Sign in to follow this  
Vent

Vent's Stuff...

Alrighty, rather than start a new thread for everything I paint from now on I'm going to stick them all in this thread... It's not just going to be for finished stuff as well. I'll be putting up my WiP's and asking for help, I need as much as possible.

I know my stuff isn't professional level, but I enjoy painting; any and all constructive criticism is most welcome!

---

674759_sm-.jpg

So here's my current WiP. I started it today, I've only painted Imperial stuff to date, so this was quite different. I also decided not to use my airbrush as I did for the imperials. I started it as a test miniature, to pick the right colours more than anything. I was using an airbrush paint to do this light stuff, but it didn't work to well with a brush...

674760_sm-.jpg

About 80% done at this point. Paints used: Vallejo Game Stonewall Grey, Goblin Green. Extraopaque Heavy Charcoal and Game Ink Sepia. Also used Vallejo Sepia Wash.

Any advice would be awesome ^_^

Is the white streaking in the green intentional?? If so, I like the look, and I like the paintjob overall. Nice work. If it isn't, then dont worry about it lol it looks good..

Dont forget a good sealer, either a dulcote or satin finish, it will keep it from fading from handling.

You've done a fine job, I like the effect. It does look realistic as well.. having grown up around aircraft somewhat I have seen it on military planes.. then the crew gets it in the paint shop and fixes it.

What I like about it is that it strikes me as a rebel thing... paint not perfect, and ships getting faded with heavy use and not enough maintenance. I try to weather my rebels heavily when I do them.

Thanks oneway.

Alrighty, finished. At the end I changed the grey to a lighter shade, but only on some of the wing panels. This is because the heavy charcoal is to close to the black of the canopy. Overall I'm quite happy, Next will be a B-Wing to see if works as well. I'm OK with the engine glow, but without a visual representation of the output it looks a little weird...

675234_sm-.jpg 675236_sm-.jpg 675235_sm-.jpg

All CC welcome ^_^

i think the engines are perfect, and the greens really weather well with the white/weather panneling.  all together, excellent work.

just as a thought, i would recommend seeing if you could build the cockpit into a super dark blue to give it depth, and maybe a white dot or streak to give it s glassy effect.  gloss varnish and done,

bear in mind, that is jut my opinion, and that a wing looks great, so please dont let my one thought detract from what you have done: that a wing looks great!

THIS is why we needed a painting sub-forum, because I seen it was a WIP, earlier when I was looking on my phone, I would not have come back around for the update and it would have been quickly flushed within the rest of the forum topics.

Got job here, Vent.

Thanks guys :)

Flight Stands! I got bored this evening and decided to re do all my flight stands... I think they look decent enough. I'm trying to work out of a Gloss coat would be better than Matt... First world geek problems... :D

675355_sm-.jpg

675356_sm-.jpg

675357_sm-.jpg

And now for something different... I know there's another section, but this is my painting one so I'm putting it in both :P

We're starting the Imperial Assault campaign tomorrow and my character is Jyn Odan. I figured that it's always better to be painted than not so I spent a couple of hours painting her up. These game pieces are not painter friendly, and it felt like I was pushing a boulder uphill... Still, happy enough with how it turned out. Orange is an interesting colour to paint...

679237_sm-.jpg 679236_sm-.jpg 679235_sm-.jpg

Jyn looks good I was hoping to get imperial assault soon why are the game peices hard to paint?

But on the topic of your A Wing looks good the weathering has worked well

Jyn looks good I was hoping to get imperial assault soon why are the game peices hard to paint?

But on the topic of your A Wing looks good the weathering has worked well

Mould lines are bad, plus they're harder than normal to take off. The plastic itself isnt very defined; which is why some of the minis have required modding, such as Jyn's pistol.

Overall they've made these game pieces, and that's OK, but from a painters PoV they're just hard to deal with...