Sign in to follow this  
Tsiegtiez

M3-A "Scyk" Interceptor Preview Is Up

That was kind of my reaction, I'm glad for the 360° view as ever, but without the two new pilot cards we didn't get a ton of info. The cannons were definitely the payload for that article!

I think 14 is higher than most were expecting for the Cartel Spacer (which is totally a URL I checked!), and I would like to know what the Tansarii Point Pilot costs, but I think 16 is a safe bet now. And with PS5, almost assuredly an EPT slot. It would be nice to have that confirmed though!

That was kind of my reaction, I'm glad for the 360° view as ever, but without the two new pilot cards we didn't get a ton of info. The cannons were definitely the payload for that article!

I think 14 is higher than most were expecting for the Cartel Spacer (which is totally a URL I checked!), and I would like to know what the Tansarii Point Pilot costs, but I think 16 is a safe bet now. And with PS5, almost assuredly an EPT slot. It would be nice to have that confirmed though!

Tansarii Pilot might be 17 points so you cannot go with 4 x PS5 HLC

Yeah, I saw that part, but they left out the PS5 generic and the dial. I'm sure it's somewhere between a TIE/ln and an A-Wing, but I'd like to know if a pair of Ion Cartels for 38 points can do a 1-Bank or am I left with just the 1-Turn, or what kind of K-Turn they've got for following up on their ion shot.

I tried http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/news/scum-and-villainy/cartel-spacer.png but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

"Teased" is a good word for it, sure.

I'm not surprised by the 14 point cost, I was expecting 13±1 anyway. Side-by-side with the Headhunter, it works fine. Makes the Heavy Scyk title sting a little more though. 17 for the PS5 sounds a bit high but I can see them doing it to preclude the 4xHLC, yeah.

I tried http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/news/scum-and-villainy/cartel-spacer.png but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

I tried that one last week too, but in the article they specifically call out "Cartel Spacer," so I'm thinking that's definitely it and they just aren't giving us a picture yet. Maybe the final preview article / "in stores now" post after the IG-2000?

Yeah I guess that's the problem with URL fishing, is that we know all of the cards ahead of time, so the dial would have been the only "treat" left to spoil, which is sort of a hit or miss, sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Also is it just me or is the Scyk light on upgrade cards? I think it must be the only one with out an EPT in there, even an old one

It didn't show the generic specifically, but it says you can equip the ion cannon for as few as 19 points, making the generic 14 points.

seriously they didn't show the generics cost?

Guys, if you read the article, you would have known that they did say the cost of the cheapest generic. Admittedly, it is hard to find if you skim. Here is it quoted:

The Scyk is a lightly armored and lightly shielded interceptor that features tremendous customizability, and its low cost made it a favorite of the Hutt Cartel and Car’das smugglers, who purchased it in large quantities. Accordingly, the ship enters X-Wing as an agile, but lightly armored, starship with two attack, three agility, two hull, and one shield. Piloted by a Cartel Spacer, the cheapest of these Scyk interceptors costs you only fourteen squad points.

Ok! I feel dumb. 

The text implies 14 base cost + 2 title + 3 Ion Cannon = 19 lowest cost for an ion cannon equipped scyk

Its also in the text. Don't just watch images and table contents ;)

it's implied by the text AND also in the text? NICE!

;-)

Yeah, I saw that part, but they left out the PS5 generic and the dial. I'm sure it's somewhere between a TIE/ln and an A-Wing, but I'd like to know if a pair of Ion Cartels for 38 points can do a 1-Bank or am I left with just the 1-Turn, or what kind of K-Turn they've got for following up on their ion shot.

There's a picture of a 3-turn in the article. I'm expecting a 5 as well. 3 and 4 would seem unusual, and nimble fighters often have two choices.