Sign in to follow this  
SoaringBear

Texas Store Championships

Here's what I've managed to gather from just websites. I haven't called anybody though. If you see a date that's wrong, or know one I haven't found, please let me know and I'll update it! Thanks!

Austin
Dragon's Lair Comics and Fantasy Austin - Mar 7 11am
Tribe comics and games - Feb 28 1pm
Whose Turn is it games - Jan 31 1pm

Bedford
Generation X Games and Comics- Jan 11

Dallas
Common Ground Games - Feb 21 1pm

Denton
More Fun Game Center - Feb 22 12pm

Fort Worth
Sci Fi Factory - Feb 8

Houston
8th Dimension Comics and Games - Jan 11 12pm
Gerard's One Stop Gaming Shop - Mar 7 12pm

Humble
Ettin Events - Jan 31 10am

Pearland
Montag's Games and Hobbies - Feb 21

Plano

Madness games and Comics - Mar 14 11 PM

San Antonio
Alien Worlds - Feb 28 11am
Dragon's Lair Comics and Fantasy San Antonio - Feb 7 11 AM

Stephenville
Arrowstar Games - Feb 28 3pm

The Woodlands
Fat Ogre Games and Comics - Mar 14 11 AM

Tyler
Ground zero comics - Mar 14 12pm

Wichita Falls
Geekopolis - Feb 7 12pm

edit: Updated More Fun Game Center

edit 2: updated Fat Ogre, DL:SA, and Gerards. Tentative for DA: Austin

edit 3: updated for Alien Worlds

Edited by SoaringBear

Great idea! I have wanted to travel to take an X-wing road trip to meet some new players.

For the Houston area events, Gerard's is subject to change because of another event that weekend. Montag's is February 21, and Fat Ogre is supposed to be March 14, I think.

I have spoken with the Dragon's Lair event organizer in Austin (I run an ATX league) and he told me they have not received their kits yet. As soon as they know what is going on, I will post here to let everyone know.

That's correct. It starts at 11am on March 7th at Dragon's Lair in Austin. I will be running the event. It will feature 75 minute rounds, $5 buy-in and prize support.

Hope to see everyone there!

Edited by s1n

Thanks Tuls. I was wondering about that. 

As of Yesterday's tournament in Denton, Texas is over half way done with it's Store Championships. Got a lot in the 3 coming weeks, so if you haven't been able to make it to one yet, you still have plenty of options.

Any updates on the Madness store championship? (Start times, confirmed date, etc)

I called Madness on Monday, and they confirmed the 14th; went in Tuesday and talked to an employee behind the counter, who confirmed the 14th with a start time of high noon.

Edited by WarriorPoet

Any updates on the Madness store championship? (Start times, confirmed date, etc)

I called Madness on Monday, and they confirmed the 14th; went in Tuesday and talked to an employee behind the counter, who confirmed the 14th with a start time of high noon.

This is incorrect.  We will start registration at 10am, tourney will start at 11am.  I am not sure who told you that, but it is incorrect.  I will post the details later today.

This is incorrect.  We will start registration at 10am, tourney will start at 11am.  I am not sure who told you that, but it is incorrect.  I will post the details later today.

Wow, sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying.

Glad I double-checked this before tomorrow!