Sign in to follow this  
Tailsgod

X-Wing Confessions

My girlfriend doesn't like my gaming hobby.

Me: NAME might be coming over to play a game of x-wing.Girlfriend: Didn't you play that already this week?Me: You're watching tv, didn't you already do that this week?Girlfriend: !!!

-Cal

My girlfriend hates my gaming addiction as well and uses it against me in arguments..and it pisses me off because I dont get to Play the game but maybe once a month with a fellow Army vet who has PTSD real bad..he likes playing Rebels and I live the Empire so it works out great..i just tecently gave him one of my X-wings from the game because he loves X-Wings and Z-95's I never play Rebels anyway.. I cant for the life of me understand why she has this hate against my x-wing gaming stuff...its the only tablr top game I play any more and I hardly get to play it ...then she wants to say well you dont play it with me....why? When you show no interest in it whatsoever andyou use it as a way to try to hurt me in arguments...think I need to fire her as a girlfriend

Wow, unresolved issues there. I suspectshe won't be "the wife" on day...

Other than Soontir (and Interceptors in general), my favorite ships to fly are a Lambda with Engine Upgrade and TIE Bombers. Something about spending hours playing Rogue Squadron makes it feel good to get some revenge on the Rebels in those craft.

1: Like Boomer_J, I play solo (almost exclusively) but spend more time collecting, painting, and organizing than actually playing.

2: Without the pressure of competitive play, I'm comfortable fielding squads of weak ships like pre-Raider TIE/Adv just for the cinematic appeal.

3: I enjoyed the prequels immensely and most of TCW (primarily when there were spaceships on the screen) and would love to see a standalone-but-compatible Republic era game.

I dont think you're alone there.

I have a sneaky feeling few people play as much as they talk about playing.

Im lucky in that my good mates who live locally and my wife play xwing.  we've about 25 of us in our area of Nottingham (beeston) and  good local store.

I think i get on average about two games a week in.

I'm pretty sure thats probably a high average and the only people playing more than that are going to be single guys or roomates in shared accomodation like student houses.

Okay, major confession here.

I am enchanted by the idea of the Fortress, and I am thoroughly looking into figuring out how to make them work well, from the theory-level up.

My "Break the Fortress" threads aren't designed to force a fix on the issue, but rather as a way for me to explore it.

Edited by DraconPyrothayan

Confession: (more a blatantly obvious statement)... I hate the Millenium Falcon in this game. I believe FFG screwed the pooch in it's design. It needs to be revisited in some way and 'fixed' (yes I mean neutered). Stupid flying pancake....

Cheers

Confession: (more a blatantly obvious statement)... I hate the Millenium Falcon in this game. I believe FFG screwed the pooch in it's design. It needs to be revisited in some way and 'fixed' (yes I mean neutered). Stupid flying pancake....

Cheers

Not really a confession as much as a statement of fact :P

I'll chip another one. I actually flew a turret ( :o ), Dash Rider specifically. I was grumbling through all my games with it and making my opponent uncomfortable. The **** thing just felt so...unnatural.

"Oh ****, you predicted and outflew me! Oh wait, no...no I can fire at any angle I want."

or just the fact that you have to run away because range 1 is a no no zone rather than the "I have you now!" that it usually is

Then I slapped down Boba instead and my mood improved instantly ^_^

No idea what to do with my YT now, though... :unsure:

Edited by ficklegreendice

1: My friends and I occasionally reference evade and stress tokens in normal conversation, i.e., when somebody dodges an insult they played an evade token or, when blitzing through a yellow light, somebody comments the driver earned a stress token.

Deep breath.

I cut off the stand connectors on most of my ships and replaced them with miniature metal washers. Then I sanded the stands flat and attached magnetized spheres so that ships could be posed dynamically.

... The collector in me now regrets it. I'MSOSORRYLITTLEMODELS! IKNEWNOTWHATIDID!

2B. I occasionally stare at the miniature market page and flirt with the idea of buying replacements for all the ships I modified. So far shame and finances have joined forces to prevent me from doing it. But I still think about it sometimes...

Wow, I feel lighter.

Confession 1: If the fate of the world was based on my ability to position a TIE Phantom where I wanted it... well... let's just say it's been nice knowin' you all.

I play a version of Furball in which each of up to 6 players puts 3 asteroids in the same field, and there's no range restriction on where they can be placed anymore.

I have yet to crash Echo.

I am the Clownfish among the anemone.

I own at least one of every rebel ship but I haven't played a game as them yet.

When I had a pc I could never really figure out how to play vassel.

I would pay $50 for a mobile or tablet version of xwing right now. I'd still buy the models too.

I think they put out too many sets this year.

I text players to ask if they want to come to my place for a game. I then tell my wife, "BOB wants to play some X-Wing. Do you mind if he comes over?"

Just ran fat Han for the first time ever (meta doesn't exist here no one has ever brought one to an event) felt bad about it, seemed like cheating.