Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

How much do you actually PLAY xwing, in real life.

Two games a month or so, at most. Most of my close friends either aren't interested in the game, or don't have time to play, so I have to hike across Seattle to an X-Wing game day on Sundays to get my fix, which has been tough lately. Down to one job though, so I may be able to ramp up my game time! Here's to hoping!

I meet up with a friend every Sunday afternoon to play a round or two. We usually only play 60 points each, enough for a couple of loaded out fighters each.

I have also found some solo rules that work well, so I might have a similar size 60 points game by myself through the week.

In REAL life everyday is X-Wing. Barrel Rolling into the on ramp, Push the Limit to Boost up to freeway speed. Now Stressed at rush hour traffic. Run strait for a few miles to clear stress. Pew pew pew to the moron doing 55 in the #3 lane creating a huge traffic jam mid field. Then I'm always thankful for Navigator to avoid someone else's bumping fender-bender trying to become a multi-ship crash-fest. A bit of Elusiveness to avoid the 1 cop who always hangs out under the freeway overpass, then a sweeping 3-bank towards my offramp while Targeting that Big-Rig with an Ion Turret. Now he's slowed so I can run a 1-turn up the offramp and over the bridge. Then a leisurely 4 strait followed by a perfect K-turn into my driveway. 

Everyday is X-Wing.

Sounds like an episode of "the Californians" from Saturday Night Live. I never realized how accurate it was til Christmas Eve. My entire extended family from Grandma to younger sister were discussing traffic and the different routes one could take to get around in SoCal.

I meet up with a friend every Sunday afternoon to play a round or two. We usually only play 60 points each, enough for a couple of loaded out fighters each.

I have also found some solo rules that work well, so I might have a similar size 60 points game by myself through the week.

What solo rules are those?

I haven't started yet (just caught the bug after seeing it again at B&N while shopping and have been reading a ton about it while at the in-laws over Christmas week) but know I won't have much opportunity to play very often, so a solo option would keep me from going crazy in between.

I try to get a game a week but most of the time it ends up being fortnightly.

I do have 2 mates that live closer by, so I'm lucky in that sense. I managed to convert my old 40k regular, since we both dropped it after struggling to enjoy 6th and 7th.

Otherwise my FLGS runs tourneys monthly.

I used to play a few games a week at our local game shop until our baby was born.

Then I didn't play for months and when I tried to get back into it I got pretty discouraged because I couldn't really compete at all.

I collected everything up til the Decimator, but I passed on the YT-2400. I'm still hoping to play games in the future and try to figure out how to play again.

I play at least one game most Sundays and the RPG club I play at is in the process of setting up a monthly tornement / league (we're not sure which to do yet). My local games store runs tornement a too, but as they are the dictionary definition of a ULGS I avoid those like the plague.

I play 2-3 games twice a week, there's a shop that's 30 minutes from me and another one that's two minutes from me.  I usually see the same 5-6 people at each place. 

I make exceptions for store champs and up!  I usually try and take my nephew to all of those that we can. 

I play around two or three days out of the week for a few hours at a time. We have several x-wing players here and an awesome game store that stays open until 1am so there's plenty of opportunities to play.

Epic is my favorite format. Furballs are currently popular at the shop so I play in a lot of those. I also enjoy the usual 100 point games. We also play a lot of 2v2 games with 100 points for each player.

Bare minimum is two or three games a week. Occasionally I'll get a second day to go out and get to run another two to three games. With prepping for Store Championships (my first one is two weeks from today! I'm not ready!!!), I've been getting as much play time in as possible. A couple of weeks ago, I had three nights of games and wound up playing ten separate games for the week.

I'm hoping to hit three Store Championships and the local Regional. Gotta get the table time in if you wanna be competitive!

For the poster asking about solo rules, just Google 'solo x-wing rules'. You'll find them hosted by the Tynehead War games club. The rules aren't perfect but they work better than nothing.

I've been collecting ships for a while but only started playing recently. A local game shop has X-Wing on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month where I can play 2-3 games each session. So I probably average 1 game per week except when X-Wing is preempted by other events (Magic pre-releases in particular).

That is plenty for me and more than enough to make me feel good about the money I've invested in the game. I'm not trying to be a competitive tournament player and there are many other games I want to play.

I am lucky if I get a game a month...I had to buy Star Trek attack wing; my wife likes trekverse better...at least it is a flight path game...at least that is what I keep telling myself.