Sign in to follow this  
Forgottenlore

Different model per pilot

I know a lot of people here have pretty sizable collections. I was just wondering if anyone has considered getting (or even gotten) a different model, with a different paint job, for every pilot in the game, or even for a particular ship? I myself have 2-3 of every ship (except the falcon... grumble grumble), and I was musing that most ships only have a handful of unique pilots, so it wouldn't be that hard.

Just wondering.

I'd love doing it, if I had the paint skills. RodentMastermind has done some incredible repaints of various rebel X-wings, post-OT.

I have done a Krassis repaint, because his ship is relatively easy to do and he's the only Firespray I've ever seen used. It seemed quite fitting to have him flying his own ship.

I've done only a couple repaints for certain ships.. Wedge, and Vader.. working on a Kath Scarlet.. I did do a generic paint job for an ORS too...

Other than that just some general repaints..

I know a lot of people here have pretty sizable collections. I was just wondering if anyone has considered getting (or even gotten) a different model, with a different paint job, for every pilot in the game, or even for a particular ship? I myself have 2-3 of every ship (except the falcon... grumble grumble), and I was musing that most ships only have a handful of unique pilots, so it wouldn't be that hard.

Just wondering.

Oh, it sounds like you're seriously considering doing this.

Oh, it sounds like you're seriously considering doing this.

Just wondering.

Not really. It is something that I would be willing to do if I had enough time and didn't have so many other projects, but I am realistic enough to know that I would never get something like this done, given all the UNPAINTED miniatures from other games that still need painted (and played with), even though it would be pretty cool.

But I also know that my personality type is not uncommon among wargamers, so I started wondering if anyone else had considered doing it.

An advantage I thought of was being able to permanently assemble the ship, base and insert for each pilot, making set up and tear down simpler and faster.

I know what you mean about unfinished projects. I saw a cartoon the other day that read:

Do you remember that dark moment when you finally realize that you bought your "classic" miniatures before some other gamers were actually conceived...

and they're still not painted!

I know what you mean about unfinished projects. I saw a cartoon the other day that read:

Do you remember that dark moment when you finally realize that you bought your "classic" miniatures before some other gamers were actually conceived...

and they're still not painted!

This is quite true. I still have my TSR Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance Heroes I still need to paint. I'm pretty sure I bought them in the late 80s.

I think any gamer over 40 has a collection of bits that they must get around to finishing off (or starting). I know I have. I've got some Space Marines that are twenty years old. Must finish them some time. I've got a load of modern micro armour to finish off. Must do that some time. Ahh, the list goes on, and on...