Sign in to follow this  
thebigeb2589

what's your storage solution?

i dont know about everyone else, but when i go to play, i normally just put the list and cards im going to play in a box and dont drive like a maniac.

i have too much stuff now, (mistakes were made) to take everything with me, so its easier just to bring the 7 or 8 models if I'm running a swarm, or the 3 or 4 models otherwise to make things easy.

i dont know what everyone else uses, but i know battlefoam, KR and i think many others have cases you can purchase to put your entire fleet in it, but to me its a waste of time and money...a box with a little foam to keep stuff from breaking or falling over is easy and cheap, and that means i get to get another imperial aces box this friday :)

I have a pretty big collection, and right now it all fits in six Plano trays (one for tokens, templates and dice, two for each faction, and one for the Transport and Huge ship bits). I have a binder for each faction with a complete rulebook and all the pilot cards, and a third binder for upgrades. The Corvette is in a shoebox I got at Wal-Mart that fits it perfectly. All this goes into a cheap duffel bag with room left over for at least another binder and tray when Scum and Villainy comes out. After that, I may have to start looking again.

Man, I used to live in the midwest with Menard's, no longer, though :-/

As for me, I used Plano 3-28s currently as my tray system.  I don't have a whole lot of models currently, but they each have their own tray, one for the markers/rulers/dice and such and I've already got one ready for S&V.

c32e9fde-e60c-446d-95bb-8fe3c0460565_zps

They work just fine for me and I've not had any problems out of them.

I just picked up a new solution on black Friday.

20141222_223542.jpg

20141222_223554.jpg

20141222_223623.jpg

20141222_223643.jpg

20141222_223654.jpg

20141222_223706.jpg

The mostly empty box at the bottom will be traded our as soon as I find one that can accommodate large ships. Does anyone know of one available individually that does that?

I recently picked up a case from Feldherr. Top quality, not too expensive either. I bought a prefilled case for Imperial ships as well as a couple of inlays for Rebels. I'm sure I'll buy more from them eventually, both with storage and transportation in mind.

I just have a bag with foam where i can carry either 8 fighters, or 2 big ships + 2 fighters, plus all the game tokens, asteroids, etc. Fits nicely what i use to play and i don't have any problem carrying it around. Also, it serves as a transportation sheet from table to table for tournaments. 

I store all my ships on a few closed shelfs so they are dust free.

The mostly empty box at the bottom will be traded our as soon as I find one that can accommodate large ships. Does anyone know of one available individually that does that?

Are you talking about the Huge Ships (GR75 and CR90)? The Plano trays (I believe they are the 3-28) are just deep enough to hold the Rebel Transport, as well as any of the Large Ships (YT-1300 and 2400, VT-49, Lambda & Firespray). The VT-49 is a close fit, but there is a notch in the edge of the ship that just fits around the partition slot in the tray (incidentally holding the ship in place quite nicely.

I've been using the Plano trays for almost two years no and have had zero issues with damage to the models from movement or sliding around.

The CR90 needs something else, however. I found some women's shoes on sale at Wal-Mart when the corvette was released that came in boxes that were the perfect fit for the CR90. So my wife got some shoes, and I got a decent box for the Tantive IV.

Edited by Gullwind

Im currently tricking out a plano 777 tackle box to suit my needs, i got it without any trays and it needs two 4700 trays for the main section and i was thinking of dremeling out the top storage tabs so i can try and fit some 3700 size tray's up top. Im not all that familiar with plano trays and if anyone has some really good links to trays they use for x-wing it would be much appreciated.

I use the KR system

One case for imperial, one for rebels and another for epic, plenty of space in all but rebels case

Can see it expanding to 5 with scum and the raider

Great system with great protection for all the ships

another Plano 1374 user here. Here's whats currently in mine and its stuffed.

Up top: 1 CR90, 1 CR75 (both in custom molded foam insert), All pilot cards, all upgrade/damage cards, movement templates, scenario sheets/rule books (underneath foam insert for huge)

4PayYEy.jpg

1st tray: 3X, 3A, 3B, 1E, 3Z, 1Y, 1 HWK, 1 YT1300, 1 YT2400, all base chits and dials for those ships

r0qz9f4.jpg

2nd tray: 6 Ties, 4 Ints, 2 Def, 2 Pha, 2 Bombers, 1 TA, 1 vt49, 1 Lambda, all base chits and dials for those ships

OCBD5ms.jpg

3rd tray: mostly reserved for S&V, currently only holds 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, and large bases for the other ships

8P10uTI.jpg

4th tray: All essential tokens separated, 3x dice sets, Asteroids & Debris Fields, all small bases for other ships.

kSAme6R.jpg

For the large ships, you will need to custom mount the separator walls (no cutting needed, just a bit of tape/glue does well). Once Wave 6 hits, this thing will be maxed and there are a lot of things I would like to do differently so will be looking at other solutions shortly after S&V. Imperial Raider will also need to be dealt with..

Edited by Synthetix