Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Brogger

What new characters would you like to come in future expansions ?

89 posts in this topic

pic76690_lg.jpg

Wardancer is also a cool character to play.

If you think that you are to weak against a enemy or character , then you can charge to add two points to your scoregran_risa.gif

crimhead said:

I've never played 3rd ed, so I'd like to see characters from that.  Chaos Warrior would be cool. 

Here is the chaos warrior gui%C3%B1o.gif

pic368576_lg.jpg

The Chaos Warrior is very strong and one of my favorites ! gran_risa.gifgran_risa.gif

His ability is better than the Dark cultist ( if you roll bad and not get a strength or craft token) depends on luck..

If FFG will publish the Chaos warrior, i wonder what for ability will be added

Mr. Brogger said:

pic368578_lg.jpg

Fire Wizard is very good with the fireball spellcool.gif

But the spell is better than the 2th/4th edition i think.

In third edition you get a +3 for strength if you cast fireball and you can keep it as a trophy ! gran_risa.gif

The fireball spell in 2th/4th edition is worthless unless you only want to get rid of a enemy/creature without getting a trophy for it

Velhart said:

crimhead said:

Sprite Sprite Sprite sprite Sprite!

Please please please please!

I've never played 3rd ed, so I'd like to see characters from that.  Chaos Warrior would be cool. 

There is no Sprite in third editionsad.gifsad.gif

I wasn't clear.  I meant I'd like to see some characters from 3rd edition which weren't available in 2nd edition (so Sprite wouldn't qualify even if she had been in 3rd), but that mostly I just want to see the Sprite back (from 2nd edition) regardless.

I like to see brand new characters too!

crimhead said:

Velhart said:

crimhead said:

Sprite Sprite Sprite sprite Sprite!

Please please please please!

There is no Sprite in third editionsad.gifsad.gif

I wasn't clear.  I meant I'd like to see some characters from 3rd edition which weren't available in 2nd edition (so Sprite wouldn't qualify even if she had been in 3rd), but that mostly I just want to see the Sprite back (from 2nd edition) regardless.

I like to see brand new characters too!

got it ! gui%C3%B1o.gif

I have never play with the Sprite, so i hope also that she is included in one of the expansions for 4th revised edition.

I wonder what the abilities are from the Chaos Sorcerer...

pic368578_lg.jpg

If you take a good look at the staff from the Fire Wizard,

It looks like he is holding the Wand of Dragon Fire or the Rod of Dragon Fire !!

Mr. Brogger said:

Could anyone tell me the Orc ability from 3rd. edition ?

please serio.gif

Hi Mr. Broger,

The black Orc special abilities are:

1. Take a broadswordfrom the purchase card deck at the start of the game.

2. You need not roll the dice in the crags unless you wish to. If you choose to roll, you must accept the result.

3. When you encounter an orc, goblin, or a wolf, you may take them as a follower. They will fight with you in your next battle, adding their strenght to your own for that battle only. After the battle they march off to the discard pile.

4. you are unaffected by the siren.

This is it, hope that helphappy.gif

Cheer

Hi Old Master,

Can you tell me what the Chaos Sorcerer is saying.happy.gif

I don't own the third edition myself, so i cannot take a look at itsad.gif

Velhart said:

Hi Old Master,

Hi Velhart,

Hummm. the chaos sorcerer...

Great evil alignment

1. You begin the game with 2 spells.

2. You may use experience points to gain spells. For every 7 experience points that you discard you gain one spell.

This character was also a source of arguments, since in 3rd edition you could "trade" 7 experience points for 1 life, 1 craft, 1 strenght or 1 spell, this second ability was debate as: do you still take a spell even if you don't have enough craft  for it, or you get a spell on top of 1 life, 1craft or 1 strenght, and so on. Anyway to make the story short it was Chaoticllorando.gif

I really hope things will be clearer for this character when he make a comeback in 4 er.

Cheer

The Beastman is a lame character. in Warhammer they were toughness 4 and had 2 lives - they were pretty much the toughest 'normal' figther around. But the talisman beastman has no toughness type skills! Tut tut.

Totally new characters would be awesome! Especially a character that has a specially ability themed around fate... but it's hard to think of a character type that is not already a character/stranger/monster.

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Hi Old Master,

Hi Velhart,

Hummm. the chaos sorcerer...

Great evil alignment

1. You begin the game with 2 spells.

2. You may use experience points to gain spells. For every 7 experience points that you discard you gain one spell.

This character was also a source of arguments, since in 3rd edition you could "trade" 7 experience points for 1 life, 1 craft, 1 strenght or 1 spell, this second ability was debate as: do you still take a spell even if you don't have enough craft  for it, or you get a spell on top of 1 life, 1craft or 1 strenght, and so on. Anyway to make the story short it was Chaoticllorando.gif

I really hope things will be clearer for this character when he make a comeback in 4 er.

Cheer

Hi Old Master,

It is not said in the rules that you can take a spell card for every 7 experience pointspreocupado.gif

But it is still a heavy trade.

You may not take a spell card if you have not enought crafthappy.gif

But if i remember right.. ( you don't get many spell cards in third edition)

But are that the only 2 abilties from the Chaos Sorcerersorpresa.gif

I hope then that he will be updated in the next expansions for revised edition !sad.gif

In 4th edition revised, you have more chances to get spells ! gran_risa.gif

Hi Velhart,

To be more specific, the discution was  "do you pick a spell card anyway and discard another spell card as stated in the rule or do you not take a spell card like state on the character card and do not discard a spell"

The 7 experience point for 1 spell is a character ability ( I've type the phrase exactly as on the character sheet as this is not a rule from the rule pages but from the character card)happy.gif

The rule on the "how to play" sheet mention that "quote" experience points may be exchane at any time for an extra strenght, craft, gold or life counter. You gain one counter for every seven experience point discarded. you may choose which type of counter to take."end quote"

So this ability is pretty lame if you only get the added choice of "spell" to the other one! But if you read it as you get a spell + 1 stenght or 1 craft or 1 gold or 1 live, then this character is more interestinggran_risa.gif

I didn't made myself clear the last time and I appologies for it, but I didn't want to go to deep on something not related to this topic.

Cheer

Old Master said:

Hi Velhart,

To be more specific, the discution was  "do you pick a spell card anyway and discard another spell card as stated in the rule or do you not take a spell card like state on the character card and do not discard a spell"

The 7 experience point for 1 spell is a character ability ( I've type the phrase exactly as on the character sheet as this is not a rule from the rule pages but from the character card)happy.gif

The rule on the "how to play" sheet mention that "quote" experience points may be exchane at any time for an extra strenght, craft, gold or life counter. You gain one counter for every seven experience point discarded. you may choose which type of counter to take."end quote"

So this ability is pretty lame if you only get the added choice of "spell" to the other one! But if you read it as you get a spell + 1 stenght or 1 craft or 1 gold or 1 live, then this character is more interestinggran_risa.gif

I didn't made myself clear the last time and I appologies for it, but I didn't want to go to deep on something not related to this topic.

Cheer

Hi Old master,

I think that the player who plays the Chaos Sorcerer will always choose for a strength or craft token instead of a spell card.

If i look to the ability, then it is not really a character that i want to play.sad.gif

I really hope that FFG will bring the character back with better ability's.

Velhart said:

Old Master said:

Hi Velhart,

Cheer

Hi Old master,

I think that the player who plays the Chaos Sorcerer will always choose for a strength or craft token instead of a spell card.

If i look to the ability, then it is not really a character that i want to play.sad.gif

I really hope that FFG will bring the character back with better ability's.

Hi Velhart,

We tried many different ways to play this character over the last decade and I think you would like to play this character as the powerhouse it can be by the benefit of maximum ability (as a normal player, for every 7 experience points, you get 1 spell card + 1 strenght or 1 craft counter and if you are at maximum in your spell card you can discard ANY of your spell card)demonio.gif as per the rule booklet and the character ability!babeo.gif

This way not only are you gaining in strenght and craft but you can spell cycle like crazycool.gif

Think about it, and let me know as this character in this incarnation was a sure winner most of the timehappy.gif

Cheer

To answer to that thread's question, I really don't know what chara I d like in the next expansions, and I don't care, but gee I hope there ll be more than what there was in the Dungeon box ! Because such a huge box just for a dungeon cards deck, five characters and a board... take the board out, there could have made a reapers-like box for Dungeon ! I quickly emptied the Dungeon box to put everything in the original box... come on, when there is an Arkham Horror expansion, you can spend one hour to look at everything ! Give us looooads of contending for Talisman, its a great game that deserves it !

Hem said:

To answer to that thread's question, I really don't know what chara I d like in the next expansions, and I don't care, but gee I hope there ll be more than what there was in the Dungeon box ! Because such a huge box just for a dungeon cards deck, five characters and a board... take the board out, there could have made a reapers-like box for Dungeon ! I quickly emptied the Dungeon box to put everything in the original box... come on, when there is an Arkham Horror expansion, you can spend one hour to look at everything ! Give us looooads of contending for Talisman, its a great game that deserves it !

I agree with what you say.

With that huge box, they can add many more characters to that expansion.

But we may not complain...

I am already happy that we get more dungeon cards than the second and third edition together ! 

And the board looks very good.

If there is one thing i am not happy about, then it is the inlay !

The picture on the inlay is fine, but they should add more spaces for cards !

Velhart said:

Hem said:

I agree with what you say.

With that huge box, they can add many more characters to that expansion.

But we may not complain...

I am already happy that we get more dungeon cards than the second and third edition together ! 

And the board looks very good.

If there is one thing i am not happy about, then it is the inlay !

The picture on the inlay is fine, but they should add more spaces for cards !

More characters would be apreciated, but the 5 new characters in the dungeon was accepteble, just not less then that llorando.gif

Characters I would like to see is the Orc and other nonhuman characters. We now only have the Troll, Goul and Dwarf. In the next expansion I think we at least get two more - the biggest and smallest gran_risa.gif (If not the biggest is a human on a horse - I doubt that ).

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

Hem said:

More characters would be apreciated, but the 5 new characters in the dungeon was accepteble, just not less then that llorando.gif

Characters I would like to see is the Orc and other nonhuman characters. We now only have the Troll, Goul and Dwarf. In the next expansion I think we at least get two more - the biggest and smallest gran_risa.gif (If not the biggest is a human on a horse - I doubt that ).

I also hope that they keep it at 5 or more.

Right now, we have 23 characters..

If the other 3 regions will also contain 5 characters, then we have 38 characters..

But small expansions may contain characters toogran_risa.gif

Velhart said:

Mr. Brogger said:

Velhart said:

Hem said:

I also hope that they keep it at 5 or more.

Right now, we have 23 characters..

If the other 3 regions will also contain 5 characters, then we have 38 characters..

But small expansions may contain characters toogran_risa.gif

Hi Velhart,

Yes let's hope we do get mini's with small expansion and not only cards.

This is "Talisman the Magical Board Game" and not "Talisman the Magical Card Game"

Cheers