Sign in to follow this  
Konan Nazreth

Curious about X-Wing but not sure it's for you?

Today I sat in Costa letting my phone upgrade. While downloading a Star Wars Wikia app, I noticed an app called "X-Wing Companion"

Well it has everything you need to learn the rules and understand what everyone here is talking about. It has the following:

Rules

Epic Rules

FAQ

As well as information on every ship, cards and tokens. It will also upgrade with new releases. The Imperial Raider is on it, though it doesn't have any information that hasn't been revealed.

It doesn't replace getting the Core Set, but it should help you decide if you want the game or not.

How much?

Nothing

It was free to download.

It's a wonderful resource...I use it along w my squad builder app to build and track mg squads...

All yall should drop the overpriced fruit basket...

OP yes this game is definitely worth getting into...this community is mostly awesome. They tend to be helpful and friendly... UT we do have quite a few whiners...

It's a blast.

Is this Android only? Not seeing it on the iOS app store.

That stinks of not fairness.

It's given me loads of info, and yes I now want to start this game.

That's apple for you...

Paladin...where is that info? I see the box for it at the bottom of my phone...but there is never anything there...

That's apple for you...

Paladin...where is that info? I see the box for it at the bottom of my phone...but there is never anything there...

After you click on a ship at the bottom of the page it will say Found In. Click on the expansion and it will take you to a list of everything found in that expansion.

That's apple for you...

After you click on a ship at the bottom of the page it will say Found In. Click on the expansion and it will take you to a list of everything found in that expansion.

Yeah it shows no expansion...maybe my phone just sucks (most likely)

That's apple for you...

Yeah it shows no expansion...maybe my phone just sucks (most likely)

I have a Galaxy S4. Maybe you can install it again?

lets not turn this into apple vs andriod....

people like what they like. we have a hard enough time not murdering everyone on here about power level of ships and whether the raider is a good buy, i hate to think what would happen if the sky opened up and the trumpets sound to create a war between iOS and Andriod....

oh the bothans, oh the jawas....oh the hummanity!!!!

The developer of that app has posted on these forums before. He said he has a version that runs on iOS and wants to put it on the iOS app store, but Apple won't allow him. I can't remember why. Some bureaucratic BS.

The developer of that app has posted on these forums before. He said he has a version that runs on iOS and wants to put it on the iOS app store, but Apple won't allow him. I can't remember why. Some bureaucratic BS.

Apple won't allow it unless FFG formally authorizes him to use their IP, which they are unwilling (or unable) to do. They're not going to actually issue a takedown for the app, but they won't officially sanction it either, so Apple won't allow it.

Apple won't allow it unless FFG formally authorizes him to use their IP, which they are unwilling (or unable) to do. They're not going to actually issue a takedown for the app, but they won't officially sanction it either, so Apple won't allow it.

Apple wants to control your app, apple want to control your IP. Apple want to control your soul! Buy the new IPadphone Mini X+1 for only $999.99 at your local Apple dealer. Then buy the S model of it which we will release 6 months later.

ffg_pad-campaign-core.png

It is like the one you just bought,

... only better!

Edited by Marinealver