Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Dakotan

Would you be ok with more FFG Original characters?

I wouldn't mind, but I think there are a lot of pilots that need to be made first. Pops, Tiree, Brannon, Nett, Simms, and most of Rogue Squadron to name just a few. Not to mention the pilots that flew more than one type of fighter.

To clarify my post - I agree they should use ones people like from the EU first, just to please the people who like them.  I know if there was one I was keen on in the EU I'd want it in X-Wing.

All for it, I am discovering most of the EU characters trough this game anyways. I would rather buy a well designed ship than something shoehorned into a comic 20 years ago! Besides almost every other Star Wars game has invented their on ships, why not X-wing!

I have no problem with them creating things if it's done well.

For that matter, it'd be nice to see some of the characters cross-polinating from one game to another. Since most of the X-wing characters (now the films and well-known books have been tapped) are coming from more obscure books and games, why not use characters from their own other games?

Zal, for example, is a character from the Age of Rebellion RPG starter box. She's stated to have been one of the A-wing Test pilots.

Jyn is a smuggler in Imperial Assault, so would work as a YT-2400, YT-1300 or HKW-190 pilot.

Edge of the Empire's existing adventures could offer up several possible Scum and Villainy pilots.

etc, etc.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

For that matter, it'd be nice to see some of the characters cross-polinating from one game to another. Since most of the X-wing characters (now the films and well-known books have been tapped) are coming from more obscure books and games, why not use characters from their own other games?

Zal, for example, is a character from the Age of Rebellion RPG starter box. She's stated to have been one of the A-wing Test pilots.

Jyn is a smuggler in Imperial Assault, so would work as a YT-2400, YT-1300 or HKW-190 pilot.

Edge of the Empire's existing adventures could offer up several possible Scum and Villainy pilots.

etc, etc.

I'm curious what "done well" would mean, though. To me, it would involve some kind of lore - which the RPG sourcebooks provide. The huge discussions surrounding Whisper and Echo's sex demonstrate what happens when pilots are created without any lore whatsoever, I believe.

Agreed - I love the profiles for characters like Zal. I desperately hope that the Raider will be included in some of the Age of Rebellion campaigns, so there will be some kind of lore around the ship. And more info on the Imperial and Scum pilots, who are usually either former card game characters with a minor popup in Galaxies, or a "mentioned only" character in an obscure short story would be great.

The rebel pilots tend to be more established, though of course I would not say no to some awesome new stories about them. :)

etc, etc.

Edge of the Empire already slipped in a character without anyone noticing it seems. Kaa'to Leeachos, the Scum Z-95 pilot, has thus far only appeared in an Edge of the Empire Adventure called "Under a Black Sun." When I first showed one of my Edge group the new Scum pilots one of them recognized his name!

etc, etc.

Edge of the Empire already slipped in a character without anyone noticing it seems. Kaa'to Leeachos, the Scum Z-95 pilot, has thus far only appeared in an Edge of the Empire Adventure called "Under a Black Sun." When I first showed one of my Edge group the new Scum pilots one of them recognized his name!

Haha, one thing I'm going to have issues with are the scum pilots and their....names.   

For the life of me, I don't think I can remember a single Scum pilot name, despite all the previews.  (minus Boba, Kath, and IG88 of course).