Sign in to follow this  
widgren

AT-ST painted

thanks guys! the armour is primed uniform grey (armypainter), washed all over with nuln oil(GW) and lightly drybrushed with grey primer for airbrush(vallejo). armypainter strong tone wash is used to enhance shadows and do pin-washes. chipping is black paint stippled with a teared sponge at exposed corners. the chips are highligted with a thin line underneath each chip. i used the same light grey as for the dry brushing. thats about it. the chipping is really easy and really effective at giving the weathered look. try it!:)

no secrets:)

Widgren : Can you give us any insight into the markings you used?  I am guessing it is some form of Unit Designator (?)

I am curious because I am looking for a way to distinguish my Storm Troopers into squads for IA.  I am also planning to add some type of Designators to my Star Destroyers in Armada.

Thanks!

Widgren : Can you give us any insight into the markings you used? I am guessing it is some form of Unit Designator (?)

I am curious because I am looking for a way to distinguish my Storm Troopers into squads for IA. I am also planning to add some type of Designators to my Star Destroyers in Armada.

Thanks!

Searching on the internet, I cannot find anything in relation to squad markings....in fact the opposite all storm troopers look identical with the exception of storm trooper commanders, who wear the same armour with blue markings. Edited by QuestsofLegend

I couldnt find any unit markings so I invented some that look star warsy but arent to in you face. I like the look of them but they are not canon. i will distinguish my storm trooper by adding distinguishing but neutral things to their bases. such as grass/rubble/plants. ill use a uniform base of flock, bushes, sand and gravel with the accents as markings.