that we would all be driving Ford cars now as there's no reason for anyone to have made a different model...

New ships could exist as alternatives over existing ships.

Why would someone make a different model car that served the same role?

Because the new model's better.

The problem with X-wing is that for the game to be balanced ships need to be of similar quality relative to cost. When ships are different that's easy enough, but if you give two ships very similar roles it's highly likely that one will have the edge over the other and nigh obsolete it.

I have a list of about 8 ships that would be nice for the Rebels, not including the Ghost or Phantom. There is plenty for them to continue on for a while, especially since I believe we will be going down to one ship per faction per wave. Yes, they will be delving deep into the EU. But, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially when they have shown the will continue to support the classic movie ships. 

Well let's see the list!

K-wing, H-wing, Otana, R41 Starchaser, T-wing, Raven's Claw, Pulsar Skate, Lady Luck/Jade's Fire. 

It would not surprise me if wave 7 would be a full S&V wave again. That way they could get them up to speed with the other two factions.

S&V needs 2 - 3 more starfighters and another Aces set to catch up.

There is no way they are ignoring the Rebels for that long. 

To be honest, I think I'd rather FFG create new thematic ships for the Rebels. I'd like to see some non-civilian large base ships because seeing the YT series gunning for TIEs and Decimators is a bit weird, not even mentioning the Raider.

I'm almost certain that the upcoming Star Wars film will have new starfighter designs for all sides, so that will be its own wave.

Q-Wing:

Dial has only S-loops, with most of them red and just a couple white (no green on the dial). Astromech slot available, though, so you can turn the 1 and 2 S-loops green.

2 Attack, 6 Agility, 3 Hull, 3 Shields. Pilot abilities would mostly have to do with manipulating their own Stress. One pilot would have to get an ability related to doing something when he dies.

More seriously, there are several options for FFG to pursue, from prequel and video game sources to Ep VII material. Plus, they could always open up talks with LFL (assuming they haven't already) to design a couple more ships.

Liberator-class Heavy Bomber:

2/1/4/4

Astromech, Crew, Bomb, Bomb, Torpedo

After the success of the B-wing Heavy Fighter, Mon Calamari design teams consulted with Incom in the development of a new dedicated bomber for the Rebels, intended to help push Imperial garrisons off of occupied worlds in the wake of Emperor Palpatine's death. The result was a tough and effective bomb delivery vehicle that proved its worth in the liberation of several key planets.

This would include a few new bomb types, including both Ion and Flechette Bombs, as well as a Laser Mine:

Laser Mine

2 Attack, 0 Agility, 1 Hull, 0 Shields

3 points (alternatively 5-7 if it has 2 Hull)

Laser Mines operate at PS0 during the Combat Phase. They do not have a dial and cannot take actions. They can, however, receive tokens from other sources, and they can be bumped into by ships, following the collision rules as normal.

Just an off the cuff thought, this might actually be a bad idea, but...

Thinking about a classic Y-Wing, with the armor still on. Same dial, 1 more hull, and the Boost action.

...and the bubble turret. Not sure it would qualify for Boost, though.

Would like to see it, although I'd probably see that being part of a Clone Wars era thing (which does open up a whole load of new fighters).

The K-wing (as a rebel non-turret large ship) would be nice. With the raider coming out, there is space for an anti-capital ship vessel - there's the option of (as part of the general trend of trying to fix ordnance) giving it some large-ship-only torpedoes.

I remember playing rogue squad for GameCube/N64 and the v wing would was my fav ship in it, but it does look like the e-wing.

Understand with disney at the helm of Star Wars we should see new ships like the raider. My guess ships will come out for every letter my guess something new for C,D F and G will be seen, the sky is the limit with the new EU being built.

Rebels still don't have the shuttle Tyderium (not saying they NEED it, but it was a named ship from the original trilogy and it is the ONLY named ship that hasn't made it into the game yet, so it just may at some point).   Also we have no Cloud Cars yet.  I get that they may actually require some atmosphere, but any way you slice it, they flew alongside the falcon, in the same space that both Shuttles, TIE's , and an X-Wing flew, so it could totally work.  You'd just have to imagine that your map happens to have some atmosphere, or maybe refitted cloud cars that can run in deep space. 

For EU, we know that Kyle and Jan are in the game so their second ship, the Raven's Claw is certainly possible. 

Also, we haven't seen a Yoda or Ben Kenobi crew card yet, so it could be possible that if a new rebel ship is released, it could have them as crew.  

I want to see micro ships.  Maybe same base as the small ships? but super cheap, super squishy, low attack ships.   I am not familiar with EU but something along the lines of a speeder bike, but not a speeder bike considering they don't go in space.  Something with a 1 attack, 3 evade, 1 hull, 8 pts. No ordinance, 1 modification only.

MICRO SWARM!!

Am I crazy?

Edited by Sweatt

I remember playing rogue squad for GameCube/N64 and the v wing would was my fav ship in it, but it does look like the e-wing.

Understand with disney at the helm of Star Wars we should see new ships like the raider. My guess ships will come out for every letter my guess something new for C,D F and G will be seen, the sky is the limit with the new EU being built.

Airspeeders not so good in space.

I for one do not want to see a lot of made up ships.  This is star wars, not some generic space combat game. I like the raider and I understand that it made sense that they needed to invent that one, but I won't buy generic made up ship #4.

More is not always better, in fact it is often worse.  I'd rather have a great balanced game that is complete than power creep. continual fixes, etc.  A game does not have to die just because there are no more ships to put out.

I would love to see some rebel aces for the Y-wing, and a few other things, like better ordnance, and there are sill some ships out there like the blastboat and the starwing / gunboat for the imps.

They could possibly relase more on the epic front as well, though I doubt they will.

There is the possibility that we will see 'rebel scum" ships. Ships that, much like most wanted, are dual faction. While certain scum ships are exclusive to that faction, like the Starviper, aggressor, and hutt built scyk, a ship like the cloakshape or r-41 could have dual purpose.

While this is not likely, it is a possibility. Start putting out two ship waves so players can also buy the other FFG games such as armada.

It feels like heyye kind of slightly off on timing.

If they do a Full mixed wave 7 then do SV only wave 8 plus one more aces pack for SV that should conceivably get us to November when they can start releasing ep7 stuff. This then requires only 1 more ship to choose for both imps and rebels.

I for one do not want to see a lot of made up ships.  This is star wars, not some generic space combat game. I like the raider and I understand that it made sense that they needed to invent that one, but I won't buy generic made up ship #4.

More is not always better, in fact it is often worse.  I'd rather have a great balanced game that is complete than power creep. continual fixes, etc.  A game does not have to die just because there are no more ships to put out.

I would love to see some rebel aces for the Y-wing, and a few other things, like better ordnance, and there are sill some ships out there like the blastboat and the starwing / gunboat for the imps.

They could possibly relase more on the epic front as well, though I doubt they will.

All the ships were "made up" at one point. Why is this game a less valid origin for a ship than a video game or comic book? 

The assumption of powercreep is kind of insulting to the designers. They have done a very good job of keeping this game balanced and helping older ships. 

All the ships were "made up" at one point. Why is this game a less valid origin for a ship than a video game or comic book? 

The assumption of powercreep is kind of insulting to the designers. They have done a very good job of keeping this game balanced and helping older ships. 

They have already started producing new designs for this game. I think they did a good job with the Raider, and I would not mind seeing a few more FFG original designs.  The remaining candidates are quite obscure, and may not be interesting to develop for the game.  An original design or two would really let FFG fill in any gaps they see in the various ship lineups for the 3 factions, and possibly improve game balance rather than destroy it.  

Sure, I guess there is the doomsday scenario of many FFG original designs being introduced that are overpowered and supplant the original ships.  But I think this is quite unlikely, given the attitude of the game designers - particularly the desire to maintain the relevance of older game elements (like the TIE advanced).  

A few FFG originals could bridge the gap between wave 6 and releases associated with episode 7, perhaps.  

They still have to do the YT-2000 (with Otana!!) somewhere!! :D

I hope it will be a rebel ship, I want to fly him next to Dash and Han in big games!

I guess only one or two more waves until they can start making EP7 ships right? ;)