Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

How much do you actually PLAY xwing, in real life.

I have a friend that plays sober usually get in a bout 2 games per month. I'm hoping to actually get out to my LGS so hopefully that number will pick up. Or if I get back over to shift work that number will pick up.

I need to convice my wife to play. Then it be easier to play more often.

Depends, the store I go to has X-wing night on Thursday so usually once a week or two. This month however with the next 2 Thursdays landing on Holidays there will be a bit of a dry period.

So sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month, sometimes twice a week? :unsure:

3 of 4 Friday night league play for 2-3 games each.

Host a tournament about every other month for about 4 games.

Attend an occasional tournament of about 3 games.

An occasional game with (a) friend(s).

In REAL life everyday is X-Wing. Barrel Rolling into the on ramp, Push the Limit to Boost up to freeway speed. Now Stressed at rush hour traffic. Run strait for a few miles to clear stress. Pew pew pew to the moron doing 55 in the #3 lane creating a huge traffic jam mid field. Then I'm always thankful for Navigator to avoid someone else's bumping fender-bender trying to become a multi-ship crash-fest. A bit of Elusiveness to avoid the 1 cop who always hangs out under the freeway overpass, then a sweeping 3-bank towards my offramp while Targeting that Big-Rig with an Ion Turret. Now he's slowed so I can run a 1-turn up the offramp and over the bridge. Then a leisurely 4 strait followed by a perfect K-turn into my driveway. 

Everyday is X-Wing.

Sunday night is my gaming night. If a lot of the group turn up, 4+ out of 6 we usually play RPGs. If not its xwing. On average it works out at 1 game a week. Not enough.

XWing is the only miniatures game I actually own and play. I have some old 40 k stuff but this was my sons not mine.

As others have said, not nearly enough and definitely not enough to justify the amount I've spent on the game and accessories. Part of my problem is TMGS tm (Too Many Games Syndrome), it's a horrible disease that affects a large percentage of the gamer population. It leads to closets overflowing with games, kitchen tables covered with miniatures in various states of completion, and never enough time to finish all those really cool projects you have in mind. <_<

Humor aside, I game weekly on Thursday night at the LGS. WHAT I play is up for grabs. I was playing a long streak of X-Wing for a few, but now I'm doing Flames of War, mainly to practice for an upcoming convention tournament. After that I'll probably go back to X-Wing for a while. So since X-Wing came out, I've probably gotten in about two dozen games total.

As others have said, not nearly enough and definitely not enough to justify the amount I've spent on the game and accessories. Part of my problem is TMGS tm (Too Many Games Syndrome), it's a horrible disease that affects a large percentage of the gamer population. It leads to closets overflowing with games, kitchen tables covered with miniatures in various states of completion, and never enough time to finish all those really cool projects you have in mind. <_<

Humor aside, I game weekly on Thursday night at the LGS. WHAT I play is up for grabs. I was playing a long streak of X-Wing for a few, but now I'm doing Flames of War, mainly to practice for an upcoming convention tournament. After that I'll probably go back to X-Wing for a while. So since X-Wing came out, I've probably gotten in about two dozen games total.

I feel your pain.   The wife and i are seriously considering moving house to a bigger place.   Now there are only two of us in a three bedroom house but one room is packed wall to wall with militaria and combat kit (for my job) and the rest of the space is taken up by wild west, 40k, warhammer scenery and shelves of painted miniatures and boxs of games!  The other tiny bedroom we try and keep free in case guests stay but its partially full of spare guitars and amps for the band. :)

Deffo too many games and deffo too many hobbies requiring a lot of storage space!

Im seriously considering giving up re-enactment (mainly for health reasons) as it would free up so much space but i cant as i make my living working for a magazine that covers skirmishing events, reviews guns etc.

The one thing i love about xwing (well one of the many things) is that it doesnt take up much room.   I can keep all the card components in one small box and the models all fit in one cabinet in the living room.

Edited by Gadge

Well, before I moved to a new town, I'd average about 5-6 games a week. Since we've moved though, the community in this town isn't as organized (yet) and I haven't met many people, so I don't get to play much now. However, I will be starting a new league and will hopefully get to play at least 1-2 games a week soon.

One friend and I play 50 point games over lunch every other week.  Another friend and I meet up in the evening once a week and get 1-2 games in.  Then there is usually 1 big game night every other month that could be 3-4 games, or an epic game.  In total I think I've played over 100 games.

I play two to three games every week for my league, every other Friday I play in tournaments, and any games I can get in the mean time. I also play any one-off tournaments that come up within 50 miles or so. According to the venue sheet I'll be making it to five or six Store Championships.

I play 2-3 games a week I'd guess on avg.

I have a friend and we play about 2 games every friday night, unless it's disc golf season, then we play that. I play every other week at the LGS as part of a league I've started, and try to get in 2 games a week there.

Well I'm fairly new to xwing that meaning I've been playing for 4 months or so since I grabbed the starter set. I get about 8 games a month with mates and about 3 per week on vassal. The guys on vassal have been fantastic and not sure if that's just luck but I suck at the finer details like bumping but everyone's been really supportive and made my time on there awesome. I am lucky that there actually is a large xwing following where I am, I'm just a bit shy to hit up the lgs when I know the locals are so dedicated list wise while I'm very much a run what I like kind of a person. But they have been awesome online so will hit them up shortly and hopefully get more games in

Edited by Polar43