Gizlivadi

So, are we getting any previews ever?

332 posts in this topic

This is getting mildly annoying. The last actual news article was published in the 3rd of November. It's been more than 2 months. I will not talk about other LCG's since they seem to be completely out of sync with ours (SW just got their new expansion while we'll get ours presumably late March), but seriously, is there anything that the designers can preview at this point? It seems like this is the "dry season" for LOTR LCG, and I understand they don't want to prevew stuff too much ahead of time, but we already got our announcements. Is a little preview too much to ask?

I hope the next cycle's previews start to show up soon. The Treason of Saruman and The Lost Realm are both "at the printers", so I would expect to see more about the cycle before TLR is "on the boat".

Last year i were always waiting for new previews or spoilers as i call them as most of you. But now actually not since when i got the last three shadow cycle packs, i didn't know almost anything of those packs and the feeling of seeing new heroes, player -and encounter cards were much better, than opening new pack knowing all cards inside of it.

To each of it's own. While you can simply don't watch the spoilers to prevent this  lack of opening new pack experience, we, the people who eager to see new previews, cannot unwrap news that do not exist.

Agree. If you don't want spoilers, don't look at them. Assuming these expansions come in March, I'll not be having them in my hands until al least early May, so any kind of preview article by the designers is very welcome for my part.

Ah yes, I forgot that the arrival schedule for products is as reliable as difficulty ratings for quests. It seems it'll be July or even August for me then...

Speaking of difficulty ratings...

Does anybody know why they are so wrong most of the time???

1) they are very subjective, so they'll never be consistent anyway.

2) our own ratings are largely based off of comparison to other quests, and in the cases of the earlier quests, they didn't know about the quests that would be coming afterward, so they couldn't compare the difficulty ratings.

3) as the card pool grows, every quest gets easier, so our perception of the first cycle's difficulty is skewed compared to what it was when the quests came out.

4) some quests can be extremely easy if you tailor your deck for it and extremely difficult if you don't.

5) for practically all quests, the difficulty changes dramatically for different numbers of players, so a single difficulty rating can't account for all 4 variations in player numbers.

danpoage, Nickpes and lecudas like this

Speaking of difficulty ratings...

Does anybody know why they are so wrong most of the time???

Because to rate something with something as precise as a number in this matters is a giant failure, as the expereince will hugely vary with the number of players and the deck constitution. They should've taken "rough" approach: easy/normal/hard.

joezim007 and Rapier1 like this

I'm relatively new to the game...in the last couple of years roughly how many deluxe expansions/adv packs come out in a year? Is the goal a new exp or ap each month? Or is it less than that?

I'm relatively new to the game...in the last couple of years roughly how many deluxe expansions/adv packs come out in a year? Is the goal a new exp or ap each month? Or is it less than that?

The goal is a new pack each month but it usually turns out that we get 1 Deluxe box, 6 Adventure Packs, 1 Saga box and a print on demand GenCon quest each year which is about 9 new products each year (excluding Nightmare packs).

Thanks for the replies... Maybe this year we'll luck our way into 2 saga expansions with ToS (hopefully) coming early in the year.

One other question...how does this compare to other LCG release schedules?

Maybe they put too much attention on nightmare decks in the second half of 2014, I hope they can focus on the deluxe, saga and AP.

Theme and stories are more important than strength of encounter decks.

Maybe they put too much attention on nightmare decks in the second half of 2014, I hope they can focus on the deluxe, saga and AP.

Theme and stories are more important than strength of encounter decks.

I know somebody that disagrees with that and then secondly, strong encounter decks can go with theme and stories or visa versa, it's not one or the other, but I see your point. Then again, I don't think that they were putting more attention to the nightmare decks, as for this game, the new AP's etc. (everything) has already been planned way ahead.

Wow still nothing, for some reason I thought they'd whip together an article with some spoilers for the first AP of Angmar Awakened or even just more spoilers for Treason of Isengard OR The Lost Realm just to increase morale and breathe some new life into the forums.

Don't despair!

Wastes of Eriador is scheduled for delivery in the second quarter of 2015 and Escape from Mount Gram is scheduled for release "early in the second quarter" of 2015.  So I think we'll get them both in the next two weeks!

:P