Sign in to follow this  
TabletopXwingPilot

VT-49 repaints

I was never a fan of the VT-49 Decimator look, but its depiction in Star Wars Commander changed my mind and inspired the following scheme:

I like the simplicity of the darker panels. The contrast really works well. It's not an "in your face" scheme, but it's simple, effective and unique. Awesome.

What's the best way to upload photos?

Because it says the file (picture) I'm trying to load is too big.

Should I do this from a computer instead of my smartphone, or how are you guys doing it?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by UndefeatedAce

Or.. in the edit option, they gave us the ability to insert photos there.. looks like youu can link from your computer..

Yes, it is 490Kb max storage per post and only the person starting the topic may add images. Once attached, the image display size is reduced, offering a thumb of the actual image size. I love formatting the layout of my posts, I just assume using my Photobucket for image storage. That said, there are a few tiny icons that I may start using, such as Star Wars based emoticons, check marks, sigils and aurebesh.

Well, here is my VT-49.

Not sure if I'm too happy with it.  I think i should have just used Kandy coats on the light effects, or should have just left hem off, but i wanted to do something to break up the  giant grey mass on the table.

I also noticed that my phone for some reason picked up the blues in the striping really really vibrantly.  Thats odd, because they aren't that bright in person, so it might be light refraction, but not sure.  My phone may just pick up blues more easily.

anyway, feedback and comments welcome...

5CC2C1DF-8AA3-4193-A6FB-E77BFD4027B1_zpsB1393821-1B98-4292-9673-67D44E1E33A4_zpsC79E73DF-872E-4F44-BDA7-6715A4F6F599_zps2B599A86-73F6-40D8-8CFD-0E091A3EC58A_zps2D256D4D-28B6-42F4-AF51-A08CBA491390_zps17CEB432-064E-4AC4-B761-7AF66B95960E_zps

well, it is basically an imperial paddy-wagon, so thats the effect i was going for. that and i wanted a comic-book like color scheme for it, and i think if there is one thing that ended up the way i wanted it to, it was that. lol...

Woop Woop!

its funny, that reminds me of a quote.  At the beginning of WWI, Kaiser Wilhelm stated that if the British army got involved, he would have them arrested... making reference to the fact that the British regular army at the outset of WWI was a very small army, and his police forces were bigger.

With the lighting effect, is it just as simple as spraying a quick spot with the airbrush then picking out the light in a brighter version of the colour using a brush? I'm wanting to do the same with my Eldar.

there is a couple of different ways.  The lighting i did on this is to paint the light "white" and leave the areas around it the same color. shoot a little paint around the light, and then paint and highlight the light.

you can use kandy to do the same effect, but much better, and in retrospect, i should have used kandy on those lights to make them look more realistic.

either is a good effect though and will get the point across.

but yeah, paint the light white, spot it with an airbrush with very little paint (you still need the basecoat to show under the light color), then highlight the "light".