Sign in to follow this  
MajorJuggler

2015 Store Championship Results

Terrible turn out to the local SC this year.

Pegasus Gaming, Queensland, Australia

6 players

3 rounds - no cut

I won the SC with Chiraneu & Echo.

Regionals are not being help locally this year. Not sure I'm going to be bothered (or able) to go. Though I did see that Morgan Reid is hoping to be there, that might make it worth going however.

Cheers

Edited by DarkFather

Excellent turnout at Rook's in Bozeman, MT yesterday. 22 people, 5 rounds and a cut to top eight. Final rounds untimed, though I think all games were less than an hour.

1st place:

3x Blue squad

2x Bandit squad

2nd place:

Wes Jansen

Keyan Farlander, opportunist

Jake Farrel, [unknown upgrade, sorry]

Tala

Top four:

Darth Vader, engine upgrade, assault missiles, ruthlessness

Soontir Fell, targeting computer, push the limit

Carnor Jax

Blue squad, HLC, FCS

Blue squad, HLC, FCS

Blue squad, FCS

Tala

Top 8 included 2 double aggressor lists, AAXXYY, and Keyan/Ibtism/Biggs

Interestingly, there were zero phantoms, and only one each of the big turret ships. Lots of B-wings, in a variety of formations.

My PBKW results are not officially in the Listjuggler system.  I can't seem to be able to input the information, but I have it posted here.  I can't seem to delete the old entries or edit them. 

sorted this out with heychadwick, he is gtg :-) 

This list won our SC in Fresno, CA (3/14/15):Syndicate Thug x4-R4-Ion Cannon Turret-BTL-A418 players, 4 Swiss, top 8, 65 min roundsWe're all calling it "Thug Life". Hopefully, our T.O. will post all the other details soon.

I have had that list in my Starter List Guide for a while now, but I think I will use your name for it, since I think your store was the first to win a Store Championship with it.  :)

A 4Y list has won a store champ. Straight through to World's.

Welcome to Thug Life.

The most fear ship in the meta.

The PS2 Syndicate Thug Y Wing.

It was certainly the first reported on here to win a SC. The SC at Dark Side Comics in Sarasota FL. Also was won by the same squad on March 7th. Still waiting for the tournament results to be posted by the TO.

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I really miss the old "Results threads" that has the complete statistics up top in the very first post - e.g. the percentage of Store Champs that featured a TIE Phantom, the percentage of Rebel builds that featured 3+ ships, etc.

Busy writing my dissertation, will update later but it won't be for another couple of months!

I understand.  Perhaps someone else could do some stat aggregating and analysis?  

GAME KASTLE in Fremont, CA Store Championships, started 2/15/2015, Top 8 finished on 3/15/2015.  Up to Wave 5 only.

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=272

My Battle Report:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/138085-store-championship-report-aka-how-i-got-a-funky-list-to-the-final-table/

I can't get the results to format correctly and after trying 3-4 different image hosting links that don't work, I'm posting the image of the results here.  Anyone know where is a good image hosting site (I have OneDrive, DropBox, and some random PostImage free site links, none of them work) to share images on this forum?

Top 8 Matches:

1. BJ def Jason

2. Bernie def Nathan

3. Daniel def Martin

4. Eric def Dave

Top 4 Matches:

1. Eric def BJ

2. Bernie def Daniel

Final Match:

Eric def Bernie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xf1xxyrqdbfb30/Game%20Kastle%20Final%20Results%202015.jpg?dl=0

The Fresno Crazy Game Store SC list was published on the facebook side for our group, but here is the complete listing thanks to our TO.

In total, we had 18 players, including 7 Rebels, 7 Scum, and 4 Imperials.

Scum and Villainy owned the day, taking all four top spots!

------------------------------

1st Place - Clay G. (6th seed after Swiss) (dungeonfish)

Squadron: Y-Wing Scum Swarm

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

2nd Place - Garrett J. (1st seed after Swiss) (Me)

Squadron: StarViper & Firespray

Guri (30)

*Virago (1)

*Sensor Jammer (4)

*Hot Shot Blaster (3)

*Lone Wolf (2)

*Authothrusters (2)

42 pts

Kath Scarlet (38)

*Push the Limit (3)

*Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

*K4 Security Droid (3)

*Hot Shot Blaster (3)

*Engine Upgrade (4)

58 pts

Good work Garrett.  That looks like a fun list, especially since I just flew a similar Kath.  Never thought about putting Guri as the 2nd ship since I'm enjoying the new boba a little too much. :)

The Fresno Crazy Game Store SC list was published on the facebook side for our group, but here is the complete listing thanks to our TO.

In total, we had 18 players, including 7 Rebels, 7 Scum, and 4 Imperials.

Scum and Villainy owned the day, taking all four top spots!

1st Place - Clay G. (6th seed after Swiss) (dungeonfish)

Squadron: Y-Wing Scum Swarm

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

Syndicate Thug (18)

* BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

* Ion Cannon Turret (5)

* R4 Aggromech (2)

25 pts

2nd Place - Garrett J. (1st seed after Swiss) (Me)

Squadron: StarViper & Firespray

Guri (30)

*Virago (1)

*Sensor Jammer (4)

*Hot Shot Blaster (3)

*Lone Wolf (2)

*Authothrusters (2)

42 pts

Kath Scarlet (38)

*Push the Limit (3)

*Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

*K4 Security Droid (3)

*Hot Shot Blaster (3)

*Engine Upgrade (4)

58 pts

Good work Garrett.  That looks like a fun list, especially since I just flew a similar Kath.  Never thought about putting Guri as the 2nd ship since I'm enjoying the new boba a little too much. :)

6 players

3 rounds - no cut

Regionals are not being help locally this year. Not sure I'm going to be bothered (or able) to go. Though I did see that Morgan Reid is hoping to be there, that might make it worth going however.

Cheers

Shame about the turn out, is that Bundaberg though as I wouldn't have thought you guys would have a large player base would you?

I just booked my flights for the QLD Regionals and I'm flattered that I might influence your decision to go! I'm looking forward to getting up there and meeting everyone, getting some games then having a few beers after.

Edited by MorganR

6 players

3 rounds - no cut

Cheers

Shame about the turn out, is that Bundaberg though as I wouldn't have thought you guys would have a large player base would you?

I just booked my flights for the QLD Regionals and I'm flattered that I might influence your decision to go! I'm looking forward to getting up there and meeting everyone, getting some games then having a few beers after.

Bundy can get good numbers (not earth shatteringly good though). It's not unknown for us to get 15+ players. But this latest tourney had a bit of politics and other stuff that hampered it. Which is unfortunate. I don't even know if Chris Haak is going to be hitting the Regionals this year. Will have to wait and see. I haven't seen him move an x-wing mini in a game for ... over a month now.

If money and my 501st duties allow it, I'll do my best to head up there. I know a couple of guys from Maryborough/Hervey Bay are going to be going.

Cheers

This list won our SC in Fresno, CA (3/14/15):

Syndicate Thug x4

-R4

-Ion Cannon Turret

-BTL-A4

18 players, 4 Swiss, top 8, 65 min rounds

We're all calling it "Thug Life". Hopefully, our T.O. will post all the other details soon.

Im so glad someone else won with 4 y-wings!

I really hope that ship starts getting the respect it deserves :)

Syndicate Thug x4

-R4

-Ion Cannon Turret

-BTL-A4

We're all calling it "Thug Life". Hopefully, our T.O. will post all the other details soon.

I can report that the same list won the Store championship in Sarasota as well. It beat a list of Kath and 4 Pirates in Z-95s. 

Syndicate Thug x4

-R4

-Ion Cannon Turret

-BTL-A4

I can report that the same list won the Store championship in Sarasota as well. It beat a list of Kath and 4 Pirates in Z-95s.

Fought that 4 ywing squad in game 4 of Swiss. It is incredibly brutal if you can't get around the y's. I've been incorporating 2 ywings loaded out the same way in my current s&v squad.

I would've thought that it was east to avoid the flight path of the Y-wings.  Is the danger that you get ionized and then blasted to pieces?

If flown well its hard to get past the wall of y wings. The danger is from the main attack and then the follow up ion attack. I watched it handle lots of various builds rather easily. 

I would've thought that it was east to avoid the flight path of the Y-wings.  Is the danger that you get ionized and then blasted to pieces?

If flown well its hard to get past the wall of y wings. The danger is from the main attack and then the follow up ion attack. I watched it handle lots of various builds rather easily. 

I think 4 Rebel BTL-A4 Y-Wings would not be able to do as well as the S&V ones due to not having access to R4 Agromech.

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I really miss the old "Results threads" that has the complete statistics up top in the very first post - e.g. the percentage of Store Champs that featured a TIE Phantom, the percentage of Rebel builds that featured 3+ ships, etc.

Busy writing my dissertation, will update later but it won't be for another couple of months!

I understand.  Perhaps someone else could do some stat aggregating and analysis?  

Stmack did a good wave 5 review here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/137702-wave-5-stats-recap/

"1 R3-A2 is worth 2 R4s"

I would disagree if we are talking about the BTL-A4 Y-Wings with ICT.  It's not even a contest.  Scum Warthogs with R4 are scary ships.  High hp, high damage, modifiers for both attacks, and control.

But without title (1 attack per round), R3-A2 is a bit better.

"1 R3-A2 is worth 2 R4s"

I would disagree if we are talking about the BTL-A4 Y-Wings with ICT.  It's not even a contest.  Scum Warthogs with R4 are scary ships.  High hp, high damage, modifiers for both attacks, and control.

But without title (1 attack per round), R3-A2 is a bit better.

we're talking about two completely different ship roles

ICT + R3-A2 is a specialized control ship that farts out its own ion + stress combo. ICT + Title + R4 Aggro is just a right scary bugger.

There's no real way to draw a straight comparison as to which is "better" because they're seeking to acomplish different things and fill different needs for different squadrons within different factions

Edited by ficklegreendice

Rebels could also try Dutch(R5-K6)+3 Golds.

While R5-k6 sorta sucks, at least it is a 3/8 chance to give dutch a second modifier (and let him pass a second TL to another hog) which if he gets it he then has an additional 3/8 chance to pass a 3rd TL to his wingman not as reliable as R4s but it certainly isn't horrible in my opinion.

Everyone would have a TL and the Golds could all be focused as well (of course this scenario only works roughly 1/8th of the time until Dutch dies and of course he is target #1)

And every enemy would focus Dutch as he has the "shoot me" sign painted on him...

(Edit: Oh I'm captain obvious and overlooked it has already been mentioned, my bad.)

Scum Ys don't have that vulnerability.

Edited by Kroc

Took 3rd place last week-end at the Brussels Outpost Store Championship (36 players, 5 rounds of swiss, no cut), TO was using cryodex so I'll see if he can upload the results.

More info in French : http://www.sw-xwing.com/t3508-BELGIQUE-SC-de-Bruxelles-le-01-03.htm?start=100#p60036

Winner Falconarusa:Falconarusa

Agressor B and C
IG-2000 - Mangler canon - Push the Limit - Advanced Sensor - Autothruster - Inertial Dampeners.

98 pts

debrief in French here: http://www.sw-xwing.com/t3934-D-brief-Vainqueur-Store-Championship-Brussels-2015.htm#p59922

Second Lorccan:

Krassis + HLC + Reco + seismic charge

- 2 Tie-Bomber scim + seismic charge

- Tie Backstabber.

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/210023/bsc-15---lorccan-squad

I was flying:

Biggs

Blue squadron, FCS, E2, tactician

Gold squadron, A4, ICT, R3A2

Gold squadron, A4, ICT

The gold with R3A2 was definetly the MVP for me, the ability to double stress at range 1-2 was invaluable. The ion effect was also pretty handy.