Sign in to follow this  
Conandoodle

Proof of Purchase tokens

Sirs and Sirettes,

I recently acquired my Aces packs that I purchased for myself for Christmas. Once my nergasm subsided I realised that there was a Proof of Purchase token on the cardboard inserts. I haven't kept any others (nor was even aware of them prior to opening the aces packs last night).  

Are these important? 

Do you guys/gals keep them?

Are/were they on previous releases? 

I recall in the good ol' days of SW action figures (and GI Joes too), you collected a bunch and mailed them off to receive unique promotional items. Does/will FFG do this?

Are these important? 

No idea.

Do you guys/gals keep them?

Yes I do. Just like I keep all excess tokens and unique pilot cards.

Are/were they on previous releases? 

Don't know about the dice pack. Every other X-Wing product had one from the very beginning.

I think I kept all of them, but most of it is just the hoarder in me. ;)

without them you cant prove you purchased them

practically speaking they are as much of a proof as any unique item of an expansion - at least I can't remember having additional serial numbers.

So they are not that much use in cases where you need to proof that you actually bought something.

the best application I can think of is for yourself to keep track of which expansions you got, e.g. if you want to supply a list builder with your fleet while having lost overview on you ships.

If u have a defective, damaged or lost  product, part, or card or need to request a replacement from Fantasy Flight Games. You will need the proof of purchase to show u actually own the product.

If u have a defective, damaged or lost  product, part, or card or need to request a replacement from Fantasy Flight Games. You will need the proof of purchase to show u actually own the product.

I've gotten stuff from them without it (thankfully!).   I used to keep them, but as the collection kept growing, I started to chuck them.  I sure hope I don't need them.

Not true.  I got a replaced B-Wing from and all I did was send a picture of the busted ship.

Just as the above.

When some of my items were accidentally damaged FFG asked for photos of the damage and proof of purchase.

Then they sent replacements.

they might ask for it, if they enforce it is an other question.

But practically there isn't a difference between a photo from your damaged ship to a photo from your "damaged ship + the token".

(at least if they don't ask you to actually sent the token to them (i.e. as barter currency) )

as long as people don't keep the proof of purchase in a safe - separated from your actual x-wing stuff - in all likelihood someone will have the "proof" as well as the token if he got it "somehow" (expect when the original buyer tossed it ;) )

I have traditionally used mine as the differential tokens (the numbers you put on the base).

Now that Scum is coming out, I'll almost always play with the "Proof of Purchase" as my flagship for the fleet.

"Proof of Purchase" also works well as name for a smuggler ship

Just as the above.

When some of my items were accidentally damaged FFG asked for photos of the damage and proof of purchase.

Then they sent replacements.

I've had a few things replaced

Ships, and dial.

Never once did they ask me for the pop

Just sent them a picture or explained about losing a dial.

Best customer service I've ever seen.

If only other companies follower suit

I agree with the above. FFG should so have a Koku system like Legend of the Five Rings :) .

Why does L5R continue to haunt me?

Cause the Hida are looking for you.

I agree with the above. FFG should so have a Koku system like Legend of the Five Rings :) .

Why does L5R continue to haunt me?

Cause the Hida are looking for you.

or because like Bayushi Shoju, your service in the clan does not end in death...

Just do all of us a favor, if you ever find yourself talking and/or listening to a sword, ignore it and lock it away...

Edited by sc077y