Sign in to follow this  
Kamehameornah

Gold Pieces, Fate & Alliance Cards

Hey all,

Do you know of any places I could find additional Gold Pieces, Fate & Alliance Cards without rebuying the entire talisman board? It seems when we have long games with many people we need more of these (typically just gold and alliance cards... we've never run out of fate actually).

Thanks,

How many players are you playing with that you could run out of alliance cards??? I find that amazing you would run out of those.

As far as gold it never really made a lot of sense but there is supposed to be a limit to the amount of gold. For general purpose,once it is gone you have to wait for someone to use it or lose it.

I believe fate is the same way and I know firelands and dragon tokens have a limit.

Certain ending cards may have you use some sort of tokens to represent tokens but that is the exception to the rule.

If you want more, which there is certainly no reason you can not, I would look for partial sets, damaged sets or discounts on auction sites.

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba

You can only have the tokens and gold supplied with the base game; you're not allowed to go over the resource limit, from my understanding. (If you want extras in case you lost/will lose them, damaged sets are a good idea, as JKA suggested...some stores have a "rental" section where their damaged games are kept so maybe you can ask to buy for parts?)

As for alignment cards, you should only need to use them if someone changes alignment (as opposed to represent their starting alignment) so it should be tough to run out of those except in the rare 5P or 6P games when 5-6 people have changed alignment...

Edited by Artaterxes

As I have shared countless times, I use dice for Str, Craft, Lives, Gold, and Fate (dark & Light). And to do so cheaply you can get a pack of dice from the DollarTree for only $1, that has enough dice of all these for 1 character. So buy a pack for each player and your set. I bought about 8-10. Each stat has its own color!

Everything has a limit. Alliance cards? are they Alignment cards? if so that strange what we have 4 Evil- Good and 4 Neutral hmmm 6 players some can be placed on board.. I suppose if there isn't a Alignment card to change to its tough luck.. hehehe what a rule :).

Thanks guys, yes I meant alignment cards. We've been passing them out at the start of the game but I guess thay isn't needed eh? Thanks for pointing that out!

I've been thinking about doing the dice idea, I'm seeing that a lot of other people are doing it too.

Thanks for the help!!

Thanks guys, yes I meant alignment cards. We've been passing them out at the start of the game but I guess thay isn't needed eh? Thanks for pointing that out!

No, you're not supposed to hand them out at game start. Only when you change alignment to something other than whats written on your character card.

Have fun