Sign in to follow this  
CrypticApathy

$100 budget what to get?

Get another core set. even if you only play rebels it's useful. I wouldn't try to get a, y, or the yt-1300 unless you're cool paying double list price online. As much as people hate on it, the e-wing has some good upgrades and pilots (corran, etahn adv sensor's, fletchette torps)

Here's what I'd get.

YT-2400 for 20

X-Wing expansion for 10

A-Wing expansion for 10

2x Z-95 for 20

Y-Wing for 10 if you can find one.

Difficult to argue with that - Loads of variety and plenty of solid squad options in there

Personally I'd swap an A-Wing for a Y-Wing - but for no better reason than I like Y-Wings and think they're fun

Get another core set. even if you only play rebels it's useful. I wouldn't try to get a, y, or the yt-1300 unless you're cool paying double list price online. As much as people hate on it, the e-wing has some good upgrades and pilots (corran, etahn adv sensor's, fletchette torps)

The notion of the second core set isn't really as needed anymore, imo, as an early purchase.   The X-wing expansion and TIE expansion are needed for the extra pilots anyway, giving two X-wings and 3 TIES.  That's about as many X-wings as a player needs, especially if you are planning to purchase the transport at some point.  I'd wait to get another core set until you want to play 5 or six ties.  It's not worth it at all if you're just focusing on rebels at this stage of the game.

Edited by AlexW

Here's what I'd get.

YT-2400 for 20

X-Wing expansion for 10

A-Wing expansion for 10

2x Z-95 for 20

Y-Wing for 10 if you can find one.

Going with that along with the RAces expansion to go with a Core, B, and HWK seems like a pretty good idea.  This would give you two of almost all the Rebel's fighters which allow for a wide range of squadrons.

Could consider a Falcon if you could find one but that is often looking for upgrades which you might not have.

I see folks recommending a YT-1300. Where can I find one for a reasonable price?

That can be problem with a lot of ships at various times.  Looking at the product pages it seems the reprint should be "on the boat" and available in the first quarter of 2015.  If you would want it earlier then that could be a challenge.

I laugh at all of these suggestions to get a 1300.  Unless you're willing to fork out $70 on evilBay, you aren't gonna get one.

I do, however, suggest buying from an online retailer like coolstuffinc as they will have better prices, by far.  For example, Rebel Aces is only $20 from there.  It doesn't matter where you shop, some ships are just out of stock.  You're not going to find A-wings or B-wings anywhere, unless you luck up at a Barnes & Noble.  You're not going to find a Falcon, just let it go until the restock happens.

So, that being said, for $100?

2x Rebel Aces - $40

2x - Z-95 - $20

YT-2400 - $20

2x - X-Wing - $20

Free shipping on orders of $100 from coolstuffinc

Enjoy!

I'd say a YT-1300 (cos it's The Millenium Falcon!), a Y-Wing, an A-Wing and either a Z-95 (useful for fitting into the last few points in a list) or an E-Wing (because its named pilots are fun), assuming you like to have a wide choice.

If you like to double up on ships (I do - it looks more Star Warsy to me having a few of the same kind of ship) I'd say definitely a second A-Wing (including the one in Aces) as they're cheap to field now and are a lot of fun to fly; and a couple of Y-Wings as they're fun to ion people with; a second or even third X-Wing cos the classic trip X-Wing squad is still a classic, and it is the name of the game, and maybe a couple of Z95s, as they're a fun way to fill out a list. You probably only need one E-Wing and YT-1300.

If you're wondering why I don't reccomend a YT-2400 it's not because I think it's a bad ship, it's just an aesthetic thing - I think it's crazy small for a successor to the 1300. Makes no sense, should have a different name to indicate it's a different line.

Buy a YT-1300, a Z-95 Headhunter and an E-Wing. That leaves you with $10, which can go toward paying the tax at your friendly local game store.

I was about to suggest the same ships.

If you can only run a few ships due to budget, make sure you get ones that can make good use of their points.

Corran Horn's E-wing and the Millenium Falcon are obvious choices for a "quality over quantity" build, plus the Falcon comes with Engine Upgrade, which is essential to MANY builds

Oh, and you  should for sure get a single A-wing expansion for Push the Limit upgrades.

Edited by quasistellar