Sign in to follow this  
Forensicus

Custom Game Trayz pledge/joint request

Just saw this video about the product from Game Trays and wondered if anyone else would like to make a sort of joint request to them for an Imperial Assault custom tray solution??

I was thinking that it might be an idea to have them make an insert/tray for the map/door tiles and a general sorting tray for the cards, tokens and core set miniatures. And also to make a couple of skirmish/campaign trays which should contain space/slots for tokens, command, deployment and other cards/decks, dice, tokens needed in a skirmish game?

The stuff should all be made to fit the core box, but the skirmish trays would, alongside the needed minis, be taken out for tournament use.

What do you think of the idea/concept?

Of course with all the upcoming expansions deep thoughts needs to be put in order to make any such solution "expandable". IMO the miniatures will need a separate storing solution in the long run such as piano boxes or similar.

How are card sleeves typically handled? It seems like if the trays fit sleeved cards, it'll be too loose for naked cards but if you do naked cards, sleeved cards won't fit.

It really depends on the game.  Depending on the box and amount of space we have to work with determines the solution.  If there is ample space like in our Euphoria Trayz, we offer 2 separate spots for sleeved and unsleeved cards.  If there is little space in the box, we have to be more creative, and possibly offer 2 different Trayz designs to accomodate both versions.

I think the highly variable shapes and sizes of the map tiles would make a tray that fits everything neatly in the Imperial Assault box a major challenge. But even so, even if I needed to keep the miniatures separate from the box, something like that would be a huge benefit. All the different tokens, tiles, and cards mean there is a lot to keep track of with this game, and it's fairly setup-intensive.

expansions gonna be the problem. Just having a slot for the base game atst gonna take a lot of room, thats without adding General Weiss.

Havnt had core game yet, does anyone know if theres as many token in this as there are in X-Wing? used 2 slotted plano type boxes for that and still have to double up tokens in trays!

would be intrested if it can be done. Any protection options for painted miniatures?

Expansions can be tricky, but not impossible to deal with.  If we have the option of an external component, we can add a lid that will hold the pieces in place when in storage.  With the minis, we have some preliminary designs that grasp the bases of the models and holds them securely in travel.

Sounds good to us! Let me know if you get any others interested in this! Thanks!

Noah,

GameTrayz

Hi Noah.

Kewl to see you present here in this forum and that you are positive towards the idea. I also wrote to your customer support address on the website.

I cdo hope people will express/show interest in the idea and that you will be able to make something happen. 

Just playing a couple of skirmish game have certainly made it VERY clear for me that there is a need to have something that will help you stay/keep organized in tournament settings.

This weekend I'll be playing some campaign missions with some friends and I think this will give me more inspiration for the general storage/organizing of the game and how/what trays might need to contain to help provide the players with an easier/better gaming experience.

-Niko-