Sign in to follow this  
SmartCookie

Painting the Imperial Assault Minis

These look great. I went for the "realistic"/(over)washed look for the stormtroopers but seeing yours made me wonder if I should have kept mine a little bit cleaner...

Love seeing all these painting topics. It's really inspiring.

These look great. I went for the "realistic"/(over)washed look for the stormtroopers but seeing yours made me wonder if I should have kept mine a little bit cleaner...

Love seeing all these painting topics. It's really inspiring.

Thank you for the kind words.

I, as a painter, am in the "less is more" camp when it comes to shading and especially when it comes to the Stormtroopers this seems ti have paid off.

Another route could be to differentiate squads from the level of shading. The elites could be the most "dirty" ones.

Beautiful! I was inspired to start painting mine as well. I use Vallejo paints, which work well as well. It becomes really fun when you really dive deep into it and blast some Star Wars music while painting. I prefer not to start playing this game until all figs are done with paint.

Vallejo or GW's paint doesn't really matter as long as you always make sure the paint is thin enough.

Yes, the Star Wars music in the background is a must.