Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Pierre

Some unique character abilities made up.

I thought of this one today thought I would share it.

If you get a critical hit you may change it to a normal hit and then roll one additional attack dice.

You may only change one critical hit per attack.

Thought it would be an ability of a pilot. I can't see what upgrade card it would be.

I don't think it would get much use. If you take a look at the odds critical hits already have a chance of doing double damage considering shields and other abilities. I guess it could work in to modification stage as to roll an additional attack dice but then again you are removing a critical hit for a 50% chance of additional hit or a 12.5% chance for an additional critical hit.

So the mangler cannon could become a 4pt R1-3 hlc? That's very powerfull and if the pilot has a cannon slot should be costed accordingly.

I like the idea though!

Edited by Joostuh

I don't think it would get much use. If you take a look at the odds critical hits already have a chance of doing double damage considering shields and other abilities. I guess it could work in to modification stage as to roll an additional attack dice but then again you are removing a critical hit for a 50% chance of additional hit or a 12.5% chance for an additional critical hit.

Are you reading this as a defender's ability or an attacker's? I'm reading it as an attacker, and I think it would be used almost all the time.

According to xwingdice.com, the difference in expected damage between a hit and a crit is 1 vs 1.23. Likelihood is pretty low that you'll get what you want to hit them with, and the crits aren't very relevant on ships with crew, system upgrades, etc. (FFG needs to release an updated damage deck)

As the attacker, I think I would almost always prefer the extra roll. Depends on when in the attack it triggers.

And of course against a shielded target, always.

So the mangler cannon could become a 4pt R1-3 hlc? That's very powerfull and if the pilot has a cannon slot should be costed accordingly.

I like the idea though!

Eh, giving it to just one guy doesn't seem that broken. The entire TIE Phantom line gets four dice, and they don't need a canon upgrade that prevents them from rolling a fifth at range one.

Or we could add "unmodified" to the text? I kind of like a guy who has his crits explode, and think it's would be especially cool (but ultimately pointless) on a one attack ship, one out of 64 times they'd deals three damage!

I thought of this one today thought I would share it.

If you get a critical hit you may change it to a normal hit and then roll one additional attack dice.

You may only change one critical hit per attack.

Thought it would be an ability of a pilot. I can't see what upgrade card it would be.

I like this.

Maybe a bomber.

Hit with a missle or torp. and flip crits for more damage.