Sign in to follow this  
TabletopXwingPilot

YT-2400 repaints

real clean job on those YT-2400's, how did you do this Smashotron?

I hand painted them. It took a very steady hand, but painting Large ships is much easier after spending so much time painting details on infantry models.

111k10k.jpg

Your new YT-2400 looks great. I like the silver cockpit with the dark washed white hull. Good stuff!

This is a very small repaint job compared to others on here, but I thought I'd post it anyway.  A poster on BGG's forums named Phil Lewis had a random drawing for a TY-2400, and I was lucky enough to win!

His screen name is Red Herring, so in his honor I added a red stripe and a fish and have re-christened the ship The Red Herring.  I also added a few other color highlights, a few of which you can see in the photo.

post-236478-0-78374300-1420551925_thumb.jpg

Edited by HauntedByJawas

I assume, of course, that this ship operates with a partner who does the actual smuggling, while this 2400 just serves as a distraction for Imperial customs ships.

Exactly! After they are boarded, the pilot looks around nervously, waves his fingers, and says, "These aren't the ping pong balls you're looking for."  Then the storm trooper, annoyed and wary, opens up the cargo compartment and finds a WHOLE LOAD of ping pong balls he wasn't looking for.  Rebels 1, Emperor 0.

That... may very well be the BEST squadron paint job I have seen!  I love everything about each and every ship in your squadron.

As for names, how about...

Goldilocks and the three bears?

Marigold (or Merry Gold) Squadron?

Amber Squadron?

Sunspots?