Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

What do you play Rebels or Imperial or Scum?

I play imperial because I don't want to join the rest of the bandwagon on the side with the most broken combos playing easy mode.

I like a challange of not playing the side that takes no effort because they are loaded with turrets and free evades.

Mostly Imperial, because Squints go zoom zoom, and I want an all Squint squad to be A Thing, and know it never will be. And also: the Tie Defender is my 3rd favorite ship in all of Star Wars (Squint, E-Wing, Defender). So make mine Imperial, because they have the awesome toys.

Don't get me wrong: I play a bit of anything. I've got 3 epic ships, and enjoy being Rebel when it means I bring out the big toys. And I'll also grab the Scum ships, as they look kind of super fun.

But seriously: I've got 9 Tie Interceptors.

Started with Rebels, with a core, an X-wing, a Y-wing, and an added B-wing and HWK I quickly had enough to build lists in several varieties.

My Imperials need a bit more of a boost. Love the Advanced even if I can't get the title. Love the Bomber too. The Phantom has become a great boost to my Imperial collection. So now it's more often Imperials to get a better feel for them.

Will start with Most Wanted. Most of the people I play against probably won't buy it, so I will have some unique possibilities

If Vorpal Sword was here, he would say: I play X-wing Miniatures. I don't understand how someone could limit themselves to only part of a game simply because it is not "their faction." I play whatever strategies interest me, whether Imperial, Rebel, or Scum.

Myself, I fly mostly Imps, because I have always enjoyed their playstyle: weak, hard-hitting, fast, maneuverable,'flying by the seat of your pants, thinking 3 moves in advance but always having contingency plans for if your contingency plans fail. Their ships represent the playstyle I most enjoy. However, I have no problem playing Rebel; my favorite ships are the Y-wing, HWK, A-wing, and E-wing. Scum will be fun too because of the HWK pilots and the StarViper.

I play both rebels and imperial equally. I have no scum ships yet.

Technically, no one does. But there is enough info out there to playtest them.. if you have a firespray and some z95s .. y wings and a hawk you have a decent list for S&V.

I play both Empire and Rebels, and i will definitely also play Scumbecause i loved the Empire at War RTS game, especially with the Scum expansion.

I do however mostly get pressed into Rebels since my main opponent loves the SM black leather style of the Empire apparently.

Um... Edge of the Empire has nothing to do with the X wing miniatures game...

You can use Xwing miniatures (and rules) to make the space encounters more interesting.

And more deadly, killing off your party in a hour long game... never been a fan of this concept, and this from back in the 80s...

I mostly play Imperials because most of the people I play against want to play the Rebels, but it works for me as I found I like playing the Empire. I'll look at the possibility of playing Scum after they come out.

The imperial scions of order and justice!!

The rebellion is made up of filthy degenerates who need to be shown their proper place at the bottom of the garbage heap of the galaxy.

And the stupid pirates can be put right on top of them...then buried...preferably still alive.

Imperial all the way.

I'm so new to FFG I've yet to get anything. I'll be getting EotE first, then miniatures (X-Wing, Armada and Imperial Assault), then Force and Destiny.
I plan long term. OP asked and I answered.

The RPG is fun and all, but has nothing to do with the OPs question..

This is about what faction/side you want to play in this game... your RPG ideas aren't really relevant.. <shrugs>

You can use Xwing miniatures (and rules) to make the space encounters more interesting.

And more deadly, killing off your party in a hour long game... never been a fan of this concept, and this from back in the 80s...

Oneway,

C'mon man, be a little more hospitable than that. He's only 9 posts old. There's no need to be the forum police on this question.

Reading his posting on Armada, I think he has a neat concept. I would say that Armada/X-Wing would be a great way to simulate the battle around the PCs, while using the roleplay mechanics to simulate the interaction between the PCs and their direct opponents. That way the surrounding battle doesn't bog down play.

Just because it isn't a 100pnt6aDM, it doesn't invalidate what he's trying to do with the components of this game.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

I'm sure we've all had the same idea, I know I have... but it fails to be effective or fun.. lol.. especially when you TPK your group on a YT 1300 in a X wing mini game instead of the normal rules for the RPG.. that's why they make those rules.. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just bad ideas ..IMO.. and I really feel he's posting in the wrong forum.. spamming this one with a RPG concept.. thisnis the X wing miniatures forum.. not the Edge of the Empire forum..

Sorry if that makes me... Richard Head... (I know you might not have actually meant that but I'm just saying.. lol)

Edit

To your point of being hospitable.. he's more than welcome to come discuss his latest builds and request help.. we get a dozen of those a week, but he already said he hasn't bought anything...

Edited by oneway

Imperial all the way.

I'm so new to FFG I've yet to get anything. I'll be getting EotE first, then miniatures (X-Wing, Armada and Imperial Assault), then Force and Destiny.

I plan long term. OP asked and I answered.

The RPG is fun and all, but has nothing to do with the OPs question..

This is about what faction/side you want to play in this game... your RPG ideas aren't really relevant.. <shrugs>

Oneway,

C'mon man, be a little more hospitable than that. He's only 9 posts old. There's no need to be the forum police on this question.

Reading his posting on Armada, I think he has a neat concept. I would say that Armada/X-Wing would be a great way to simulate the battle around the PCs, while using the roleplay mechanics to simulate the interaction between the PCs and their direct opponents. That way the surrounding battle doesn't bog down play.

Just because it isn't a 100pnt6aDM, it doesn't invalidate what he's trying to do with the components of this game.

I've chosen to "ignore" him. I actually answered the originaal question and the OP liked my response to his complaint.

If Cubanboy objected then I'd feel stupid. It's his topic after all.