Sign in to follow this  
DraconPyrothayan

Unexpected Interactions.

A decimator, using expose, behind an asteroid or at range three will still roll 1 defense die.

Hobbie can spend a target lock and reroll no dice to clear stress.

Garven can spend a focus token with no focus results to pass the token

Can someone run down how dauntless ends up stress free on green maneuvers?

The action happens during the Execute Maneuver step of activation, and the stress from Dauntless is added immediately during that step.

The next step is the Check Pilot Stress step, which looks at the maneuver colour and determines if a stress should be added or removed.

>reveal dial

>bump

>action

>stress

>check stress

>remove if green

Edited by Tipperary

A decimator, using expose, behind an asteroid or at range three will still roll 1 defense die.

Hobbie can spend a target lock and reroll no dice to clear stress.

Garven can spend a focus token with no focus results to pass the token

Stole this and added some more similar things.

What follows is a list of odd and potentially unknown interactions between upgrades/pilots.

Feel free to add more in the comments, and I'll expand the Master List!

• R2 Astromech turns the Daredevil White maneuver green. There is currently no application for this, though it does matter to homebrewists.

• If you trigger Dauntless by colliding with a Green maneuver, you clear that stress immediately.

WOW

Outrider: If you lose your cannon upgrade card, your primary weapon returns to duty.

I knew that, but just imagine this happening...

Tie Pilot to his CO: Sir, we just destroyed this Rebel freighter's weapon battery!

CO: Great job Maverick, now we can easily destroy them!

Tie Pilot: By the Emperor! What's that? They just grew a new one, sir!

Outrider: If you lose your cannon upgrade card, your primary weapon returns to duty.

Tie Pilot to his CO: Sir, we just destroyed this Rebel freighter's weapon battery!

I prefer to think of it as damaging the weapon battery.

I have noob question:

when I have for example Howlrunner with Determination and Black Squadron with DtF at range 1 what is first?

reveal crit dmg card or redirection from DtF? :D

Results -> Damage -> Cards

Draw Their Fire acts on results.  Determination acts on dealt cards.  So you have to move the result, the results (on each ship) turn into damage which is then dealt, and you apply Determination as appropriate.

The action happens during the Execute Maneuver step of activation, and the stress from Dauntless is added immediately during that step.

The next step is the Check Pilot Stress step, which looks at the maneuver colour and determines if a stress should be added or removed.

>reveal dial

>bump

>action

>stress

>check stress

>remove if green

going by this (exclude the bump)that would mean an intercepter ( or any other ship) that had done a green manouver before his action and ptl would remove the stress token he just gained from ptl.

The steps are all the same but the bump and I have never scene or heard of it being played that way. I'm not saying your wrong but if your right you have just made a build I'm running even stronger

>reveal dial

>bump

>action

>stress

>check stress

>remove if green

going by this (exclude the bump)that would mean an intercepter ( or any other ship) that had done a green manouver before his action and ptl would remove the stress token he just gained from ptl.

The steps are all the same but the bump and I have never scene or heard of it being played that way. I'm not saying your wrong but if your right you have just made a build I'm running even stronger

Nope. The check-stress happens before the normal action step.

The "Bump" trigger happens during the maneuver itself, and before the check-stress.

>reveal dial

>bump

>action

>stress

>check stress

>remove if green

Not quite. It's the specific wording of Dauntless, like Night Beast that allows for the timing cited. Your example uses the action step which is after the check stress step.

>reveal dial

>bump

>action

>stress

>check stress

>remove if green

Not quite. It's the specific wording of Dauntless, like Night Beast that allows for the timing cited. Your example uses the action step which is after the check stress step.
see I think this is an obvious difference of perspective.

On page 7in the highlighted red it states if a ship executes an manouver blah blah blah you don't get get to perform action. So what your saying is that it's timing is activating before the check stress but on the next page over page 8 it also says immediately after moving is when you get to perform actions. The way I read the dauntless title does not give me the indication that its activating before the check stress, it's only stating that if you have overlapped you can still perform an action( like you would have if you had not overlapped) and then after you have performed your action you gain the stress.

I'm not saying your wrong. And this actually make any decimator build like a chirpy expose even more powerful as that would mean his actions could not be blocked. Now I just need to find 1 point

>reveal dial

>bump

>action

>stress

>check stress

>remove if green

see I think this is an obvious difference of perspective.

On page 7in the highlighted red it states if a ship executes an manouver blah blah blah you don't get get to perform action. So what your saying is that it's timing is activating before the check stress but on the next page over page 8 it also says immediately after moving is when you get to perform actions. The way I read the dauntless title does not give me the indication that its activating before the check stress, it's only stating that if you have overlapped you can still perform an action( like you would have if you had not overlapped) and then after you have performed your action you gain the stress.

I'm not saying your wrong. And this actually make any decimator build like a chirpy expose even more powerful as that would mean his actions could not be blocked. Now I just need to find 1 point

Oi. Rules discussion linky-link. Suffice it to say that it works.

Bit obvious but at the time I found it unexpected.

Accuracy Corrector + Autoblaster can only be defended by Evade Tokens.

As per FAQ, "The defender cannot cancel * results with evade

tokens or other added ~ results, such as from C-3PO,

when attacked with Autoblaster (see “Dice Results” on

page 8)."

It is completely impossible to defend against AC+Autoblaster if it has a shot on you.

Looking at some other stuff in the FAQ, it seems like you could fire Cluster Missiles, hit with the first attack, miss with the second, and use that to trigger Gunner for a final primary attack.

Edited by Tipperary

I prefer to think of it as damaging the weapon battery.

I like the idea of that dirty rebel scum smuggler having crudely welded a different cannon on top of his original in such a poor fashion that he actually blocked the original weapon so it can't fire. The crit simply blowes his substandard job off the original gun thus freeing the lane so it can now fire without damaging his precious cannon "upgrade".

while noting this, one thing should also be made clear in case there is any confusion, if the decimator has 0 (not including the lone pilot ability or ysanne isguard) agility and has the reduced agility crit effect on it. it will still have 0 agility at range 3 or behind an asteroid

this came up in a game with a friend a couple of weeks ago

Edited by executor

while noting this, one thing should also be made clear in case there is any confusion, if the decimator has 0 (not including the lone pilot ability or ysanne isguard) agility and has the reduced agility crit effect on it. it will still have 0 agility at range 3 or behind an asteroid.

It may have 0 agility, but it will still roll a defence die. The obstacle and range aren't agility modifiers, they are just extra dice. The critical hit will reduce the agility to -1, which then resets to 0 since we can't have a negative number, and then you roll dice equal to your agility (in this case 0) and add extra dice for range and/or obstacles.

Edited by DR4CO