Sign in to follow this  
jeffnorth86

Antlered Crown player card spoilers inside!

Holy ****, some really great cards there! :o

Captain of Gondor is just OP man, wow!

Waters of Nimrodel! Freaking powerfull!

Don't be hasty is a great card that provides cool backup!

Shadows give way is Awesome! With songs it's even possible for nonmonoSpirit.

Ride them Down, fun, cool card.

Warden of Helm's Deep is great vs cost for defence!

The Day's Riding is a cool card. Funny how it obvoius doesn't work with Erkenbrand himself.

Erkenbrand is just cool. New defender instead Beregond.

Really cool cards! I think I like Erkenbrand, but I'm not sure how good he is. It seems they decided to give leadership Rohan a defensive approach, but that's strange considering the trait's strategy of allies leaving play and the chumpblocker scout. Maybe he's not supposed to be part of a Rohan deck, but in that case, what deck is he supposed to be in?

The other cards are also pretty good. All seem pretty playable at first glance.

Some good, some meh cards here imo.

Really like Erkenbrand. Save defense from turn 1? Yes please.

Both leadership & tactics cards are good.

Ride them down is great, but i don't see shadows give way getting played alot.

Finally, lore got the short stick in this pack imo. Both very occational cards.

Erkenbrand seems like he will complement Rohan in providing a solid defense in case of fighting bosses who cant be defended by allies or nasty chump blocking shadow effects. I like him a lot! If you pair him with warden of Healing you can have a built in Burning Brand!

I don't see how useful Don't Be Hasty will be, there are very few times this would be worth the space.

RIde them down seems like a good concept but I don't know if it's worth the cost ratio especially considering how powerful Rohan characters already are at attacking may be overkill.

Erkenbrand seems like a poor man's Balin.

Warden of Hems Deep is a good ally defender this game needed.

The Day's Rising is attachment made for Erkenbrand, but THANKS GODS it's not restricted to Erkenbrand.

Captain of Gondor, Ride them Down, Treebeard and Booming Ent were spoiled eons ago.

Shadows Give Way is a nice Spirit version of Thicket of Spears.

Don't Be Hasty! is not nice Lore version of Late Adventurer.

Waters of Nimrodel... good to have a new Doomed card.

As noted by others, leadership Rohan is quite different from the other Rohan spheres now. Let's look at the obvious comparisons:

Erkenbrand vs Beregond: Beregond has better raw defense and tailormade attachments, but Erkenbrand is great for shadow cancellation. He makes a better mid-range defender, and can cancel shadows anywhere, not just for attacks against him. That makes chump blocking a lot less risky and turns Erkenbrand into a nice centerpiece of the overall defensive strategy. Still needs some healing in the deck and defense boosts.

Warden vs. Defender of Ramas: Warden is more expensive but gets sentinel and leadership can afford it. Either is good in its sphere.

Day's rising: Cool to have something that interacts with Sentinel rather than ranged. I see this on Beregond or either Aragorn rather than Erkenbrand. Also a nice boost to pass to the other player in multiplayer: leadership has better resource accelleration but for tactics or lore this could be great.

Don't be hasty: Interesting little card. At first glance it is a reverse late adventurer, but there is some potential here. You could use it to avoid nasty efects targetting exhausted or questing characters, or resolve a boost obtained when commiting (e.g. Theodred) and then pull back the hero.

Man... I too am impressed by Waters of Nimrodel.  That looks too good to be true.  There are a bunch of quests where one of the main difficulties is losing to attrition due to archery damage or direct damage from other effects.  This card essentially solves those problems all by itself.

Erkenbrand seems like he will complement Rohan in providing a solid defense in case of fighting bosses who cant be defended by allies or nasty chump blocking shadow effects. I like him a lot! If you pair him with warden of Healing you can have a built in Burning Brand!

I don't see how useful Don't Be Hasty will be, there are very few times this would be worth the space.

RIde them down seems like a good concept but I don't know if it's worth the cost ratio especially considering how powerful Rohan characters already are at attacking may be overkill.

Ride them down is not restiricted to rohan in any way.

Quest cannon decks will love this card to take out a nasty enemy before it even engages.

This card will have merit in solo and multi player.

oh my gosh!  some of those cards are so good its just not fair for people like me who don't have lots of money!  ah well.  I have been wondering about an Erkenbrand hero, though.  I wonder why they are kinda leaving the silvan stuff they had in the past few packs. 

Beregond has better raw defense and tailormade attachments, but Erkenbrand is great for shadow cancellation. He makes a better mid-range defender, and can cancel shadows anywhere, not just for attacks against him. 

No, he does not. He gains his ability only while he is defending, so he cannot cancel any shadow outside of attacks made against him.

Don't be hasty: Interesting little card. At first glance it is a reverse late adventurer, but there is some potential here. You could use it to avoid nasty efects targetting exhausted or questing characters, or resolve a boost obtained when commiting (e.g. Theodred) and then pull back the hero.

All things you listed here can be done with Late Advanturer the same way.

Erkenbrand seems like a poor man's Balin.

I like the consistency of Erkenbrand's abiliy.  Balin has the risk factor since you have to deal a new shadow card.  And of course Erkie's defense is better.

Erkenbrand can only cancel during his defense. Balin can cancel across the board, not being a defender.

All things you listed here can be done with Late Advanturer the same way.

Except what he said with Theodred

And yes, I understand that Erkenbrand can only cancel his own shadow cards, not those dealt against other defenders. He is a very different hero than Balin and will be a marquee defender - something that Rohan desperately needed.

How is outright cancelation inferior to dealing a new shadow card? Erkenbrand is not a poor man's anything. Also, 3 defense with Sentinel makes him great for multiplayer.

By itself - it's not. By the circumstances both of these can be triggered - it's inferior by far.

How is outright cancelation inferior to dealing a new shadow card? Erkenbrand is not a poor man's anything. Also, 3 defense with Sentinel makes him great for multiplayer.

By itself - it's not. By the circumstances both of these can be triggered - it's inferior by far.

Worst case scenario Erkenbrand takes 1 damage instead of being killed outright by an awful shadow card. Balin would have to spend a resource and the defender could still end up dead when the replacement shadow card is revealed.

Less flexible? Yes.  More of a risk/gamble? No. Inferior to Balin's? No.