Sign in to follow this  
jjohnson111

Denver CO, Casual Play @ the Wizards Chest

Tomorrow night at the Wizard's Chest join us for X-Wing Miniatures Casual Play, starting at 6:30. We typically run until 9:30-10, and we are a friendly group who would happily teach new people to play the game if one was so inclined to join us!

We will be there each Wednesday at the same time, same place, so if you can't play this week, there is always another chance!

In the future if support grows in our group for other games such as Armada (when released later this year) or Imperial Assault (which was recently released) we could also look into playing those games too!

Leave a comment if you have any questions, or you may message me directly too.

And if you haven't already, and are on Facebook, find the Colorado X-Wing group, where news is posted, but also general event news in the Colorado area too!

Hope to see you there!

Edited by jjohnson111

Hi, i visit Denver very irregularly, but would love to get a game or two in when I do. Do you frequently visit these forums? Because I could drop a message here when I'm in town.

Cheers!

-edit- my bad! Saw you have a Facebook page. Will check that out. Mental note to self: read the WHOLE post before replying :-)

Edited by FalseError

What do you mean by make-up?  

We have people who come and play X-Wing :)

We've only had adults thus far play...but I wouldn't rule anything out personally.  We just started playing Wednesdays about a month ago, so it's a small-ish group.  Working on growing it slowly but surely.  The holidays made it hard to schedule, but I think we'll start gaining some traction with all that behind us.

Hi all, looks like I will be visiting Denver the next couple of days. I'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon and will try to get to the Wizard's Chest by 7pm, maybe a bit later. I'll be jetlagged out of my mind so if I prove to be a pushover that will be my excuse :).

Hope to meet some of you and play a couple of games tomorrow.

See you then!

-Alex

Awesome, sounds good!  Parking is available behind the shop - so make sure you check that out.  If immediate parking behind the shop is not available, park in the M&T "reserved" bank spots that are back there too.  They are available for our use after hours that the bank is not open.

Have a safe flight!

The bus is safe, it just quits around 10 - 10:30pm in most cases. Although, the route from downtown to Cherry Creek may still run that late, it's been a while since I looked.

Hoi jjon! Do you suppose that anyone would have a problem with me running some proxies this Wed.? The only thing I've been playing lately is my tourney list and I'd enjoy some variety. Or maybe we could organize a more non traditional match? I am just feeling like I want something a bit different ya know? If not that's cool too of course.

Edited by Futant420

I have proxies too and I started playing with them this past weekend for the same reason as you: variety.  I doubt most people would mind, but lets play it by ear and see how people want to go.  Some of us may not be 100% up to speed on the new stuff yet :P

I had loads of fun, although I had my behind handed to me ;-)

Hope to be back soon!

-edit- As luck would have it I will be visiting Denver again on the 22nd of February. Which is, sadly, a Sunday. Do you guys know of any gaming going on on that day? Would love to get a few games in!

Edited by FalseError

The only other casual night I could point you towards on the weekends would be the group meeting up at Tradesmart, in Littleton.  Typically they play Saturdays there - but I know they didn't play last Saturday and I don't think they will be there this Saturday with the store championship going on tomorrow at the Wizards Chest.  

Other than that, I am not aware of any weekend casual gaming going on!  Hopefully Tradesmart is close enough for you to come play!

Hoi stelar! What side of town are you trying to get a game in? This weekend is not good for me due to the SC, but I might be able to get together for a game next weekend, if you'd like. Otherwise, I'd say come down and play this Saturday but I'm pretty sure the tourney is full.

Thanks Futant,

I don't actually have a set time, I'd have tried to crash something regular, still thinking on how to get to the Wed thing. It might happen. This weekend is shot for me, wife was called into work. Next weekend is valentines, so shot for a similar wifey reason. I am glad to know other folks are out here. I will show up at something, sometime..just can't say when.

I made a new thread to keep track of all information in 1 place for Colorado X-Wing gaming.  I hope it will be helpful with all the links I put in, and I will continue to monitor and update this thread too.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/134447-your-guide-to-playing-x-wing-in-colorado/