Sign in to follow this  
Glaurung

silvan deck.

I made a silvan deck. Haldir Galadriel Celrborn.

No need to say I win easy all quest now. Even heirs of Numenor nightmare. Outland is just baby against Silvan. And there is no chance for Nightmare quests t do something against this Silvan deck…..

Deck list is simple like helk

3 silvan tracker

3 naith guide

3 naith defender

3 Galafriel handmaiden

1 Orophin

1 Rumil

2 Riverong

2 Asfaloth

3 light of Valinor

3 Galadrim ministrel

3 tree people

3 A very good tale

3 Daeron runes

3 sneak attack

3 Gandalf core

Actually there is something also but I don't remember now…. Is very easy deck… and crazy powerful

Elrond council ?

My deck is quite equivalent to yours.

I have just introduce Bow of Galadrim and Rivendell blade with Good harvest for Haldir.

My threat stay around 15 quickly and Haldir one shot ennemies in staging area.

Silvan allies questing.

I think they seem too powerful because you are playing solo. I run Silvans and play two handed and whilst they are quite powerful and really versatile (I can beat most normal quests first or second go) they are certainly not overpowered to the point where I almost cannot lose and beat every nightmare quest without any effort.... if you really are pulling this off in solo then solo is even easier than I thought.

also just want to make it clear no animosity or disrespect is meant here, I recognise you are a very good player AND deck builder of this game and value your videos and contributions but if Silvans really are making the game THAT easy for you even against Nightmare quests (especially HoN) maybe you should give two handed play a go. You seem like a glutton for punishment anyway always wanting harder quests and more nightmare ones so if you have the time and patience I definitely recommend it!

Yes you right for solo many quest is more easy. Special nmode became really hard with number of players.

Watcher in the Water NMode this Silvan deck fears. . I lost it couple of time. Also lost Flight from Moria.

But into Ithilien and Siege of Carad blalabla I win from first attempt. I play only Nightmare mode of course if is possible for current quest metagame.

Edited by Glaurung

Well, by a very good tale or Tree people Rumil can't use his ability. He is just a ranged attacker (which in a solo deck is kind of pointless). Since his ability only triggers if played from your hand. Wouldn't it be better just to use Gildor or something? I know he isn't Silvan but he has a decent ability and you can still play him from your hand.

Once you get Rumil in your hand I don't see him ever staying on the field more than a phase. Heck wouldn't even Galadhon Archers be better since you can trigger them off a very good tale or tree people. Rumil is only 1 more damage than them in your deck currently,

Glaurung, I am a pretty new LOTR LCG player, so maybe I do not play as well as you (even if we use the same deck), but isn't at least Escape From Dol Guldur hard for this deck while playing solo?

BTW, I agree with the above posters that this deck is very powerful (and, to a certain extent, it almost builds itself).

Eu8L1ch, the issue with dol guldur is that with the hero thing at the beginning, threesphere just doesn't really work that well because no matter who is "captured" a 3rd of your cards are duds.  Now, I don't own the ring makers and I am not familiar with this deck but might it work to replace, say Haldir, with maybe Idrael, at least for Dol guldor, sinse it is a pretty specialized quest?

I know the hardest part of Dol Guldur is the randomness of the starting prisoner, but Glaurung said he won easy every quest (including nightmare versions) so I asked myself of could one win easily against Nightmare Escape from Dol Guldur while playing solo. I'm not doubting it's possible, just want to be sure.

The silvan deck I built is able to win escape from Dol Guldur with random prisoner about 66% of the time; Elrond and Nenya help a lot in this situation making me sure I'll be able to play both Lore and Spirit allies.

Decklist is the following:

Heroes: Galadriel / Celeborn / Elrond [or Grima, see below]

Allies (23)

1x Henamarth Riversong*

3x Galadhrim Minstrel

2x Daughter of the Nimrodel [not very effecient but healing is often needed]

3x Galadriel's Handmaiden

3x Galadhon Archer [for fighting power, could be replaced by Mirkwood Runner]

3x Naith Guide

2x Orophin*

3x Defender of the Naith [being neutral + possible action advantage is useful, even though his stats are questionable]

3x Gandalf*

Attachments (13)

1x Light of Valinor

1x Unexpected Courage

2x Protector of Lorien

3x Nenya

3x Steward of Gondor

3x O Lorien!

Events (14)

3x The Tree People

3x Island amid perils

3x Feigned Voices

2x A Test of Will

3x Sneak Attack

Some cards I left out in this list but sometimes include: Arwen, Elrond's Counsel, Mirror of Galadriel.

I tried switching Elrond out: Grima works very well since this deck is very resource-hungry. In fact I think Grima is probably stronger for solo. I mainly use Elrond for thematic reasons.

I feel like Glaurung probably used Steward of Gondor instead of O Lorien, but I'm going to stick with the tribal attachment for now. Silvan Refugee is such a pain to play around... I'm going to pull her for two Nenya for now, which I want partly for the Lore icon. I'm also going to try Will of the West in place of Island Amid Peril.

Silvan Refugee in my opinion is more of a liability when playing Silvans, since even though it allows you to trigger 0-cost Silvan events for a cost of 1 instead of 2 she does not have any "enters play" ability and, more importantly she is discarded if you prefer taking back in your hand one of the Silvan with powerful EP abilities, namely Naith Guide and Galadhrim Minstrel (and maybe the Handmaiden too).

@Glaurung

Ok, makes sense, Dol Guldur is very special indeed. I advice you try it all the same, I was really surprised with how well this deck performed against such a difficult scenario and one that seemed so bad for Silvan strategy in particular.