Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

What's the deal with the stickers?

First, let me preface this post with the information that I have not yet played the game.

I understand the purpose of the stickers is to identify similar squads that are deployed, and to note which one came with which deployment card (hopefully the terminology I am using is accurate and makes sense).

Still ...

Who the heck wants to put stickers on their minis?  Do these things come off easily?

Are they re-usable?

Do you just place them on minis and leave them on - forever?

I am curious how people use these things ... if they use them at all.  I can't possibly see true gamers wanting to put stickers on their minis.

Please enlighten me.

For me, I put the stickers on the bottom of the bases.  So far, 90% of the time I can remember which miniature is part of which squad, but on those rare instances where I don't, I can just lift it up and look at the bottom.  That way there's still no confusion, and no ugly visible stickers.  It works just fine for me.

Eventually I want to paint my minis, and then I'll paint them slightly different to differentiate them.

The stickers are hard to remove and not reusable. They are cheap and nasty.

I wanted to move the one sticker to a better location on the base. In the end I just left it.

Will be painting my figures soon then I'll just remove them with some methylated spirits.

I do the exact same thing as Felkor and agree it works great. I actually did this in Descent to minimize any ambiguity and was glad to see FFG put some stickers in the box for IA.

Edited by Reno Shiv

I guess if I play the game before painting the minis, and if there is the possibility of confusion, I will "steal" the idea of placing the stickers on the bottom of the bases.  This is a good idea, and at least minimizes the "nastiness" of using stickers on minis to begin with.  Thank you.