Sign in to follow this  
KineticOperator

FFG Hates Us

Fantasy Flight Games:

First, they completely ignore Epic play for Imperials.  I mean, are they planning to drop support for Epic entirely, or do they just hate Imperials?  They completely dropped the ball here, there is no way to make a Star Destroyer fit into Epic scale.  They have TWO ships for Rebels, but nothing for Imperials and no way to do anything that isn't a crappy repaint of a CR-90.

Also, they know for a fact that the TIE - Advanced, one of THE iconic ships of Star Wars, is unplayable, but yet they keep power-creeping a bunch of never heard of EU ships rather than fix them.  Terrible, they must hate Imperials.

:-)

Just a friendly reminder of the direction threads have been going the last couple months...

lol

As an ex 40k player I don't find the price offensive, there are gw kits that cost that and more just look at forgeworld.

I like the look, I like the advanced upgrades and look forward to seeing the cr-90 have something to properly engage.

Fantasy Flight Games:

First, they completely ignore Epic play for Imperials.  I mean, are they planning to drop support for Epic entirely, or do they just hate Imperials?  They completely dropped the ball here, there is no way to make a Star Destroyer fit into Epic scale.  They have TWO ships for Rebels, but nothing for Imperials and no way to do anything that isn't a crappy repaint of a CR-90.

Also, they know for a fact that the TIE - Advanced, one of THE iconic ships of Star Wars, is unplayable, but yet they keep power-creeping a bunch of never heard of EU ships rather than fix them.  Terrible, they must hate Imperials.

:-)

Just a friendly reminder of the direction threads have been going the last couple months...

lol

Noth'n wrong with a little friendly hate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As an ex 40k player I don't find the price offensive, there are gw kits that cost that and more just look at forgeworld.

I like the look, I like the advanced upgrades and look forward to seeing the cr-90 have something to properly engage.

Rats. I only have one friend on this site, and I was going to add you, but then I found out you played 40K.

But seriously, people who think FFG is a bad company that mistreats its customers need to get out there and waste some of their time/money/life on some other games made by companies that do everything short of spitting on their customers.

FFG will replace defective product.

X-wing is the closest thing to a truly balanced game I've ever played.

No part of the game is exclusive and/or ridiculously expensive in the aftermarket. (See above statement about balance.)

Okay, that's really it. It may not seem like much, but when you deal with companies that won't even stand behind their product and replace it if they sold you something flawed, you start to get a better perspective on these things.

Edited by Haven13

Rats. I only have one friend on this site, and I was going to add you, but then I found out you played 40K.

But seriously, people who think FFG is a bad company that mistreats its customers need to get out there and waste some of their time/money/life on some other games made by companies that do everything short of spitting on their customers.

No part of the game is exclusive and/or ridiculously expensive in the aftermarket. (See above statement about balance.)

Okay, that's really it. It may not seem like much, but when you deal with companies that won't even stand behind their product and replace it if they sold you something flawed, you start to get a better perspective on these things.

I hope you dont mean GW. I have many, many issues with them, but customer service was sure never one of them.

Bad rules, overpriced models, terrible materials, toxic business practices, insane design choices, no balance, terrible writing....sure. But customer service was always top notch!

anyone grousing over the price must remember: We were ridiculing the TIE Advanced this whole time and telling people not to waste their money. So, this is a fix for the TIE Advanceds people don't have anyway.

On the other hand I imagine I'm not alone in the world where others have purchased 4+ TIE advanceds hoping to run flight groups. The Raider is perfect for me because now I can outfit almost all of my TIE Advanceds now with the upgrade cards. I say almost, because now I cant' fit the one I'm getting with the Raider.

Besides, Epic ship. It's time to give the rebels a taste of their own medicine.

I hope you dont mean GW. I have many, many issues with them, but customer service was sure never one of them.

Bad rules, overpriced models, terrible materials, toxic business practices, insane design choices, no balance, terrible writing....sure. But customer service was always top notch!

Cool. Good to know. I've known so many GW players who complain about the toxic business practices you mention as well as the balance, that it's good to know they do something right.

I was making reference to certain blind-buy collectible miniatures games.

Also, to add to the list above, quality that varies from passable to just plain garbage.

And talk about "toxic" business practices? "You'll need to buy this many blind boosters to get the Super-Rare or Chase that you really want and be left with hundreds of figures NO ONE will trade for and don't sport a recyclable insignia."

anyone grousing over the price must remember:

What they need to realize is that you're getting a Epic ship about the same size as the CR-90 + a Tie Advanced, for the same price as the CR-90.

Didn't the CR-90 retail at $90?