Sign in to follow this  
Crose87420

FF Star Wars Tokens?

They come in the dice packs that you can purchase.

To be clear, the light-side/dark-side pips come in the dice packs, but not characters, ships, etc.  I think the tokens in the beginner games are meant to introduce inexperienced players into roleplaying games.  Since miniatures, exact positions, and scale are not really emphasized in the main product lines, I doubt that FF will release any cardboard tokens as separate products.  I am sure that they feel that people who want miniatures will cross over into the Imperial Assault product line for them.

I've heard that the cardboard Destiny tokens aren't that great in quality and I want to get something more coin-like.  I haven't found anything yet however, despite quite a bit of Google-fu.  Ideally, I'd like poker-chip quality coins with the Empire symbol on one side and the Rebel symbol on the other. 

I've heard that the cardboard Destiny tokens aren't that great in quality and I want to get something more coin-like.  I haven't found anything yet however, despite quite a bit of Google-fu.  Ideally, I'd like poker-chip quality coins with the Empire symbol on one side and the Rebel symbol on the other. 

It's basic cardboard and seems the same quality as used for the X-Wing game.  I haven't had any problems with it.  They are on the small side, but I don't have any plans to swtich them out.

We make our own tokens with a one inch puncher, plastic, paper and a printer. Print, glue the paper over the plastic then with the puncher you cut the tokens out.

However I'd love more like the ones in the beginner boxes. I actually buy em just for the dice and the tokens.

I use Othello pieces. (learned that from GM Chris of Order 66).

I use the same (learned that from someone here, possibly GM Chris or progressions?)

You can get them pretty cheap on ebay and Amazon usually.

Are you chewing on them??? 

Edited by Atraangelis

I wouldn't be surprised to see them put out more tokens eventually if they think they would sell.  They want to make money after all.

For those with a budget the Imperial Assault figures look great, but they're expensive.  A lower cost token appeals to those who can't afford the figures.

It's basic cardboard and seems the same quality as used for the X-Wing game.  I haven't had any problems with it.  They are on the small side, but I don't have any plans to swtich them out.

So less than 12 hours after posting this, I dediced to go and buy some Othello pieces from eBay.  10 for $4.99 with free shipping, so I said "what the heck?"

Edited by Domingo

You could even make it 3D like a table top war game. Print a small drawing or character out with mirror image above it...fold together with two tabs taped or glued at each end to be the stand-- make a triangle basically with the picture in both sides. Now you have cheap little standies and can use little bits of war gaming terrain to setup the environment.

OH and recently played at R2BUILDERS -- genius idea to grab a reasonably sized dry erase board...different color markers and you can draw out scenes and take notes right there in front of everyone. I was going to grab some cheap thin magnet sheet at Home Depot --- cut into circles...print out and attach to magnets and now you can slide around the tokens on the magnet dry erase board with pictures of the characters and baddies right in front of you

Edited by theclash24

OH and recently played at R2BUILDERS -- genius idea to grab a reasonably sized dry erase board...different color markers and you can draw out scenes and take notes right there in front of everyone. I was going to grab some cheap thin magnet sheet at Home Depot --- cut into circles...print out and attach to magnets and now you can slide around the tokens on the magnet dry erase board with pictures of the characters and baddies right in front of you

If you have the right type of roll-up mat, you can use either wet-erase or dry-erase markers, and then easily erase that when you’re done with that map and go on to draw a different one.

Just make sure you use the right type of marker for the right type of mat. You don’t want to be left with a mat that has permanent markings on it because you used the wrong type of marker, and where all the known tricks to remove Sharpie permanent marker won’t work because you didn’t actually use Sharpies, you just used the wrong kind of wet/dry erase marker on the other type of mat.

Can you tell that our group has actually made this mistake? ;)

You can go to coolstuffinc.com and order a bunch of starwars minis for dirt cheap. I currently use the tokens from both of the starter sets. I have been looking into the new imperial assault game and getting minis from sites for cheap. I have an issue with creating maps for people who like them. I like the pencil paper style myself.