Sign in to follow this  
Krynn007

Having hard time keeping decimator/Yt2400 from falling off pegs?

I can't take credit for this as a friend of mine told me about this.

Use the huge ship base and peg if you have one

This solves two problems.

1) The huge ship peg seems to fit more snug in the large ship

2) When flying the decimator if it's ramming ships you will no longer need to take it off its peg to prevent the nose of the ship from bumping other

And

3) Added bonus. It looks nice among the smaller ships at the higher elevation

Sorry if this has been discussed

Just read a post where the falling off peg complaint

Hope this helps

Been doing this for a while. My 2400s are fine and dont fall off.. just the decimator, but I threw a gimble mount on it and that one is good. The other I put some elmers glue on and shaved the peg down some. It works fine now..

For some reason the Wave 5 ships have some problems with standardization. I think there was a problem and manufacturing plants had to be shipped. Which was also reasons behind the Wave 5 delays. Still like Wikipedia "citation needed" so take what ever I just typed with a grain of salt.

Edited by Marinealver

Haha.. nope, just some elmers glue, and about 10 hours dry time to make sure it's good..

I did email FFG and ask if they would sell me the huge ship peg and stand, but they said they weren't selling those .. maybe if they get some more requests they will sell a peg and base for a few bucks and make us happy again..

Edited by oneway

I did not have this problem with the YT2400.

However I did with one of my TIE Interceptors. I swapped the pegs over and solved the problem. With models bought after this I checked both pegs in the model and 1 is always a bit loose on some of them.

It seems that 1 of the 2 pegs included with each model have slightly smaller pins at the top that the other one.

So the solution is to spend $60 for a peg to fix a $40 ship?

wow

Seriously?

Geez man, if you have it already which many do use the pegs,

Do you really think that is what I'm suggesting? Go out and buy a huge ship for a peg? Lol

Lighten up a bit

It's just a quick and easy fix for those who have the means

Sad people have to turn a thread trying to help some into something negative.

Reminds me of an ex girlfriend I had years ago. Any time she heard something, she had a negative response. Very negative person

Edited by Krynn007

wow

Seriously?

Do you really think that is what I'm suggesting? Go out and buy a huge ship for a peg? Lol

Lighten up a bit

Reminds me of an ex girlfriend I had years ago. Any time she heard something, she had a negative response. Very negative person

I'm not trying to make anything negative, it just doesn't seem practical. However, if someone sold aftermarket pegs for cheap (say $5), then maybe this would be a more interesting solution.

I am only Making a suggestion.

Many of us (quite possibly the majority) has at least one huge ship.

Running out to buy one just for a peg is nonsense.

It's a simple and easy solution to those of us who have one.

No glue

No tack

No paper towel that I've seen others do.

Just a simple change of base and peg if you have it.

It also prevents the actual ship from bumping other ships which is really nice close quarters.

My decimator doesn't have to sit on the side of the board when surrounded by other ships. Oicunn for example

You made it sound like as if I am implying to run out and get the huge ships just for a peg

(which I think if it's affordable is a great thing to have anyway)

Anyway I didn't think your comment was helpful or contributed anything positive, and felt more negative

All I was trying to do is give a suggestion that has been helpful for myself and others.

I've seen recent comments in another thread about the issue so I started this post

I just don't see the sense in your comment.

I never said anything about buying a huge ship. If you don't have one then this post maybe isn't for you

Edited by Krynn007

wow

Seriously?

Lighten up a bit

I'm not trying to make anything negative, it just doesn't seem practical. However, if someone sold aftermarket pegs for cheap (say $5), then maybe this would be a more interesting solution.

I get what you mean s1n, but itnis a practical solution, if.. IF... you already own the huge ships.. swap out the stand and base (they have to be used together as the normal base for large ships doesn't work with the peg for the huge ship) and have your decimator.. or any other ship (I use them with my albino manatees) and you're good to go..

I mailed FFG and they declined to sell me the huge ships stands.. but reitterated if I had a damaged or broken one I could get replacements.. lol.. so if I wanna be dishonest I can get a free one.. lol