Sign in to follow this  
Lefthandedjedi

More than1 ship in expansions would be cool!!

What would REALLY be nice is if they included MORE THAN 1 SHIP IN EXPANSIONS. I think 2 TIE Phantoms, X-Wings, Interceptors, etc, per expansion pack, would be great (large ships/specialty expansions are exempt, of course)! Recently, I bought 2 Phantoms and 2 E-Wings, separately, at $15 each, but I don't need two Coran Horns or Whisper/Echo pilots, or duplicate cards. Sadly, the only way to get duplicate ships is by purchasing the individual expansions. I'd even be ok if they boosted the price $4-$5 for the extra model. Like most gamers, I'm on a limited budget and I'd like to get the most for my $$$...not wasting it. Who agrees?

The savings wouldn't be all that much, not nearly as much as you'd think.

You still need a base, you still need the generic pilots, you still need all the other cardboard.

So basically, what you want is that two of the generic pilot tiles have no printing on the reverse side.

That is in no way cheaper. Maybe, just maybe, 2 cents.

I agree that having the Pilots in duplicate is a pain because not only do you only need 1 set, outside of the Starter/Aces they have no trade or sale value either because anyone that has the ship will already have the pilots.

Not sure theres much can be done about it though. I bought 2 Phantoms when they first came out and besides the extra Tactician im kinda regretting even buying the second one. Id be pretty fed up if i was actually forced to and didnt have a choice.

You still need a base, you still need the generic pilots, you still need all the other cardboard.

So basically, what you want is that two of the generic pilot tiles have no printing on the reverse side.

Are you being serious? Or are you a troll? Or do you work for FF games? Or is it all 3?

I'm simply asking that an extra model and base be included. That's it. Sorry, but I don't feel that's unreasonable. Furthermore, it seems you have more money than intelligence if you think that buying 5 Headhunter expansions is Okl because you wanna build a swarm. Tell me...what do you do with all the duplicate unique cards, genius?

I appreciate your '2 cents', but not really.

One perk is that if you have the extra cards in case you play near lots of drinks (things tend to be spilled) have young kids/pets that like putting things in their mouths, having spares is always nice.  Yes you could buy card sleeves, but if you have 2-3 spares why spend the money?

Are you being serious? Or are you a troll? Or do you work for FF games? Or is it all 3?

I'm simply asking that an extra model and base be included. That's it. Sorry, but I don't feel that's unreasonable. Furthermore, it seems you have more money than intelligence if you think that buying 5 Headhunter expansions is Okl because you wanna build a swarm. Tell me...what do you do with all the duplicate unique cards, genius?

Scuze the living hell out of me? You call that trolling?

So you just want the extra model and base.

You think you don't need a dial? How about shield tokens, would you like some of those perhaps? Target locks? Focus, evade, ship identifiers? You need baseplates for the generics and guess what's printed on the other side of the generics? Might it be those unique pilots that you don't want duplicates of? Oh, wow, it might! The E-Wing comes with an Advanced Sensor, well, in this double pack, lets not put any duplicates!

And sure, maybe you are swimming in focus and evade tokens and have more than you know what to do with, but it is FFG's policy to provide each model what it needs to be played so that people can pick up a ship and rest assured they can actually play with it.

So, pilot card and unique pilot baseplate print, that's all you don't want. How much do you think it would save FFG and you?

Boy your gonna be fun to discuss with.  Hostile much?  Are you so sold on this idea you cant comprehend someone might disagree for some very valid reasons?

While I can understand your desire for a system like this it wont happen.  Double the value for a 28-33% increase in price?  Sounds like a dream come true for consumers...and a substantial loss for the company.  I cant think of any business reason they have to do this...Judging by current market and inventory conditions as we know them, yes what you are asking for is unreasonable.  They already cant produce enough plastic models to support the single blister system they already have...and there are plenty of people clamoring to buy more as singles.  Look at the interceptor for instance.

Insulting his intelligence for buying into the system as is (he really has no choice if he wants to run that swarm) simply shows me you either didnt think this idea through or at least didnt think your response through...either isnt helping your case and isnt going to make anyone want to engage seriously with you...

You know what I do with the extra cards?  I stash em in a box...so I have extras if one gets destroyed...if it doesnt well its not hurting me or anyone else sitting in a box...

2 ships in one pack is basically what they do with aces packs, and those are twice the cost of single ships. The cards and stuff in a pack account for so little of the cost of the product as to be negligible. Maybe $.25. The VAAAST majority of the cost of an expansion is the plastic, particularly the miniature itself but also the base. The thick cardboard makes up a lesser but noticeable amount also. Trimming out excess tokens and inserts and stuff might shave a dollar or two off the price (keep in mind you will still need dials and most of the insert) but really, FFG would have to keep singe ship packs in production as well, and the added expense of additional logistics for packaging, warehousing, inventory management and the like means that more likely such an initiative would RAISE prices to offset the additional cost.

Edited by Forgottenlore

One perk is that if you have the extra cards in case you play near lots of drinks (things tend to be spilled) have young kids/pets that like putting things in their mouths, having spares is always nice.  Yes you could buy card sleeves, but if you have 2-3 spares why spend the money?

Wait, what are you talking about?

If you're spilling drinks, ruining your cards or you're leaving your models and cards out for kids & pets to eat...you've got a whole different set of issues.

You think you don't need a dial? How about shield tokens, would you like some of those perhaps? Target locks? Focus, evade, ship identifiers? You need baseplates for the generics and guess what's printed on the other side of the generics? Might it be those unique pilots that you don't want duplicates of? Oh, wow, it might! The E-Wing comes with an Advanced Sensor, well, in this double pack, lets not put any duplicates!

And sure, maybe you are swimming in focus and evade tokens and have more than you know what to do with, but it is FFG's policy to provide each model what it needs to be played so that people can pick up a ship and rest assured they can actually play with it.

So, pilot card and unique pilot baseplate print, that's all you don't want. How much do you think it would save FFG and you?

With 2 models...would come 2 dials. Like I said...more $$$ than intelligence.

Wait, what are you talking about?

If you're spilling drinks, ruining your cards or you're leaving your models and cards out for kids & pets to eat...you've got a whole different set of issues.

You have no idea what the pilot rating of a six months old Bengal cat is. He is equipped with enhanced AND advanced sensors, moves straight into the combat phase where he attacks at PS 24 and then gets to reactivate his maneuver dial and action phase. :P.

It hasn't happened with this game yet, but I've had to take meeples out of his jaws before I even knew he was in the room, let alone on the table :D

His mother is more cunning but no less as fast.

And you figure this would only be 4-5$ more expensive?

In what universe? Certainly not this one, nor the Star Wars one

No, that's not what you said.

[q]I'm simply asking that an extra model and base be included[/q]

Where exactly would you see the cost reduction happening? A cost reduction, mind you, of 60% of the price of the second model.

You want everything that you find in two packs mashed together in one pack, except for the unique pilots, and expect that the removal of two pieces of cardboard warrant dollars off the price?

It's wishful thinking on the OPs part, he obviously failed to read the part where it was mentioned that the cost of the expansions is mostly the ships and that the paper products are minor costs... a dual ship set is 30 bucks.. thats reality..

Where exactly would you see the cost reduction happening? A cost reduction, mind you, of 60% of the price of the second model.

You want everything that you find in two packs mashed together in one pack, except for the unique pilots, and expect that the removal of two pieces of cardboard warrant dollars off the price?

We, evidently aren't gonna see 'eye-to-eye on this. Go bother someone else, please.

We, evidently aren't gonna see 'eye-to-eye on this. Go bother someone else, please.

Now wait, I'm really curious, maybe I'm not understanding you, so correct me if I'm wrong.

You buy two expansion packs of the same ship (say E-Wing).

The E-Wing comes with a generic Astromech and single copies each of Outmaneuver, a Torpedo and Advanced Sensors.

It also comes with two generic pilots, a unique astromech and two uniques.

And all the cardboard needed to fly the ship such as tokens and the dial.

You would like a pack of two ships containing all the stuff you need but no duplicates of the uniques. Now, that I can understand, I find it a minor quibble but whatever. 

But how do you reason that the removal of 2 pilot cards, one astromech card and not printing the pilot bases for Etahn and Corran twice equals a reduction of 50 to 60% of the price?

Or have I completely misread your opening post?

Does Most Wanted count as a Scum Aces pack, you think? 

It is but i consider it more a Scum 'Starter pack' because its not just the ships it comes with, but sets up all the other pre-existing ships too so although you're buying 3 ships, you're making 5 ships playable.

6 (You get 2 Y-Wing dials)

I do enjoy the logic of "I have an opinion, who agrees with me? If you do not YOU ARE WRONG GO AWAY!"

The point he is trying to make dude is that your op seems to suggest that you want everything that comes in 2 ships, repackaged into 1 box, with nothing removed barring 2 to 4 Pilot cards and a couple less Pilot base indicators, and you expect that to lower the combined price by $10?

Yes, its a pain to have the spare cards but as has been said, accidents happen and cards can suffer wear and tear. Suggesting people 'have issues' for not being able to keep a set of cards undamaged is pretty dickish and petulant.

So, either the OP missed my post in the flurry of...whatever, or he is deliberately ignoring it. Either way, it is worth repeating to make sure he sees it.

2 ships in one pack is basically what they do with aces packs, and those are twice the cost of single ships. The cards and stuff in a pack account for so little of the cost of the product as to be negligible. Maybe $.25. The VAAAST majority of the cost of an expansion is the plastic, particularly the miniature itself but also the base. The thick cardboard makes up a lesser but noticeable amount also. Trimming out excess tokens and inserts and stuff might shave a dollar or two off the price (keep in mind you will still need dials and most of the insert) but really, FFG would have to keel singe ship packs in production as well, and the added expense of additional logistics for packaging, warehousing, inventory management and the like means that more likely such an initiative would RAISE prices to offset the additional cost.