Gizlivadi

So, are we getting any previews ever?

Something is obviously wrong. Either at production, or development. Could be also delivery.

Someone else thinks they maybe try to chage sailing and/or ship enemies? We obviously only have 1 quest to feature sailing, but it seemed to have some flaws.

The big Problem for me is, that the best way to Play the sailing quest is to ignore every ship enemie. Keeping threat below their Engagement cost and staying at the best heading allows to fully Focus on questing and ignore combat.

I don't think Things will stay this way (FFG should have seen after 2 test Plays that you can just quest through the first quest) as the next 2 quest look like we have to fight enemies on ships to win, but the remaining quests might not have "forced" ship combat and FFG could try Change that.

Something is obviously wrong. Either at production, or development. Could be also delivery.

Someone else thinks they maybe try to chage sailing and/or ship enemies? We obviously only have 1 quest to feature sailing, but it seemed to have some flaws.

The big Problem for me is, that the best way to Play the sailing quest is to ignore every ship enemie. Keeping threat below their Engagement cost and staying at the best heading allows to fully Focus on questing and ignore combat.

I don't think Things will stay this way (FFG should have seen after 2 test Plays that you can just quest through the first quest) as the next 2 quest look like we have to fight enemies on ships to win, but the remaining quests might not have "forced" ship combat and FFG could try Change that.

Don't they design all quests before finishing the deluxe though? Anyway, that first sailing quest may not be in the greatest ever, but it's a perfectly fine and playable quest. A dedicated questing deck should be able to win without engaging occasionally, and I doubt you'll be able to avoid all combat consistently (i.e. in a majority of playthroughs).

I played the quest 4 times (3x solo 1x duo) and every time it was no problem to avoid the ships. The decks were made for that with starting threats 5-10 points below engagement cost. A little threat reduction and you are good to go, as the quest takes 4-6 rounds to finish. Coming from lost realm/angmar awakend/land of shadow it is such a hard change of power. Everything engagement cost over 30, no real punishment for leaving enemies in the staging area...

I agree the quest is perfectly playable, but it is on the easier side as, in my opinion, the complete box, what is not bad, as especially new Players don't need much to hold their ground. I just have the fear that ship enemies will stay this way: Keep them in the staging area, better quest hard than fight, when no effects force you to engage them.

This just downright sucks now... please ffg give us anything, new nightmare announcements, flame of the west announcement, 5th pack in the cycle announcement, second breakfast for Flight of the stormcaller, hell even just a strategy or deck building article that gives us some sample decks you guys have designed or suggest trying out for The Grey Havens and Stormcaller cycle would be awesome and would give us something to discuss....at the very least tell us whats going on with Flight of the Stormcaller...

This game is like crack for some of us and we need our fix!!!

No game previews may be forthcoming, but I did find this short piece from NPR about Tolkein's only-recently-published translation of a Finnish epic, Story of Kullervo: http://www.npr.org/2016/04/10/471619609/frodo-bilbo-kullervo-tolkiens-finnish-adventure. Apparently (new to me, anyway), this Finnish hero Kullervo was the inspiration for Turin Turambar of the First Age.

My guess is that they discovered a printing problem with Flight of the Stormcaller - maybe some of the cards got the wrong backs, or some of the cards were missing crucial text - and they worked with the printer to get the pack re-printed. In the meantime, given the delay of the first pack in the cycle, they've put a freeze on the rest of the cycle, including preview articles.

Also, Flame of the West has nothing to do with the main cycle.

Same with nightmare. Same with announcing the next cycle. 

Also a delay like this wouldn't stop them from doing a second breakfast where they just give us a taster of the quest and what the mechanics might be based on or similar to. It doesn't have to be a week out that they release second breakfast... they can do it whenever and it isn't really time sensitive as they never spoil actual cards in second breakfast and when they do its like one or two cards tops and encounter cards not player ones.  

mmm... Flight of the Stormcaller has been updated on the Upcoming page, but it's still on the boat?? Is this a fresh shipment from the printer (I hope not, the wait is killing me...) or is this a sign it will be here soon?? The plot thickens... @_@

I was about to make a thread titled "So, are we getting any cards ever?" but maybe it's better to keep that discussion here.

Caleb, Matt and the art director sure do a great job, but with each passing day I wish this game was being made by anyone BUT FFG. They just never deliver, on time at least.

I was about to make a thread titled "So, are we getting any cards ever?" but maybe it's better to keep that discussion here.

Caleb, Matt and the art director sure do a great job, but with each passing day I wish this game was being made by anyone BUT FFG. They just never deliver, on time at least.

FFG does have a tendency to make some bad decisions. Like cancelling Battlelore for example, (but not telling anyone that they cancelled it). I hate their inane secrecy. I should become a playtester for every game just so that I don't have to deal with the secrecy. My guess is that there will be one more cycle after this, and the final Saga will be released at Gencon 2017, followed by the final packs in cycle 7 to end the game around Worlds 2017. Then we get to work on the legacy project. I've got quite a few plans already for organizing it.

And then, my Runebound LCG I have been designing forever will get accepted by LCG and published! :P

Yeah right.

I felt like taking a moment between news posts to pause and remember.

*Lights a candle*

May it be many moons before this thread becomes necro'd and relevant again.

Well, necro-ing it yourself doesn't really help. Anyways, I think we'll soon get a new Preview for Flame of the West, and that makes me very excited.

Wasn't there one recently?

That was just art for what appears to be Beregond.

Well, necro-ing it yourself doesn't really help. Anyways, I think we'll soon get a new Preview for Flame of the West, and that makes me very excited.

Wasn't there one recently?

That was just art for what appears to be Beregond.

No, there was a preview. About Pellonor fields. A week or so ago.