Sign in to follow this  
barabelsftw

The Mysterious PS 8

I wouldn't mind if there were no rogue shadow, it was a one of a kind ship.

It was also almost twice the length of a YT1300, so I dont think it really "fits" anyway. At 65 metres, it would be in a bit of an awkward spot between the YT-1300 (just under 35m) and the GR-75 (90m). 

Too big to be a large, too small to be a huge, and very lightly armed anyway for its size. IT was a stealth insertion transport really.

I think we can count this as confirmed.

icpdz7jzYjgDh.png

Note: this isn't an an enhance, I simply cobbled together the letters from other pilot cards, then applied a rotate/twist to align it with the base insert. Pretty sure the match is close enough.

If this is Juno... Shes in the wrong ship.  She flew a TIE BOMBER in Black 8 squadron.   Also I hope they dont include the Inquisitor in this line since he pilots a TIE Advanced V1.  Unless they make a V1 title downgrade mod it wont fit well with him piloting a X1.

I think we can count this as confirmed.

icpdz7jzYjgDh.png

Note: this isn't an an enhance, I simply cobbled together the letters from other pilot cards, then applied a rotate/twist to align it with the base insert. Pretty sure the match is close enough.

If this is Juno... Shes in the wrong ship.  She flew a TIE BOMBER in Black 8 squadron.   Also I hope they dont include the Inquisitor in this line since he pilots a TIE Advanced V1.  Unless they make a V1 title downgrade mod it wont fit well with him piloting a X1.

As far as Juno's concerned, there's precedent for this sort of ship/pilot match with pilots like Etahn.

There's really no need to start dragging Rebels stuff into this though, FFG doesn't seem to like the cartoon-y stuff too much, thank heavens.

Edited by Tipperary

No her bio says advanced and hand picked by Vader to lead the unit... and that picture shows pretty clearly it's her...

What bio?  In her SWTFU WII bio she made a bombing run on a planet.  After desttoying the target the damage she caused resulted in mass death of the people living on it.

The picture is from the side though, you how many blonde women there in the Empire.  Just in the NAVY alone there tens of mil IMPs.

Besides why would a pilot be leading around two IMP Trandos and kicking the crap out of a guy thats not on a IMP base?  Pilots dont normally if not ever have to police people like what the IMP looks like they r doing in the above picture.

Edited by Black Knight Leader

Black 8 is an all advanced unit.. and Vader wanted her to lead it.. 2 + 2 .. is 4..

Since when is it a all advanced squadron?  I red parts of the stories with the Black 8 in it, they were all IMP humans that were slaves because they had sided with the CIS during the clone wars.  They all flew TIE/LNs.

Wookiepedia shows some of that history, but also said it was a all advanced unit. I read where she was a good /ln pilot, thays where Vader took note. I dont know.. read it see for yourself.. maybe I misread, but that's what I got from it...

Wookiepedia shows some of that history, but also said it was a all advanced unit. I read where she was a good /ln pilot, thays where Vader took note. I dont know.. read it see for yourself.. maybe I misread, but that's what I got from it...

The start of the Wookieepedia article says they flew TIE/ln and TIE/sa- that's fighters and bombers respectively. I don't see any mention of the advanced <shrug>

Not that I care, tbh, which pilot is in which ship though

Did anyone else notice it's the PS8 pilot cardboard insert in the Advanced model pic of the article?

swx30-tie-advanced.png

Guys...I think that says Juno Eclipse.

If it doesn't say Juno Eclipse... it should. I loved Juno.

That would also open up some great possibilities. Rogue Shadow anyone? Dual Factions?

The start of the Wookieepedia article says they flew TIE/ln and TIE/sa- that's fighters and bombers respectively. I don't see any mention of the advanced <shrug>

Not that I care, tbh, which pilot is in which ship though

It does.. maybe I mixed up my sources. Lol wouldn't be the first time.

I had to get it somewhere.. too late to go surfing now.. maybe tomorrow.. before medieval times.. lol

1 - Yay! More lady pilots!

2 - Maybe the Inquisitor is the PS 5 or 3? He doesn't have to be a complete piloting wizard. He's already a Force wizard. Give him a powerful (maybe focus based) pilot ability and he could be a lower PS to balance it.

The PS 5 is commander Alozen out of Storm Squadron.

Given that, I'd not be surprised if the PS 8 is Storm Leader.

Seing as how we've seen nothing from Rebels or The Force Unleashed but we have seen stuff out of Galaxies, I'd wager we'll see more officers out of Storm Squadron with the Raider and Juno be saved for a different ship.

1 - Yay! More lady pilots!

2 - Maybe the Inquisitor is the PS 5 or 3? He doesn't have to be a complete piloting wizard. He's already a Force wizard. Give him a powerful (maybe focus based) pilot ability and he could be a lower PS to balance it.

The PS 5 is commander Alozen out of Storm Squadron.

Given that, I'd not be surprised if the PS 8 is Storm Leader.

Seing as how we've seen nothing from Rebels or The Force Unleashed but we have seen stuff out of Galaxies, I'd wager we'll see more officers out of Storm Squadron with the Raider and Juno be saved for a different ship.

Perhaps! Sure, Alozen is 5 that's right. I just mean that the Inquisitor doesn't have to be PS 8, which is likely Juno Eclipse. 

That would leave the Rogue Shadow as a viable addiotion for a future wave, with the Imperials getting a large base cloaked ship.

SI still cant see it coming for the reason i mentioned before....size.

I mean, it's 27 metres longer than a Decimator. How big can a large base ship really get before it is just too big? It would overhang by loads, and by horribly unwieldy on the table.

And it's too small for a huge base.

It just doesn't really fir the game. It's not really heavily armed, it's too big. All it would be is a really massive Phantom, without even more firepower and SIGNIFICANTLY more problems in finding space to decloak.